Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver" and save 48% off the $449.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
iRobot 560 Roomba Vacuuming Robot, Black and Silver
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Vacuuming robot picks up dirt and debris with the touch of a button
- Easy-to-empty bagless dustbin; fine-filtration system traps allergens
- Anti-tangle technology; gentle-touch bumper system; built-in cliff sensors
- Self-charging Home Base, 2 Auto Virtual Walls, an extra filter, and more included
- Measures 16-3/4 by 21 by 5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. Quieter than a standard vaccuum
2. Seems to learn the room dimensions quickly. The virtual walls and lighthouse feature are very nice.
3. Is "smart" enough to avoid getting tangled in our area rugs
4. Obviously easy to use as it is just a push of a button (or even better when you program it)
5. Can use everyday to keep the floors spotless
6. Have successfully used it on hard wood, vinyl, carpet and (accidently) concrete
7. Cleans under furniture which is otherwise a pain to do
8. Entertainment value - keeps the dog and baby interested for a while!
Cons (or areas for improvement)
1. Fills up fast - Upon intital cleaning cycles, we had to empty it after about 10 minutes. Further usage proved better as the dust/dog hair was a lot less than before. I suppose this is a good thing as it is picking up dirt that I missed with the regualr vaccum.
2. No warning that it is full. This is the one area that would be a huge improvement. I feel like I need to interrupt it all the time to check if it is full. It would be great if it had some way to gauge how full it is.
3.Read more ›
So now it's many months later, and I have to say, we are quite pleased with the improvements of this Roomba over the previous generations of Roombas. So first, for those who don't even have ANY Roomba yet (hard to believe!). Roombas are awesome. We have cats, and we work from home so we're home all day. It is AMAZING how much dirt and dust and junk collects in the carpet every single day. Who really has time to vacuum their carpets twice a day any more? With the Roomba, you set the scheduler to do it while you are asleep. You wake up in the morning, the carpets are clean, the air is fresh, and you empty out the dust bin. It is just wonderful.
Even those without pets might be amazed how much lint and such the Roomba will find every morning for you.
I have a noise meter and have done several tests with the noise meter. The Roomba is much quieter than other regular vacuums. It is NOT silent - it can't be! How could it vacuum up dirt and be silent? But it is quieter than the alternatives, and heck, you're sleeping anyway. I can easily sleep through a Roomba running.
Now, on to the improvements of this new Roomba over previous models.Read more ›
My review in late 2007 describing the red side brush "amputee" problem and poor customer support is still the highest rated critical response on Amazon. Because of that experience, the recounting of which is in the original review appended below after this update, I had not bought an iRobot product in over four years. Now I have bought two "new" 560s, which arrived today (more about "new" below). This update is primarily for (i) previous owners of a 560 that are contemplating buying a "new" 560 or (ii) those that have information on the original 560 and mistakenly believe that this is what they will get if they order a "new" 560.
If it were not for the problems discussed in this update, I would raise my rating to 3.5 stars. Once again, I think iRobot may be shooting itself in the foot. And what upsets me is that I really want to see this company succeed.
By way of disclosure I have owned several of every generation of Roomba. I presently own seven 560's (five old and two "new") and two Discoverys (400 series that still work). In the original review, I promised to update it (see the original review at end), so here goes :
1. After all the stone-walling back in 2007, iRobot finally fixed the problems of the side brushes by replacing them with a yellow three-armed brush rather than the previous six-armed brush that quickly became a no-armed brush. (If you have a red six-arm side brush -- probably no-arm by now, call iRobot for a free replacement).
2. Today Tech Support is MUCH BETTER. Before, some idiot CIO had apparently decided to move everything to an e-mail system, which was MISERABLE.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
the contraption has stopped working with Err3 15 months since I bought it; company says its a mother board issue.Published 11 days ago by musigmaepsilon
It's nice to turn this on as we leave for the day and not have to worry about cleaning our floors. We have mostly tile but some carpeting in the bedrooms. Read morePublished 12 days ago by JPegg
Save me and the wife from sweeping up. Love it and the abundance of replacement part to get years of service from itPublished 20 days ago by Gerald M
Great on my tile floors. Remember to clean after each use......rollers accumulate hairs and dust bunnies.Published 1 month ago by C L Roy
I purchased the Roombas years ago. I had two of them and used them until they wore out. This new one seems good, so I hope it will last like the previous ones did.Published 1 month ago by Janette
At first I was skeptical about getting one of these, as we had a Dyson to do the cleaning. But after about 5 months, both my wife and I are so glad we got this. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Airic
For the price, and all things considered, I am happy with the purchase. It is a fine item. If that changes, I will edit my review. So far, so good!Published 3 months ago by French Quarter
A nice expensive piece of trash. Highly recommend if you want to waste money. Breaks down replacement parts are to expensive.Published 4 months ago by Todd Gulley
Me and my family re completely satisfied with product's performance. It does its job as it should keeps our floor clean.Published 4 months ago by kenz07
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets