5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger For the Price
Published 19 months ago by Dwayne S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 12000mahs
Only charges my Iphone 4s about 3 times. And will put an ipad 3 from 10% to 70% before losing charge. It works about as well as my 5600mah charger. 3 stars for working everytime
Published 18 months ago by Sipo Thao

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger For the Price, December 11, 2012
This review is from: iRulu 12000mAh USB mobile Power Bank Traveling Portable External Battery Pack for ipad/iphone 4 4S iPod Samsung Galaxy, HTC.White (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a second battery charger to use for my iPad and iPod Touch and was going to buy a second iSound Portable Power Max with 16,000 mah which I do love and has worked great for over a year, but didn't want to spend $70 doing so and when I found this 12,000 mah for under $25 I thought I would take a chance and see if it held up to the iSound battery charger. When I first opened the package I noticed that there is no AC plug for it. You have to supply your own or you can charge it using the USB in your computer which would probably take a long time. It does come with a USB cable and a bunch of smaller adapters to use on different devices which I probably will never use since I have to use the proprietary Lightning USB cable for the new iPad and iPod Touch.

When I plugged it in to charge it, there was already a good charge on it, so I could have used it right out of the box, but to fully charge it it took a couple of hours. There is a nice blue flashing light to let you know how far along it is in the charging stage. When it is fully charged the lights will stop blinking and just stay on to let you know that it is fully charged.

When you want to use the battery charger, there is one button to turn it on and off and when you plug it into your device the lights will let you know how charged the unit is. Four lights indicates it is full and then they will drop from 3 to 2 to 1 which will let you know that it needs to be recharged again. There are two USB charging plugs that you can use to charge two different devices at the same time. I've tried them both and they both work well.

One thing I've noticed when comparing it to the iSound Portable Power Max is that it doesn't charge my device really quickly. It is a little slower in bringing a full charge which is not a big deal, just something I've noticed. It still does a great job and the unit itself is fairly small, lightweight and easy to carry around. It is not heavy at all when compared to the iSound Power Max which will give you a good workout if you carry it around a lot, lol.

All in all I'm happy with the purchase. The capacity should be able to charge an iPhone or iPod Touch about four times before needing to be recharged and the iPad can be charged maybe two times before needing a recharge.

To me it's a very affordable way to keep all my gadgets charged up without having to worry about plugging into a wall outlet. If you don't want to spend $60 or $70 on a more expensive charger, then I believe this one would work good for you as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 12000mahs, January 15, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Be warned: It is NOT 12k mAh, March 21, 2013
It comes in a simple plastic envelope, the cable and a set of plugs for differents devices. No instructions are included, but it is so easy to use that there's no need to waste paper on a manual). It's exactly as it is shown in the image. Is a little heavy, but still portable. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be 12000mAh, it can't be. With a complete charge, I was just able to charge my Sony Xperia (1750maH) twice, and my nexus 7 tablet (4325maH) from 45% to 75%, until it ran out of juice (that's why I give it just 3 stars)! I don't know too much about electronics, but I think mAhs just add as though they were apples or pencils, right? I mean, If this battery is 10maH and my phone is 2mah, should it be possible to recharge my phone about 4, 5 times? If I'm wrong, my bad). But anyway, I think it's still of good help during a long plane trip, you would be able to recharge a 7in tablet about 2 or 2,5 times, or 3+ times a smartphone. It charges slowly (aprox 8 hours, plugged on a laptop; I haven't tried using an AC wall adapter yet, not included in case you ask...). It is also slow while charging devices, but this wouldn't be a problem for me... In summary, it apparently is not 12000 mAh, but serves it purpose, is simple to use, and cheap (the cheapest in its category, I would say). Let's see how it goes...

(Update, April 9th, 2013) Appears to be just over 5000mAh. It charged my tablet from 0 to 100%, and gave half a charge to my smartphone. This counts for aprox 4325 + 800 => aprox 5200 maH. Disappointing. Luckily, it was cheap. I'll keep the 3 stars because all in all 5000 mAh it is still fairly useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelivable value, September 21, 2013
got this and tried it out immediately. I bought it to recharge by nextbook tablet.
My tablet has a 6000 mAh battery, this item will recharge my tablet twice
before requiring a recharge of itself.I have compared this with items of similar
size that cost four times what this costs.
I highly recommend this item

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, but weak, June 14, 2013
Elsie (Bellevue, WA) - See all my reviews
Purchased from ACCdepot. There were a few identical looking devices available when I purchased which are probably all the same. Also got the 5000mAh version for my daughter. The device would only charge my new iPad4 purchased in Jan to 53%, and my daughter iphone 4S (>1year old) only got 1 1/2 charges off the small device. Curious, I emailed ACCdepot and they were very nice to replace the unit so I paid to send back after trying both units 4 times. New device is barely improved and will charge my iPad to 56% from 0. Similar result with small unit. Unfortunately, the cable in the new unit arrived broken, so I can't use the multiple adapters. ACCdepot will no longer reply to my emails for new cable.
In the end it's OK as it was not expensive, but suggest you expect about 50% of the stated rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, February 1, 2013
Bought this to use with my two tablets for 16 hr plane rides. Works with ipads but not the Nook HD+, a pity as I bought the Nook essentially for movies stored in microSDs. Slow charging via USB, the only route provided, but retains charge for at least a month. Extended the ipad to the full plane ride. I plugged the battery in after using half of ipad's juice. On another occasion I got to use only the Nook as the seat has a power outlet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, January 25, 2013
Great additional power to power hungry devices. I have charged a tablet and cell phone for hours on end and its barely used 1/4 of its reserve!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, January 10, 2013
I bought this for my wife as it seems she's always looking for a charger for her iPhone5/iPad4. It's nothing fancy, it's just a big honkin' battery you can use on the go to recharge your device. She tosses it in her purse (it's smooth with round ends and no protrusions to snag on stuff) and can pull it out for a quick charge anywhere/anytime. It's ~8x the capacity of the iPhone5 battery (1400mAh), so in theory you should be able to recharge your iPhone from dead to full 8 times without having to recharge this thing. At a half to a third the price of what is being charged online for many other 12000mAh external battery packs, you can pick up two or three of these and hardly go wrong.

The included set of cables are a decent assortment, heck they can't include everything. There's no Lightning connector for your newer model Apple product, but the older 30-pin Apple connector and mini/micro USB are there. It would have been nice if there was a adapter to be able to use this on my son's Nintendo 3DS but no such luck.

You can use the supplied USB-A cable with the included mini-USB adapter to charge this thing from anything with a USB port. It won't charge fast unless you've got a higher amperage source like a Kindle Powerfast or a iPad charger (or any of the myriad chargers with a USB-A port output of greater than 1.5A). It took a full overnight connection to recharge it completely from my laptop USB port, same goes for an older BlackBerry mini-USB charger I had laying around. But pretty much if your portable device comes with a "wall wart" charger into which you plug a USB cable, you can plug this thing into your charger and then plug your own USB cable into this for charging your device. Couldn't be much simpler than that since the smartphone/tablet industry has pretty much gone that route across the board.

While I wish the little sheet of instructions they provide wasn't in such awful translated English, this thing is so dead simple to figure out it'd be perfectly fine with no instructions at all. There's 1 button. Turn on, turn off.

Note: You will see this exact same device from multiple vendors with different names on it and in both white and black. I bought this white one and a black one of another name, they are identical other than the "Model" on the sticker on the back.

I would have rated this thing 5 stars if the charge input connection was micro-USB, as that has been the "other than Apple" standard for several years now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - Portable USB power- Lots of TIPS !, December 17, 2012
This items works great, comes with plenty of tips. Its a little on the heavy side , but its mostly likely due to the extra mAh ( extra batteries) .

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect external battery!, May 2, 2014
I had to order a second one of these. I use a corded v2 e-cig designed to plug into a netbook (laptop/pc) via a usb plug-in (there is a long cord). These are designed to pull from the device as you use your e-cig. When I'm traveling or moving around, I didn't want to be lugging my laptop. Most external batteries have to be turned on to use, which means that even if you are NOT pulling a charge from them, they are still draining the charge while they are 'on'. Other batteries 'talk' when you are pulling a charge. I was having to remember to turn these off when I wasn't using them. THIS one doesn't turn on OR off. After it's charged you just plug in your device (there's a little flashlight that lets you know it's charged) and the ONLY time there is a drain really is when you are actually using it. [...]

Rate and Discover Movies