5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome headphones
I'm not exactly an audiophile, but I know when I'm hearing some good, clear sound.

This pair of headphones also has some pretty good bass, not too heavy, not too weak.

Published on May 24, 2006 by some person

2.0 out of 5 stars I should have known better
The price was right($20), that should have been my first clue to the poor quality.

The sound was ok at best. Low end was a bit muffled and the high's were not crisp.

Published on June 11, 2006 by Glenn T. Howard Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome headphones, May 24, 2006
This review is from: iRhythms A-9800 Passive Noise Reducing Ear Bud Headphones (Electronics)

This comes with actually 4 different types of ear pieces. 3 different sized-like the ones in the product picture here and 1 that is like the foam noise blockers you sometimes get on airline flights.

I must say that this also blocks out noise EXCEPTIONALLY well. With my old headphones, I would have to crank up the volume on my Rio Carbon to level 17 or so. With these, I can leave the volume at level 1 and I can still hear it perfectly.

Also, the on-cord volume control is kind of neat, though superfluous since most players of any kind have volume control on it already.

And for the price I got it at, I couldn't ask for anymore.

I highly recommend these headphones.

2.0 out of 5 stars I should have known better, June 11, 2006

They blocked out un-wanted noise out adaquately, but the inter-changable buds are prone to falling off and getting lost way to easily. There is no case or protective pouch for storage. The gauge of the wire is too thin and the jacket of the wire is easily damaged. The in-line volume control switch feels cheap and flimsy, like it ready to break apart.

I did not expect awesome sounding headphones for $20. For the price, I expected a decent sounding pair that was well constructed so it could take some abuse.

I cannot recommend these headphones based on the poor construction and vunerability of the earbuds getting lost.

Do not waste your money on these headphones. keep looking and be prepared to spend a little more. It will be worth it in the long run.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect headphones for urban dwellers who use mass transit, July 3, 2006
R. Feld (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I chose these by reading other reviews on Amazon. I am pleased with them and recommend them. Good sound, light weight. The best feature is that they do NOT leak sound yet you can still hear loud noises around you. This is perfect for an ipod-using NYC subway rider. Don't want to annoy others by leaking sound, but you have to be able to hear if there is exterior noise, at least enough to know to turn down the sound and find out what's going on.

Only con - Once you lose or wear out the removable spongy pieces I'm not sure where you can get replacements.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them, July 3, 2006
These ear buds are great for people with small ears. I've tried several and these are by far the best. It comes with 3 sizes of buds and the smallest work best for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, but they do have great bass, January 4, 2007
These headphones have great bass but overall sound quality is barely acceptable and comfort is terrible. Midrange is kind of muddled and highs are weak. The silicone earpieces have ridges on them from the mold which are very uncomfortable in my ears, and despite there being three sizes none of them form a dependable seal. (The seal is necessary for noise reduction and vital for sound quality.) The foam earpieces are relatively comfortable but one of mine expands so fast that I cannot properly put it in and I have to constantly fiddle with it. I could go on but I feel this is enough. I wouldn't buy them again even if they were almost free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, January 6, 2007
I was very disappointed in these headphones and returned them. Although they were comfortable, the sound was muffled. No mid or high range and the base was muddy. The buds that came with my 2nd generation Nano are much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound quality, January 13, 2007
Paula L. Minor "raven880" (Carmel, IN United States) - See all my reviews
I'm happy with the sound quality of these and they fit nice and flat against my ear but the material ....the rubbery stuff...that goes in my ear irritates my skin when I wear them for any length of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, I recommend..., July 29, 2007
M. D. Inman (Rolla, Missouri) - See all my reviews
The earbuds that come with iPod and many MP3 players often are too big to fit in my ears comfortably. These iRhythms fit into the ears like ear plugs and deliver an excellent quality sound without the discomfort of the standard size ear phones. Over and around the head ear phones are often too big for daily use and the standard earbuds are uncomfortable. I give this product 5 stars for, comfort and 4 stars for audio quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor sound quality and noise reduction, May 31, 2007
While the price may have been a clue, the sound quality has been poor. Sounds muddy and muffled. No seperation or crispness. I tried the different options included in the packaging to get a good fit to reduce exterior noise. Any degree of effectiveness has been from pressing them to an uncomfortable degree into my ear canal. I do not recommend them at any price.

3.0 out of 5 stars These headphones are good if you dont plan on moving at all while ..., November 22, 2014
These headphones are good if you dont plan on moving at all while theyre in your ears. If you try to work out with them they fall out constantly. The design of the bbuds make is so theyre constantly rubbing your ears which makes them fall out alot. The wire is also very long which is another reason these are not really excersize friendly

iRhythms A-9800 Passive Noise Reducing Ear Bud Headphones