TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 30, 2014
The iXCC 7-Port USB 3.0 Hub was extremely easy to set up and functioned without flaw.

LOOK & FEEL:
- It feels to be made of quality plastic, and seems well put together.
- Nice thick USB Cable
- It has 7 ports
- Has a light blue LED power indicator (not too overly bright)

PROS:
>> Works with Windows, Mac and Linux
>> Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
>> With this I can use one USB slot on my workstation and gain an additional 7.
>> I like that the ports are all on the top side, instead of all the way around it. This helps keep all cords, etc facing the same direction and makes less clutter.
>> I can hide it behind my monitors on my desk and then have easy access to extra USB slots. This beats climbing under the desk to access ports on the back of my tower.
>> Being that it uses USB 3.0 technology, I can get up to 5Gbps Transfer Rates. This makes transferring large files such as videos or other large files, from some of my mobile devices, to my Computer, easy and quick.

USAGE:
- I connected it to my Desktop workstation, which is running Windows 8.1 x64. It was accepted and I didn't not have to download any additional drivers for it to function properly.
- I then loaded the ports up with different devices (cellphones, wireless mouse, and four thumb drives, )
- I received no errors and was able to operate my devices immediately
- I was also able to transfer from all thumb drives at USB 3.0 Transfer Rates

CONS:
>> Nothing wrong with it for me so far. It functions as expected.

If you're in the market for a USB 3.0 Hub, I have no problems recommending this one. So far, it has performed great and I rate it 5 stars.

I was supplied a sample of this product for evaluation and promised to give an honest and unbiased review. I hope you found it useful.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Since I own a laptop that just has 3 USB port, each taken up with mouse, printer and external drive, I was so happy to discover this iXCC 7 port! After I plugged it in, the driver was found and I was goo to go. And so far I have been using this without the power adapter and it worked just fine for flash drives and even my portable 1 TB external Hard Drive is powered fine. Right now, I have found that I do not need to plug in the electric adapter that came with the unit. Yet is it is good to know that if I do, it is there if I need it.

What I did to avoid plugging in the adapter is to use two USB ports on my laptop for Printer and Mouse. Then I plugged in the USB Hub in the remaining USB port for my flash drives, portable hard drive.

This iXCC USB 7 Hub works wonderfully and I highly recommend it!
on March 15, 2014
So I’ve been using the Hub for about a week now and I have to say it feels cheap but it gets just job done. I’ve had 2 USB 3.0 external hard drives copying a lot of data and been able to get about 2Gbps with out the supplied power adapter. This hub works great with both OS X and Linux. Tied it on both and was able to get close to 5Gbps on just using one port in Linux. Haven’t had any connection issues with using USB 2.0 devices on this hub. I would recommend this device for someone that is needing more USB 3.0 ports for there computer even if they just want to add more USB Ports to a computer. But some of the dislikes about the device is it gets hot when its just idling. And that they need to put something somewhere on the packaging that when all ports are being used that the transfer data speed won’t be 5Gbps. I’ve talked to a lot of people thinking that you each port you have on a hub can transfer 5Gbps. Thats wrong people. A USB 3.0 port can only get 4.8Gbps or a USB 3.0 SS can get 5Gbps. Which this hub interface is USB 3.0 SS. When you are using USB 2.0 devices you can get really close to maxing out the USB 2.0 speeds when all ports are being used. For the price it is you can’t really get a better 7 port USB 3.0 Hub. So I really recommend getting one if you have lots of USB 3.0 devices or just need some extra USB ports in a computer.

"I was provided with a free copy of this item for testing and my fair and honest evaluation"
on February 16, 2014
This is a great way to increase your USB 3.0 ports. (This is a review of the 7-Port & 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub)

There is one small caveat with the 7-Port hub, it requires a power adapter. Having to plug the hub into the wall is not an issue considering you is getting seven fast USB 3.0 parts. The 4-Port power is supplied by the computer. After supplying power, all you have to do is plug the hub into any USB 3.0 port. Once plugged into the computer, the driver should automatically install by using "Windows Update".

The hub is made of plastic, in the hand it has a nice feel. The corners are rounded and have a very solid feel, with no moving parts. The cord is nice and thick, and three foot in length. You will be glad they give you some cord to work with, it might come in handy.

Inside the box you will find everything you need to add some extra USB 3.0 ports. This hub will also work in a USB 2.0/1.1 port, but with decreased speed. You can use the hub on: flash drives; external hard drives; cell phones; tablets; anything that has a USB port.

CONTENTS:
iXCC 7 Port USB 3.0 Hub
USB 3.0 Male To Male Cord (3ft)
Power Adapter (Only For The 7-Port Hub)
Instruction Manual

FEATURES:
USB Support: 3.0, 2.0, 1.1
Supported OS: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
Dimensions: 7-Port 7.16 x 1.49 x 0.94in (182 x 38 x 24mm), 4-Port 4.33 x 1.49 x 1.25in (110 x 38 x 32mm)
Wight: 7-Port 2.82oz (80g), 4-Port 2.46 (70g)
Cord Length: 3ft
Warranty: 1 Year

I was supplied a sample for the purpose of review.
VINE VOICEon January 30, 2014
It seems to work fine with my MacBook (USB 3.0), and the 2.0 or 3.0 USB ports of my Win7 PC.

Nice fit and finish.

So far, I tested it with flash drives (2.0 and 3.0) only (no hard drives).

This review is about the 4-port version. The 7-port version is similar, but has optional AC power (See Note 1).

PROs:

- No problems found

OKs:

- Priced very reasonably (when $13)
- Non-detachable host-data cable (24" -- thick and stiff)
- Tiny status light shows host is connected
- Not for charging. Will not charge an iPad. Slow to charge iPhone.
- USB sockets are a little tight fitting. Not a real problem on mine.
- User Manual is clear and mostly correct
- Warranty: 1-year (statement enclosed)

CONs:

- None so far

- - - Alternatives - - -

Among the many similar hubs on amazon, these have at least a 12-month warranty:

Sabrent 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub
Cable Matters 4-Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub
TeckNet® 4-Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub

Prices bounce around. You can save money by checking price history on CamelCamelCamel and setting email alerts.

- - - Disclosure - - -

The manufacturer gave me this item for review. I believe my review is impartial.

- - - Notes - - -

Note 1: 7-port version - The included AC power adapter is optional. The hub works fine without external power if you are only using low power devices like flash drives. If you do use it, you'll have cords coming out of opposite ends of the hub (data-in and power-in). Not very elegant.

Power-in uses a thin 48" cable with a "wall wart" that has sideways prongs, so it will usually not block other outlets.

The situation with "tight fitting" USB ports was a little worse on my 7-port sample than on my 4-port sample. You might find it annoying, or not. As another reviewer says, the ports are slightly misaligned from the holes in the plastic housing. A bit lame when you think about it.

~~~ Comments & questions welcome ~~~
TOP 50 REVIEWERon February 5, 2014
This is one of the more compact USB 3.0 hubs I’ve seen. It offers 7 ports, but the hub is only a little over 7 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. That makes it very easy to use on my crowded desktop. It has rounded corners and ends, making it look pretty nice (well, as nice as a hub could look).

It’s a powered hub, and it comes with a 5V adapter (plus a USB cable). Installation was plug-and-play on a Win 7 machine with no drivers needed. Although it is for USB 3.0 devices, I had no problems using it on the Win XP machine as a USB 2.0 hub.

The build quality is decent but not exemplary. The case is plastic and rather cheap feeling. While it is working just fine, I would not expect this would survive well being bounced around in a carry case – the plastic is just too lightweight to give me any measure of confidence that it would not crack or break. It does not have any non-slip feet on the base, which is a negative – the hub it so lightweight that it slides around quite a bit when I pull out an attached cable.

The ports are well-anchored, with no movement even when I over-stressed an attached cable. The power input is on one end; the USB input on the other. It would have been better to have them both on the same end to cut down on cable clutter, but I’m sure that would have been a big design challenge since the hub is so thin.

But the case issues aside, this is a good performing hub that offers 7 USB 3.0 ports. Good choice if you’re short on desktop space.
[Sample provided for review]
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The 7 port hub is sleek, cool (not running hot) and fast. Regretfully, it won't power devices but the product description states that it will not power devices. Also, the pricing would be incredible if it did that.

The 4 port hub is more practical in my view because it doesn't require a separate power source. It's also not able to charge devices though. I looked at the other reviews and have to conclude that the product was improved after the first shipments. The parts are tightly integrated and cable really almost cannot be better. My USB drives fit into it - very tightly though but that's how hubs are being built now. My iMac has no trouble recognizing any USB drive and it's real fast.

I like both the 4-port and 7-port hubs for quickly accessing data from multiple USB drives. The hubs are surprisingly narrow and lightweight. They have a nice look and feel.

In my view, one should consider whether it's important to also power devices and if so, spend more to get that type of hub. Otherwise, this one seems to me to be a perfect choice. I was provided a sample of each the 7-port and 4-ports hubs for my honest opinion.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 28, 2013
I've owned a lot of hubs, so there's lots to compare to. So far, the iXCC hub has performed very well. There's a lot to like and not much to complain about.

COMPATIBILITY

What about backwards compatibility? The ultimate tests are with my Logitech Universal Receiver and Fujitsu scanner.

When used with my Logitech Universal Receiver to control my keyboard and mouse, I found my cursor a little sticky. This receiver is rarely completely functional with USB 3.0 ports, so I usually forgive a hub for glitches.

With my Fujitsu scanner, it passed with flying colors, which is amazing considering it is nearly always completely incompatible with USB 3.0.

The iXCC USB 3.0 hub is compatible with almost everything else I've thrown at it, including headsets, flash drives and card readers. USB 3.0 compatibility is not an issue.

SPEED

I used a USB 3.0 card reader with a class 10 SDHC card with this hub connected to a USB 3.0 port to transfer a 1.71 GB file. This took 2 minutes and 28 seconds. I am pleased with the speed.

POWER

This hub comes with an AC adapter so I will never be underpowered. Does it work without the adapter? Of course. But if the device you are using needs lots of power or you are attaching many devices, it's bet to plug in the AC adapter.

The adapter also comes in handy for transforming this hub into a charging station. Charge your devices even when the computer is powered off. It has overvoltage and overcurrent protection for the devices, so you'll not need to worry.

OVERALL IMPRESSION

I like the sleek styling of the hub. I like that the ports all come out the top and not the sides, which I find much neater for the cables. Except that I have to plug my Logitech Universal Receiver into a USB 2.0 hub, I haven't had much trouble with it at all.

The Logitech problem is forgiven. I'm rarely able to find a hub that works with it. The fact that the Fujitsu scanner works more than makes up for it. It's even rarer to find a USB 3.0 hub that works with Fujitsu. 4 ½ stars.

This product was provided for review by iXCC.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 8, 2013
I bought this USB hub after upgrading my MacBook to the 2013 version. I have a large reserve of digital media content, they are stored on 3 external hard drives. With 2 USB ports, I had to plug and unplug drives to my MacBook when I need to find files. This hub comes to the rescue and works great!

With this hub, I only need to connect one USB connector from the hub to MacBook. All the external hard drives are connected to the hub. This hub came with an external power adapter. It powers all the external hard drives with no issues. I use SanDisk Extereme 64GB to carry content on the go, and often transfer large video files between drives. File transfer speed with this hub is no difference compared to connecting the hub directly to the MacBook itself. This hub works extremely fast with all drives.

I got the 7 port version as I plan to use extra port for possible future expansion. This is a great product - I would recommend to anyone!
on December 7, 2013
This hub is great. I have connected my WD and Seagate hard drives, Buffalo Blu-Ray burner, Samsung Lightscribe burner, Epson printer, and my Logitech headset and everything is working right.

I did not have to install anything on my Windows 7 laptop, the hub is plug and play.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations