Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: iPhone: The Missing Manual, 3rd Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on May 14, 2014
I love this book. I bought my IPhone in September, knowing nothing about them. I was a dummy, still am, but this book has taught me so much. I read a bit of it every day, too large to read at one sitting! I learn a bit more about my phione every day.
I bought several other books before this one, but this is the one that helped me out the most, very impresive.
Pat
on January 16, 2014
This is my fourth 'missing manual' (plus an eBook), and a much needed tool to understanding iOS 7. It's expanded to 586 pages of extremely useful information, covering everything from the A7 chip to zooming. There are, of course, a lot of new features that need explanation, for the minimalist designs the Apple engineers decided to use in its software aren't always helpful in describing their functions. A manual is needed for all but total geeks, and David Pogue has always come through with witty though thoughtful guides to comprehending yet another amazing technical device. Good for iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s and 5c, or whatever uses iOS 7. You really need this book for the helpful tips alone.
on April 3, 2014
This is my very first iPhone (5S) so I needed plenty of help to teach me how to navigate through it. Happy to say The Missing Manual is my perfect choice. I had tried two different authors including the Dummy one, from my local library and they left me confused more than help me. Next, I went through all the Amazon reviews and I liked what people thought of this one. To me it was worth trying it since I really needed to have something to teach me the ropes of a beginner. After a couple of months I was confident enough and able to manage Apps, mail and photos as well as texting. Now I feel like all the material in simple language in this book is really doing the trick. It has opened a new world for me considering I am in my senior years. If you need to learn from the beginning this is the book for you.
on May 28, 2014
I gave the book a five-star rating because I think it is a great guide for dummies like me who are starters using smart phones. It is well written and illustrated to be easily understood by a beginner or one wanting to learn more about their phone. I bought a second book for my son-in-law who coveted mine and plan to purchase a third one for a friend. Thanks David Pogue for sharing your knowledge!
on September 24, 2014
Nice to have something to reference when I have a question about my iphone 5. Really has allowed me to use the phone more fully.
Haven't read the whole book, but already I am amazing my friends and family(and sharing) the many little "tricks" my phone can do. You can find this stuff online, but I like having it all in one place, with an index!
on August 4, 2014
This book is so helpfull, I am older and did not grow up using a computer or any thing that was even close to a teck device. I just got my first I Phone, I could not figure out how to do anything with it but call out and answer. This book has helped me so much. I could not figure out how to do much on my own, so this book is great help to me..Well worth the money.
on February 7, 2014
Having just purchased an iPhone after using Android for 4 years, I wanted a book that would quickly put me up to speed on the iPhone's features. More importantly, I was interested in knowing about tips and tricks that would improve my use and workflow on the phone.

This is the first Missing Manual book I've read, and I must say I'm impressed with how easy it is to follow and how comprehensive it is. I completed the book in a couple of days and by the time I was done, I had a better grasp on the hidden features of the iPhone and iOS 7. If you're new to iOS, this is definitely the book to start with.
on January 19, 2014
I'm a new iPhone user. The book was very helpful in getting to know the basics of phone and the apps. The phone is extremely well designed and has many, many capabilities that the average user can be overwhelmed with. I admit that some of the uses like bluetooth and sharing might be more familiar to someone who had owned an iPhone before, but remain a bit of a mystery to me after one read. That said, I have learned much and look forward to continuing my studies.
on October 27, 2009
Well, I lost my Motorola Razr phone which had served me well for two years. It's in the house somewhere, but I never did find it. All my friends had been telling me I needed a smart phone, so when this happened I went to the AT&T store and bought an iPhone 3GS (16 gig).

The girl I spoke with said that "everything's pretty intuitive" so that was why it didn't come with an instruction booklet. Wrong!!! There are things this phone can do that are not intuitive, but still simply amazing.

I'd bought David Pogue's missing manual for my Mac laptop, and I knew he was a really good writer, so I bought this book about my iPhone by him, too. It has been well worth the money. The book is bigger than the phone itself, and there is information in this book that I never would have been able to guess on my own.

I have some quibbles about the phone, especially that I can't forward voicemails from it, but that's not the phone's fault . . . it's AT&T's. The book, on its own, ... Fabulous!
VINE VOICEon July 14, 2014
this book is very helpful. I used it more as a reference book and it has helped me learn to use my i-phone's GPS and many other things Iwould have had trouble figuring out on my own. I still have a lot to learn and will consult this book as i find the time.