Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 4, 2012
I was excited for this toy. My daughter (4) LOVES the drawing apps on my iPod touch. I decided to get her this for her birthday. Without my iPad.. it's just a cool-looking magna-doodle. Not really great for nearly $40. WITH the iPad it is not a lot better. FIrst, you can download the app and use the drawing feature for free without the iCanvas. If you have the iCanvas you can use the stylus pen or add one of the six shapes that you see in the pictures (the shapes around the outside of the iCanvas board). You can use your fingers to adjust the size of the shape just like any iPad/iPhone/iPod drawing app. There are also two games you can use within the iCanvas App, a Memory-matching & a game where you toss a ball to a dog (it makes no sense). The two games will not work without the iPad plugged in.

I don't think this is at all worth it. My daughter stopped using the pen and used her finger to draw or color within the app. She continued to use it even after I popped the iPad out. My iPad has a few versions of memory that she prefers those over the one that came within the iCanvas app. Neither of us figured out the dog-ball-toss game.

*Other notes: When you try to go to the "photo roll" within the app, it crashes. This has happened EVERY time. It WILL save pictures to the iPad Photos app but you cannot access them from the iCanvas app like it says is possible ( you are suppose to be able to draw on existing pics). Maybe that will be addressed with an app update later on. If this were $20, I would have kept it.. but for close to $40... just not worth it. I am returning this. I think I will look for a kid-friendly stylus instead. Hope this helps...
on January 12, 2013
When you think of the "Little Tikes" name as a brand, most initially think "Quality," right? Well that's what I thought until I purchased the Itikes Canvas for our children as a means of protecting my Ipad while in their use, but also using it for the neat app that it was designed to compliment. It is a bit awkward to remove and put the Ipad in place, but the benefits are worth it when it functions properly. Oh and the Ipad has to go in upside down for it to work. After a while the side buttons don't work with the ipad and you have to pull the Ipad out and restart it. Pain! My main problem is with both the stylus pens that came with it. Our children have literally played with it about a dozen times and both the stylus pen rubber tips have ripped. The second one ripped in my presence while my son was coloring. He was a bit forceful in his coloring but no more than an average crayon as that is what he is normally used to when coloring. If it can't hold up to that, then, what's the point? I contacted Little Tikes to see what they will do. If they don't replace the stylus pens, then It's going back. I must say that I love the idea and when it works, it's a lot of fun and helps protect the IPad as I wanted. Work on improving the stylus pens and the communication bugs between the unit and the Ipad or the app and the unit (whichever it is) and it will be a great product.

***UPDATE*** Little Tikes responded back to my email very promptly. They will be sending me replacements for the stylus pens. I will be sure to instruct our children not to be too vigorous with the pens and see how long they last. Little Tikes did say that there is a one year guarantee policy providing I have a dated recipt of purchase.
on December 26, 2013
I bought this for my 3 year old who is very proficient with the ipad. This thing not only lets the ipad wiggle around inside the casing, but doesn't have a safety cover for the screen. The app that comes with it is mediocre at best and it weighs a ton. If you want a great creative child-friendly accessory for your ipad, get the Crayola Creative Studio and get a survivor case for your ipad. It's a bit more expensive to do it this way, but A. you're getting a WAY better product/app with TONS of activities and tools and B. You're protecting your investment with a heavy duty case that doesn't weigh a ton.
All in all....
Waste of money. I'm returning ours today.
on December 24, 2012
The iCanvas is awesome when the IPad is attached. I played with it for about 30 minutes and I can't wait for the kids to open it tomorrow. Without the iPad, functionality is reduced to that of a cheap Doodle Pad. I paid a lot less than twenty dollars but I think the current price is fair. If you don't have an IPad, you are wasting your money. If you have an iPad and young kids, they will love this advanced digital Doodle Pad!!
on March 19, 2015
Little Tikes has released this year’s newest toys perfect for kids of all ages. iTikes™ Canvas is a shining star of the new iTikes by Little Tikes lineup. iTikes™ Canvas is perfect for the little creative artist on your shopping list. This fun toy can be played with in two different ways. On its own as a classic magnetic doodler, add an iPad, download the free App and the creative fun skyrockets to unbelievable limits with interactive games, magic coloring pages, expanding tools and blank pages for your little artist to create their very own artwork masterpiece!

Using the camera on your iPad you can even upload photos and have fun doodling and creating silly photos or artistic pop art!

The kids LOVED playing with the iTikes™ Canvas both ways. Of course once we popped the iPad in they found the idea of taking it out a total bummer and there was some upset kids wanting the expandable play!
The six different shapes on the side, stamps the shape onto any picture and using the app your stamp options are expanded. Using the stamps you could even turn fun arts and crafts into a cute little shapes and colors lesson while playing!

Kids love technology and this is an excellent way for kids to play and be creative while using an iPad in a safe environment free from pop-ups and other advertising one would potentially be exposed to with similar products online or using a computer.
iTikes™ Canvas is fun and safe for all. Perfect for playtime, arts and crafts, quiet time, car rides, doctor offices and the list could go on forever, three words, KIDS LOVE IT!
iTikes™ Canvas (SRV) $39.99
Little Tikes iTikes Doodle Board, White:

2-in-1 play
Compatible with Apple iPad
Includes Apple iPad app
App includes game to help improve drawing skills
Fun sound effects and music
SFX sound selector
Teaches drawing skills
Dimensions: 2.30″L x 15.30″W x 12.20″H
Requires 3 AA batteries (not included)
on January 20, 2014
I got this for my 3yr old and he loves are Ipad but I wanted to get him something that he can use that was kid friendly he could use with the Ipad. This is a great toy and pretty cool cause its like a new age etch a sketch and it does some many things with the Ipad. I would recommend this to anyone that has young kids and for a family that has a Ipad and wants to have something fun to go with there Ipad.
on December 31, 2012
I gave this three stars because my daughter (4) likes it and it seems somewhat durable. Otherwise, I would consider it a waste of money.

- As a drawing pad, it only writes - there's no special functionality at all. Even the wheel at the bottom doesn't erase, there's a tiny green slider for that.

- With an ipad it uses a different stylus and all the buttons. You do have to control the volume before inserting your ipad.

- At times the buttons have been quirky, ie - press the triangle and it inserts a square. My husband is in the tech field and hasn't been able to solve the problem, it just seems to be a glitch.

In summary, we have the Draw and Play app and feel that it is just as good, if not better with a lot of similar functionality for less money.
on December 25, 2012
I have read the endless mixed reviews about the iTikes line of products and i must say, I was skeptical but the canvas did not disappoint.

The duality of the canvas (as a standalone canvas/ipad app) is great. The app is admittedly a bit slow to respond (using iPad 2) but nothing to call Apple or the developers about. There are a number of in-app functions to keep kids busy, drawing sheets to color, blank canvases to create on, and a few non-art games to be played. It provides some mobility for the iPad as well as security (although i would have an ipad screen protector do to use). The stylus is NOT very durable. It needed to be replaced within a day but even without it, kids can paint/draw with hands and fingers or use the other applications. The canvas itself is very self-explanatory. Its an etch-a-sketch type drawing pad that for kids to make quick drawings on with a neat wipe erase feature. Nothing groundbreaking or revolutionary but enjoyable for a 3 year old.

The highlight of the product if the iPad integration. The speed of the app can be improved but once in-app the response time is great and the interface is easy enough for my 3 year old to navigate on his own. It offers some sharing features for quick posting to social sites or a quick email of your kids latest masterpiece.

I am very, very glad to have purchased this product. It is quite enjoyable and well worth the money spent. I hope that the developers continue to update the app and integrate new features to keep kids interested.
on March 30, 2013
We got this as a durable case for a road trip. I didn't upload the app until recently. The children really like the app and the way the buttons work with the app.
Pros:
Fun for kids
Case durable
Makes iPad a bit more inconspicuous
Cons:
Once in case side buttons aren't functional.
Assistive touch dot has to be enable to adjust volume and other controls
No headphone port
Stylus not constructed for heavy handed use.
The eraser wheel is touchy and doesn't feel sturdy.
Overall we got this case for 20 it retails for 40. I don't think I would have purchased it for anymore than 20. The children do like the canvas app. The case works nicely to hang off of car headrest with baby ring links so they can watch movies in the car.
on January 24, 2013
My kids loves this product, but not with the ipad per se. He just likes to draw on the magnetic board using the pen. I got it for $12 so, I'm OK with it. But I would definitely not buy this for $25+ bucks. You'd be better of buying him a drawing board or a slate. Fisher price sells one for $14.