5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item.
If you have a Mac Pro tower, you need this. It works like a charm and looks good too. I put them on all of my Mac Pros.
Published 5 months ago by Charles R Jackson

3.0 out of 5 stars Loss of stickiness
The adhesive for the backing is not sticking. Others I have talked with are not having this problem but i would still recommend
Published 11 months ago by Jeffrey Czajkowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item., May 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, April 26, 2014
This review is from: iSchmutz Mac Pro Air Filter (Personal Computers)
We all work in differing environments.

Anyone who has worked on tower computers ( actually anything with forced ventilation ) knows about the accumulation of dust, dander and other particulates, generailzed by the technical term "schmutz".

We all have experience this over many years with various pieces of equipment and computers. Part of a Preventative Maintenance " tune up" is to carefully remove this build up on the all important power supply and processor heatsinking within the equipment before a thermally related issue may develop.

The frequency of this PM is determined by the use and the environment you are in. This of course can be anywhere from a professinal workplace setting to the extreme of a pet inhabited home office. This activity is never fun and sometimes not even feasible by the non technical user. ( $$ )

When I purchased my Mac Pro ( pre 2013 ) workstation, I wanted to minimize this type of PM so I was actually comtemplating crafting such a filter for the Mac Pro ( as I've done for other PCs and equipment ).

In looking into filter media options for crafting a filter, I discovered the iSchumtz.
It was a no brainer, in that after quickly figuring time and materials, the iSchmutz is a good deal. ( what is your time worth to you? )

It comes rolled up in a tube, easy to install with the simple instructions. The filter goes on the front side of the Mac Pro, in which the entire perforated front panel acts as an air intake. The filter is die cut to fit quite exactly and is held in place with a pre applied acrylic sticky tape. The filter is a charcoal color and while not likely to win any cosmetic awards, the intent is to show the build up of schmutz. Being the fiilter seems to be fixed quite well, a light vacuuming with a soft brush attachment when needed, should be all that is needed.

Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Functional and looks really nice too!, November 21, 2013
B. Booker (Reseda, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iSchmutz Mac Pro Air Filter (Personal Computers)
The Filter fits perfectly and so far I haven't noticed any temperature change in my tower by adding this filter. Very happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, premium price for the precision cutting, November 20, 2013
This review is from: iSchmutz Mac Pro Air Filter (Personal Computers)
Keeps dust of of my Mac Pro without looking terribly ugly, and while still letting air through. Sure I could make one with foam from a hardware store and double sided tape, put this one is precision cut to fit all holes exactly, and because of this looks nice. Unless you are really confident in your cutting skills I would opt for the ISchmutz filter. I have seen DIY versions and I haven't seen one done very well, although I'm sure they are out there, thus is just more convenient.

I'm in architecture school, and three fellow students purchased one after I did to keep dust out.

Bottom line: Works great, premium price for the precision cutting. But it effectively gets the job done. Suggesting it is awkward due to the stupid name, though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loss of stickiness, November 19, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have bought it years ago, August 1, 2013
Thomas D. Ammon (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iSchmutz Mac Pro Air Filter (Personal Computers)
When I bought this, I took my mac pro outside and canned-aired out about 2-3 pounds of dust bunnies; after installation, barely any dust has made its way inside. Won't make you sandwiches, but will keep your airflow going.

iSchmutz Mac Pro Air Filter