iRobot Roomba 510 Vacuuming Robot
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Vacuuming robot picks up dirt and debris with the touch of a button
- Easy-to-empty bagless dustbin; fine-filtration system traps allergens
- Anti-tangle technology; gentle-touch bumper system; built-in cliff sensors
- 1 Virtual Wall, extra filter, and more included
- Measures 16-3/4 by 21 by 5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
More expensive models have a timer for programmable operation (Roomba 560) and even a remote control (Roomba 580t).
All models are identical in terms of performance. The diminutive size and quiet operation would lead you to believe these are little toys akin to hand vacs... until you get back to a thoroughly cleaned room.
I set the 510 loose on the cats room, where the little devils send litter flying everywhere. The room has hardwood floors and an area rug. When I came back, the Roomba was sitting proudly in the middle of the room, and the rug was spotless. There was hardly a trace of litter or cat hair on the hardwood floors, either.
So, the Roomba is definitely a thumbs up. However, I wish I had paid more attention to the product line and at least picked the model that docks back to the home base. The 510 is potentially a tripping hazard, so it's well worth the extra fifty dollars to move up to the model 530.
- he is VERY easy to operate
- virtual wall works 100%
- he's very smart: knows when to slow down, when to stop (e.g. a step next to the lower area of the house), when to turn around the corner or a table leg. He knows when to circle around an exceptionally dusty area
- He DUSTS pretty well, picking about 85-90% of dust, small leaves and small particles, including metal nuts. I have two dogs, and Roomba sucks up the dog hair fairly good.
- he is exceptionally good on berber-type rugs
- he cleans one huge room on one charge.Sometimes two rooms
- although he seems to be moving in a random pattern, after 45 minutes he covers the whole room. Don't watch him. Leave him alone and just come back later, you will notice the difference
- emptying dust container is easy
- he never got stuck on any room and rug transition areas
- Roomba needs a room to roam: if you have tight spaces with bunch of furniture, planters, stuff on the floor- Roomba will be less efficient in cleaning your house, because his patterns are affected by the amount of bumping he will be doing.Read more ›
After the three month wait and reprogramming the unit it worked but only for a short period of time. I then recontacted IRobot for further repair or replacement. They do not repair their product and as far as replacement they offered me a discount. I refused, so they suggested cleaning the unit.
I went through the cleaning process and again the Roomba worked for a short period (just long enough for me to tell them my problem was resolved). The roomba began malfunctioning again. I tried to clean it on several other occasions and to date I cannot get it working.
IRobot refuses to either repair or replace the unit even though I have agreed to pay to ship it to them.
DO NOT BUY, unless you don't think you will need customer support from them, as they will never take responsibility for repair.
I have spent hours with customer service, via chat, e-mail and phone, to no avail and their final comments to me are as follows:
"we unfortunately will not be able to replace the unit free of charge"
Again not what I requested and not helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love my roomba. Cleans up like a charm. Easy to charge. Easy to clean. Cleans the entire apartment.Published 4 months ago by Rosalie Garlow
This needs cleaning MUCH more often than a normal vacuum cleaner. Cleaning it is a hassle. The biggest problem is that junk (string, hair) gets wound around the axles of the... Read morePublished 8 months ago by M. Gilkey
I can't do without this product, & this one is still working well. I've had to invest in quite a few because they have not been long-lasting, unfortunately.Published 18 months ago by Lorraine Maria Charlotte NC
Bought this a long time ago. The battery went bad and we stopped using it. Came to Amazon and bought a new battery and it is rockin and rolling. Saves us a ton of work. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Ajay D. Sindwani
I'm a single lazy guy and this roomba does a good job for me. I'm sure he's not perfect but he's descent.Published on October 28, 2013 by ATK
I really wanted a roomba and bought this model. I do like it a lot and use it all the time. It does have a few small mechanical errors but nothing you can't fix yourself. Read morePublished on August 20, 2013 by nikki kuch
This is my 5th or 6th Roomba. I guess if I had peered harder at the picture I would have realized that the 510 does not have a handle. Read morePublished on March 14, 2013 by J. Roderick
I'm hooked on roomba. This is my fourth machine and it is SUCH an improvement over the last generation. Read morePublished on December 19, 2012 by Janice H. Blodgett
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets