5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality item - makes a good gift!
Published on February 25, 2010 by Maria K. Hair

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer one star....would give it 4 stars
April 2008....I have since received a replacement set of these and I really like them. The first set was a disaster (manufacture said a bad batch got shipped to Amazon). I have had these 6 months and had no trouble. I would reccommend.
Published on September 18, 2007 by Grandma in Oregon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality item - makes a good gift!, February 25, 2010
Maria K. Hair (San Diego, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iTouchless Automatic Stainless Steel Pepper Mill and Salt Grinder (Kitchen)
I bought these for my parents despite the number of bad reviews - most of which were years old. Bought in June 2009, my parents love them and have not had any problems with them. The battery life has been good and the light (when the mill is grinding) is a great feature! I suspect that the older grinders may have had a design flaw or technical problem. But I can assure you, that the new design/batch, are in perfect working condition. I anticipate to purchase a set for myself soon and may give out as a gift next Christmas.

1.0 out of 5 stars No longer one star....would give it 4 stars, September 18, 2007
................Sept 2007..................Within the first week a plastic piece broke and the first unit wouldn't work. Because it's time consuming to send back, I decided to use the second one instead of sending back. 5 weeks after receipt the second mill is broken. Every time you push the button to grind the bottom of the unit pops off. Amazon Customer Service referred me to the owners manual...which doesn't exist and told me to contact manufacturer. Contacting Itouchless web site resulted in them willing to send a replacement set if I pay $9.95 for shipping. Why would I replace a product that is either engineered or manufactured to fail?
It took time and persistance, but Amazon Customer service came through and they agreed to accept the defective products and issue a refund when they receive them. itouchless admitted to a manufacturing error is willing to replace at no charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the bad reviews! After 18 months, these are still Great Grinders!, August 11, 2010
If you take the time to read the bad reviews, please take a look at the date the review was published. The manufacturer obviously had some problems initially, but notice most of the reviews posted in the past couple of years are positive, so the problems must have been fixed. Folks still reporting problems, may not have properly adjusted the grind setting.

I purchased my set in February, 2009, and they have been used every day since. I was concerned that they would eat batteries, but this is not the case. I think we are only on our third set of batteries. Not bad for 18 months of daily use in the kitchen and on the dinner table. I have since purchased two additional sets as gifts for friends and they love them too.

If I had to find something negative to say, it would have the be the amount of sea salt and pepper they hold. Daily use requires that I refill them frequently, but this is very easy to do. Beside, if they held more, they might be too heavy to be practical.

Buy a set, you won't regret it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, September 22, 2007
Samuel McIntyre (Gales Ferry, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I'm 69 years old and have bought a lot of junk in my life, but these salt & pepper grinders are garbage. Here's my complaints:

1) The bottom of both grinders fell off dumping salt crystals or peppercorns into the salad.

2) The rod connecting the grinding mechanism and the battery drive is turned by a plastic bushing that wore out in less than a month, leaving the grinders with no grinding capabilty.

Anyone that purchases these grinders would be making a mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 12, 2011
I have owned these for over 2 yrs now and never a problem! I have arthritis and these are wonderful. I would not hesitate to purchase again if mine ever breaks!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Internet Purchase, EVER!!!!, November 14, 2007
I have been doing the majority of my shopping online for almost 10 years and I have never received a more worthless item! Seriously. The light mechanism broke on one of them before the batteries were even in place. The grinding mechanism still worked so I loaded them up with sea salt and peppercorns and tested them out. Perfect!!! Everyone who saw them in the first 2 weeks wanted them. Then, the pepper grinder stopped grinding. The motor worked but could not grind the peppercorns. Oh well, at least I still had the salt grinder, and the light was pretty cool.....for about another week. Since then, they have both stopped working. In fact, I haven't seen them in a while. I think my room mate must have gotten totally frustrated when they fell apart one too many times and threw them out. My only regret is that he probably left the batteries in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pepper & Salt Mills, October 14, 2011
This product is wonderful. I had periously bought a grinder that was a manual grinder. I was disappointed when It arrived broken. I decided to buy these because they were made of stainless steel and I'm SOOO glad I did. They are made of very good materials. A nice set to leave out on the counter at all times.Although in the description it say that they take (2)AA batteries each, that's not true. They take (4) batteries EACH. I had already gone to the store and purchased rechargable batteries for them before they arrived and I was disappointed because now I've got to go back to buy (4)batteries more. But the product is worth the extra effort. Their simple and easy to use. If you're thinking about buying these, DO IT! they're great! Just make sure you've got (8)AA batteries for the set. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars A cheap knockoff, August 5, 2007
I already have a Kuchenprofi electric pepper mill; they tend to run in the $50 - $60 range. I wanted a salt grinder or two for different kinds of sea salt, so I jumped at the chance to buy 2 mills that looked identical to my Kuchenprofi but for such a low price.

I should have known better -- you get what you pay for. I loaded up one of the mills with sea salt whose grains are right about the same size as peppercorns, and it will not feed and grind it. At all. I push and hold the button, the motor turns, but virtually nothing gets ground. It would take me perhaps 5 non-stop minutes of grinding to produce 1/4 teaspoon of ground salt. I tried adjusting the coarseness adjustment knob all over the place, with exactly zero results.

In short, I haven't tried these cheap things with peppercorns yet, but for salt they are utterly useless. I'm going to buy another Kuchenprofi for salt.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good design, November 6, 2007
opensesame (Mclean, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought mine from sharper image. It does grind and light glows at the bottom of the mill and all. How fancy. But the designers forgot one important factor. I just want ground pepper on my eggs and NOT THE PEPPER MILL.

So the top with which you hold the device pops regularly and comes down when you use it.The only way to use it as if you are opening a primed explosive case. Never shake and dont move while operating. Do it in slow motion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!!, December 17, 2007
Life Is Sweet (Monarch Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be a great product. It looks perfect. It has a light so you can see the pepper/salt coming out of the bottom.

Unfortunately this is very cheaply made. The gears inside are plastic. I've had this product less then a month and a week ago the pepper gears wore down and no longer grind the pepper. Now today the gears in the salt grinder don't work.

To return this item, and have to pay for the shipping, isn't worth it to me. If you buy this product, be prepared to return it, or lose your money. Quite a shame, could've been a great product if they would have used metal gears instead of cheap plastic.

iTouchless Automatic Stainless Steel Pepper Mill and Salt Grinder
$55.26
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.