(99MO040907) Moshi iVisor Pro Anti-Glare Screen Protector for MacBook Pro 13 Retina
Size Name: MacBook Pro 13 RetinaChange
Price:$36.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 19, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Pro 15 Retina
This is really nice. Extremely thin, easy to apply and reapply, and absolutely no bubbles at all. After owning a couple of these (I got one for an ipad as well) I would NEVER get a screen protector of the usual design--that has adhesive all across the screen--that kind of protector inherently forms bubbles. No way around it. The iVisor only has adhesive around the edges, where there's no image anyway.

The iVisor has a matte finish. This is great if you are tired of the trend towards all glossy screens. I saw some reviews where people are complaining about visual graininess, especially with Retina or other high resolution screens. Now let's be honest. There is a bit of graininess. But it does not affect the sharpness of text or whatever. The problem is you are running up against the limits of physics. If you make the matte surface smoother, to get rid of graininess, you're entering the scale where diffraction rears its ugly multicolored head. Get any smoother, and you start getting glossy again. So the iVisor is a nice compromise. Plus you can remove it any time you feel like complaining about grain. You can't do that with other protector designs.

On the downside, the keyboard makes a bit of an impression on the ivisor. That's ok, it cleans off, and it's better than putting an impression on the screen itself.

Some advice: apply or remove the ivisor at a temperature of at least 68F/20C. It just works better. 75f/24c, even better.

Another tip: this will do a good job of hiding a fairly serious scratch in the underlying screen. I found this out by putting the iPad iVisor on my wife's iPad which mysteriously acquired a 3-inch long scratch about 0.1 mm deep. What a lifesaver. And you know what hides that scratch? Le grain. Take that, grain-haters.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 13, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Pro 13 RetinaVerified Purchase
I have had mixed experiences with Moshi, some good and some bad. The last experience was with my iPad Mini. It distorted and and little singular dots all over it but that's not for this review. This screen shield is for the MBP 13" Retina Display ONLY. It gives it a matte finish while protecting it from fingerprints and preserves the retina display to a degree. You can tell, or at least I can tell there is a screen shield on there but it doesn't take away from the sharpness of every little pixel. Naturally, it's not like viewing it without the screen shield but it's close. You have to sacrifice something to gain something else. I want to protect my MBP for when I'm ready to upgrade and I want to sell it. I want to make sure the person I sell it to gets it in pristine condition bc that what I would want. It fits perfectly up to the borders and it's bubble free and lint free. That's more than I can say about other adhesive protectors out there. It is worth the money so far...I will keep you posted on my experience after a few weeks of use....7/12/2013.
on October 1, 2012
Size Name: MacBook Air 13Verified Purchase
Lets start with the good, this fits the screen perfectly and is 100% bubble free. It is also very good protection for the screen. That being said in my opinion it makes the glare worse by diffusing it and spreading it out over the screen. It also takes a lot of clarity away from the screen, making it look fuzzy. I tried to get used to it but after a few days a took it off. Very upset with myself for wasting over $40 on this.
on July 18, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Air 13Verified Purchase
If all the sticky films were this easy to install!! All devices would be filled with skins.
Reduces glare enough to make it comfortable to use, but there it does not affect the crispness of the Macbook Air!
Great product!
on December 18, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Pro 15 Retina
About a two weeks ago, I scheduled an appointment with the genius bar at my local Apple store to have them look at what appeared to be dead pixels in the middle of the screen. When I took it in, they apparently agreed that it was a dead pixel issue (rather than a chipped screen which I have read about on the Apple forums) and took it for a day to repair it. The next day, when I picked it up, they had replaced the entire screen section of the computer. Luckily, they did not charge me (would have been $663) for this as it was under warranty for a few more weeks. This experience was my motivation to purchase a screen protector in hopes it would protect the screen from minor scratches and nicks that I read was common on this model.

I ordered the product from the online Apple store only because Amazon did not carry the translucent iGlaze case.

When I received the Moshi iVisor this afternoon, I immediately installed it onto my screen. I write this review after only having the screen protector on for a short time because I believe this kind of product can be assessed quickly and accurately (any changes I will include in updates if needed). As a photographer, I cherish the quality of the screen and the quality of blacks the screen can produce. This screen protector DOES effect the screen quality. The blacks are not as sharp and while the screen's clarity is still excellent, there is a noticeable difference between the screen prior to installation and the screen after. The colors look good for the most part but there was some loss there as well. The installation was incredibly easy; possibly the easiest installation of a screen protector I have ever owned. Just clean the screen and apply slowly and everything should be easy.

To summarize, the screen protector is high quality but does effect the quality of the colors delivered by the retina display. The question for the consumer is, "Is the loss of quality worth the possibility of having to pay for a $663 repair?" If you are willing to take the chance, do not buy the product. If you are like me and love your macbook and are willing to deal with a small decrease in quality, click "add to cart" and get it over with.
on October 14, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Air 11Verified Purchase
I waited a long while before ordering this. I'm not sure why, but I'm really glad I did!

This thing is superb! It blends perfectly with the aluminum Air finish and the clever gradient along the bottom allows the MacBook Air lettering to show though. It's the best-fitting cover I've ever used on any product.

The matte finish provides great anti-glare aid and it's easy to whip clean. I didn't have any cleaner with me on a recent trip to Colorado, so I wet a wash cloth in the bath room and clean the surface and then dried it with the other side of the rag that was drive for a clean, streak-free finish.

The only quibble is that because there's basically an air pocket between the back of the protector and the LED screen (because the bezel of the screen is raised) there is a tendency for dust/hair/stuff to collect on the back side. No sweat, peel it off, rinse it off, dry it, and you're good to go. I've found I got the best results when I used compressed air to clean both surfaces well before applying.

If you're looking for an anti-glare or general screen protector for your MacBook, I really don't think there's anything out there better than the Moshi iVisor!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 17, 2014
Size Name: MacBook Pro 15 RetinaVerified Purchase
This screen protector doesn't do two things well:

1. It doesn't help with glare. In fact the glare is actually worse with this protector installed.
2. It isn't transparent. It has a sort of frosted glass effect. It makes a retina macbook pro display look like a regular display.

There are some things it does well:
1. It's easy to apply and sticks well. The adhesive only goes around the edges.

I took this protector off and threw it away because it didn't improve my experience.
on March 7, 2014
Size Name: MacBook Pro 13 RetinaVerified Purchase
I have a similar model on a MacBook Air and it served me well, but the loss of brightness in a retina display is more than I expected. It also does makes screen reflections more bothersome to the eye, so I've removed it.

To be clear, the product is well constructed, installation is a snap, and it's hard to tell that the protector is there -- but the resulting image quality is not aligned with my preferences, so YMMV.
on August 31, 2013
Size Name: MacBook Air 11Verified Purchase
After WEEKS of research and staring at this in my shopping cart, I finally made the plunge. And I couldn't be happier. It's so, so easy to apply, no bubbles whatsoever and you can hardly tell it's there. It does change the appearance of the screen a bit, glossy to matte, but nothing nobody would notice unless they had seen your screen before. I haven't taken it outside yet, but I'm confident this slight change in appearance is going to be well worth it when I need its antireflective benefits. I feel so much safer with my teeny-tiny laptop screen... Worth every penny. Just do it.
on February 27, 2015
Size Name: MacBook Pro 15 RetinaVerified Purchase
Had to install it 3 times to get it lined up right, but that's me; the fit is perfect, which does make it difficult to get right on the first try. Uses a polymer adhesive, which makes it easy to remove and realign, and shouldn't leave any residue.

Make sure you're in a dust-free environment when installing this, and follow the instructions carefully. I mean *REALLY* dust-free. I cleaned the screen very well and used the included wipe to make sure it was spotless and dry, but I have 2 cats, so I ended up with dust behind it anyway. Gonna give props for the polymer adhesive again, though, as it has allowed me to peel back one corner every time I find a piece of dust (the corner closest to the dust, of course) and clean it out without damage. I think I've gotten all of it out now; not deducting stars for my p***-poor installation.

The matte finish is *very* fine-grained, you almost can't feel the texture, but it's there. It greatly reduces glare without impacting image quality. One word of warning, though; because the adhesive is only on the edges, it does *not* go on flat. You really will not notice in normal use, though; you have to literally be looking at it at an extreme angle, from the side, with the screen off, and looking for waves, in order to see it. Just throwing that out there so nobody is surprised or thinks it's a defect or design flaw.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations