iTunes or UltraViolet Digital Copy? What is it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 91 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2012 6:35:36 PM PDT
Amazon Mom says:
Do you guys know?

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 10:43:52 AM PDT
Sue says:
iTunes

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 10:36:26 AM PDT
Addict says:
how do you know?

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 2:53:49 PM PDT
Amazon replied to my question about the type of digital copy. "Since the digital copy is an Ultraviolet digital copy, you can visit Flixster's UltraViolet Support Center for answers to common questions." This would imply that it is NOT iTunes compatible, but the streaming Ultraviolet version.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 3:59:55 PM PDT
Addict says:
I am not a fan of the Ultraviolet/Flixster service at all. It is not intuitive and does not place my digital copy where I would use it most which is in iTunes. I know there is an app for it, but that requires streaming. The whole point of having a digital copy is so I can have a copy on my computer or mobile device and take it anywhere like on a flight...where I would not be able to stream. Technically this isn't a "digital copy" at all. It is just access to servers at some company that may or may not survive. It's false advertising. I will not be purchasing any Ultraviolet "digital copies".

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:47:34 PM PDT
R-D says:
Don't worry the movie includes iTunes digital copy and Ultra-violet copy in the 2 special editions Blu-Ray and DVD

This was in response to the first one-star review concerning UltraViolet. This movie appears to have a code that is both iTunes Digital Copy and UltraViolet.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 7:09:48 AM PDT
Amazon says: "I have researched the information and confirm it is an Ultra-Violet digital copy for BD and DVD "Hunger Games.""

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 10:37:49 PM PDT
R-D says:
Just UltraViolet? Not UltraViolet & iTunes? If it's just UltraViolet only, then I'll be buying it from Canada. That is unless LionsGate makes this optional UltraViolet by offering iTunes Digital Copy codes and/or Digital Copy discs with iTunes Digital Copy/Windows Media Player Digital Copy codes

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2012 2:34:33 PM PDT
S. Nickeson says:
According to Flixster's Ultraviolet Support Center, you CAN download and watch your movie offline on a Mac or PC or on an iOS or Android device. This would allow you to watch your movie on a flight or anywhere else. Wouldn't it?
Source: http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15266&task=knowledge&questionID=816

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 10:04:13 AM PDT
I refuse to buy ANY release with Ultraviolet. iTunes here I go.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:35:44 AM PDT
It better be iTunes enabled because Ultraviolet is a really ridiculous, cumbersome system.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2012 9:55:45 AM PDT
According to the Wally mart page for the same product. The digital copy is comes in disc, which allows you to import it to I Tunes or Windows Media format.

"The following content was provided by the publisher.
2-Disc Blu-Ray + Digital Copy DVD"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2012 1:53:38 PM PDT
This is the reply I received from Amazon:

"I've checked our website for the "The Hunger Games" and verified that this is a version of "Blu-ray + Digital Copy."

Thanks for letting us know about the error in the detail page for "The Hunger Games (2-Disc Blu-ray + Ultra-Violet Digital Copy)." We use many sources to build our website information, and we really appreciate knowing about any errors which find their way into our catalog. I'll notify our catalog team about this and will ask them to correct the error. "

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 2:15:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2012 2:17:48 PM PDT
It includes digital copies for both iTunes and UV.

http://i45.tinypic.com/6enltg.png

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:48:08 PM PDT
R-D says:
Ok. Thanks, Elmo. Now that I know that LionsGate is using the Fair Use Digital Copy System (iTunes+UltraViolet), I will be buying one of the combo packs when it comes on sale. Most likely though, it will be the Blu-Ray+iTunes Digital Copy+UltraViolet that I will be buying, then I just buy the standalone Dvd. I don't need the 3-disc Blu-Ray+Bonus Blu-Ray+Exclusive Bonus Blu-Ray+iTunes Digital Copy+UltraViolet 1st Edition combo pack from Target. That one is probably going to be $45 because it's three Blu-Rays.

Thank you for posting that picture. It's really helped me decide.

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 7:57:22 AM PDT
The Target exclusive version is currently $26.99 on their website so I doubt it will be more than that when it's released. The packaging alone justifies paying the extra $4.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012 2:52:51 AM PDT
chaosking121 says:
Anyone knows if the iTunes codes given with any of these are for their HD versions? Or are they just for the SD versions? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 7:08:26 AM PDT
P. Bosler says:
All iTunes Digital Copies are for the SD version.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012 10:01:11 PM PDT
D. G. Molina says:
says it "WORKS with iTunes" does not say anywhere you get a iTunes code.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 7:40:21 AM PDT
Well, this certainly makes things more clearer. Thanks for the info!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 10:33:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 7, 2012 10:34:31 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 3:02:07 PM PDT
I'mc onfused too. The packaging implies the standard digital copy, but the amazon product name says ultraviolet. i will NOT buy this if it's UV. anyone know for sure?

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 7:57:04 PM PDT
I didn't realize so many people had such strong opinions about the digital copies; I rarely use them myself, pretty much just on airline flights. In any case, this pre-order comes with the Amazon Instant Video version as well, which you can watch on your iPad (iPhone app will probably follow) and, I think, Apple TV. For all you iTunes-centric folk, doesn't that kind of cover it? Or is it just a rental it comes with?

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 8:07:53 PM PDT
completely different. Amazon is streaming, itunes is in the cloud and works with apple TV so no attached player needed, and if you transfer it directly from the computer with itunes to ipad or iphone then you can watch it on the plane or anywhere else where no network is available. amazon requires wifi to stream the video.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 7:58:18 AM PDT
A. Carrillo says:
Why not just rip the video yourself and skip all this nonsense for needing codes then you don't have to worry about itunes/ultraviolet or anything else.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  50
Total posts:  91
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
The Hunger Games (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) by Jennifer Lawrence (Blu-ray - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars (12,107)