Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

What a cool idea to put a camera in a pair of glasses. When I was asked to review these, I just could not say no. They are very James Bondish...

Right off the bat, I was very happy with how comfortable and lightweight these glasses are. I think it is great that they included two shades of polarized lenses, one with a dark tint and the other a yellow tint. Even the style is pretty cool, and I would rather wear these than carry around some bulky equipment or camera gear.

These glasses are designed with a wide angle lens which captures a wider field of vision...very smart and effective.

We have used these for lots of things already. I really appreciate these for mountain biking, and they work really good, not just for scenery, but for safety. I especially want to have them on when we are getting off the trails, in case of an emergency, or some idiot car tries to run me off the road again. I will never miss another license plate number! These can really see the plate in great detail.

The Important Specs:
720P Wide Angle Lens (30FPS, 16:9 Ratio)
16 GB Memory
Record Video with Audio
Li-ion Battery (2hr Battery Life)
Lightweight (Weighs Less Than 2 AA Batteries)
Easy One-Touch Operation - Push Button to Start/Stop Recording
Fully Compatible With MAC & Windows
TV Output
Weather & Sweat Proof

Some of the other specs include:
- Time/Date Stamp
- Noise Reduction
- Video Format: AVI
- Video Stabilization
- 15 Minutes Video per 1GB

What's in the box?
- 1 - iVUE 720P Camera Glasses (Black)
- 2 - Yellow Lenses
- 1 - USB Charging/Data & TV Output Cable
- 1 - Hard Case
- 1 - Soft Pouch
- 1 - Glasses Strap
- 1 - Lens Cleaner Cloth
- 1 - Instruction Book
- 1 - Warranty Card
0Comment25 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2014
This is the first product I have purchased that has actually worked as advertised. I can't say enough about the quality and craftsmanship of the glasses. The video is very good and functions quite well.
on July 16, 2014
Camera has pretty good video. Sometimes camera makes different files when recording, 1.0 Mb TO 1.4 MB in size. I haven't used this enough to see if it does it all the time, or just the few times I have used it. It works in fairly low light. It records the view an average person would see looking forward. USB 2.0 interface only transferred at 7MB/sec and below. I did have it on the USB 2.0 Port. I am pleased with this purchase. The glasses are comfortable and the button is easy to use.
on March 12, 2014
High quality visual results. Arguably the easiet piece of like equipment to operate and from which to recover the recorded results, ever used at this office. Frames are delicate, inasmuch as they are 'fixed' at a maximum 'open' capacity (quite narrow) and are prone to cracking if treated other than with the utmost respect and care in placement and removal. However, the tightness has an advantage in that one can place the glasses, level and on the forehead, when in an environment where dark lenses would otherwise not be appropriate. Interchanging of lenses proved to be not easily accomplished, which is why we have purchased two units to accommodate all conditions. Overall excellent working tool for the fraud surveillance investigator.
on September 17, 2014
There were cheaper models out there, but having done some research, I decided to give this model a try because of its good ratings. (I also noted how the company backed up its glasses with good service and a warranty.) And they were right. The video is not perfect, but it gets the job done. The sound isn't bad if the person you're speaking with is within a few feet. I have used this already as a safety precaution and like the security it gives me. The only shortcoming is that there is no clear indicator when the video is actually on. When you press the button on the side, you hope it's on, but there's no way to check unless you take the glasses off to look for a dim flashing green light. But there are times I don't want to check and make it appear there's something suspicious with the glasses. Not knowing if they're on drives me crazy. Maybe in the next model, could the blinking light be seen while wearing the glasses? If so, that would be awesome.Overall, though, this works great for me.
on October 7, 2014
I am pleased with my purchase so far. Everything works fine. Mine was shipped without the yellow lenses, but the company promptly corrected the mistake and sent me the lenses. Good customer service and very responsive. I have shot several videos from my tree stand and the picture quality is good. The sound is very low, but not a big deal for my needs.
on May 18, 2014
Very surprised with the quality. Sound could be better but overall very satisfied with these glasses and camera. No one knew I was wearing a camera. Will be at Disney World in two weeks and will give them a good workout then. I recommend these glasses / action cam!
on March 21, 2014
I received the glasses and tested taking videos for a couple of minutes (just walking around). Plugged into a PC and nothing but a charge indication happened. Tried a few more times, looking for USB devices, and after a several tries they came up as removable storage. Thought maybe a driver had been installed and everything would be OK. Nope. They only showed up on either computer (I tried two PC - XP and Win 8) once more after many many tries and now had failed to even charge (no light). I called tech support and explained it all and he said the battery connection might be broken. They said the repair department could look at them if I sent them in I would've thought a replacement was warranted since this was purchased as a NEW item but was non-functioning on arrival right out-of-the-box. So I said "I guess I don't really have a choice" and the tech said if I wanted that I could just keep them as a nice pair of sunglasses that the video does not work on and not return them(!) Really?!?!?!? I said forget it and I will just return them for a refund.

Otherwise, the sunglasses looked and felt OK, but did not fit under my ski helmet. They might've fit using by bike helmet over the straps like my Oakley Thumps (mp3 glasses), but not sure about my somewhat tighter motorcycle helmet. They are pretty wide. The camera is fairly obvious once you get close up and could look dorky. The lens is fisheye so you are stuck with that aspect. Maybe great for sports, but may not combine will with regular aspect video from other cameras during editing. Sort of for action video only. Not necessarily bad but something to consider. I was going to use these to take video of my son and the fisheye effect might have made regular activity look funny. The cable is non-standard and thick since it has the video out included along with the data and power in a single cord/connector. I didn't like the idea of having to carry this unique cable everywhere (e.g. on vacation) just to be able to charge the device.

Overall, I liked the idea of these glasses and might be willing to try them again sometime, but have since bought a cheaper pair (sold by HSN!) that work flawlessly, are narrower and fit under my ski helmet, and take impressive widescreen video while using a standard micro USB cable for charging and transfer. Battery life may or may not be as good (so far acceptable) but they are also lighter as well. They don't have the open frame design, however, so the iVues might be better of sports where fogging is an issue. So far it has not been a problem but haven't tried MTB riding yet with them.

iVues may turn out to be a nice product for you but take your chances...
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2015
These glasses are a ripoff-- DO NOT BUY. The return policy is one month and they broke within two months, so I could not return them. First the cover for the compartment for the mini SD card fell off. Then the camera stopped recording-- it does not work at all now. I should also state that I was extremely careful with these glasses and I only used them during walks. So there is no reason why they broke down in such a brief period of time.
on June 29, 2015
Pros:
1. The glasses are nice to wear as everyday sunglasses. Although a tad wide and a little bulky, they look nice.
2. People do not notice the camera lens 90% of the time so it do a nice job concealing its functionality.
3. Simple setup and simple functionality. It is also very simple to extract the video to a computer by either a cable or taking out the micro sd card

Cons:
1. My biggest dislike was the wide angle lens. This was annoying to see during playback of video material.
2. The camera did not function well in moderate to low light settings
3. The Micro SD card was hard to put in and take out if you have no nails or large fingers because it is recessed within the frame.
4. There is an annoying large green light that continually flashes inside the frame when recording. This can be noticed by others.

Conclusion:
These glasses would work well for anyone who is buying them simply for functionality but not for quality. For example, if you wanted to use them as your regular pair of sunglasses and were involved in a car accident during the middle of the day, you could film these types of scenarios for legal purposes. This is not a camera to video beautiful scenery because of the wide angle lens. Rather, it is a video camera to gather information or data but only in well lit situations.