Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: igourmet's Favorites - 4 Cheese Sampler (30 ounce)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on December 11, 2003
This is a great way of learning about different cheeses, and what there flavors are.
Gorgonzola is a stronger cheese, usually used for salads - very tangy with a stronger after taste, something I think everyone can really enjoy in that matter. A classic is romaine lettuce, gorgonzola and apple slices.
In contrast, gouda is a milder creamy cheese, great for breads. If cheddar were a starting point, I would say gouda is more creamy. It tends to break and crumble less easily, and really stick to bread surfaces better.
Both will make you forget about the normal supermarket colby or cheddar. I recommend this sampler highly.
on November 24, 2005
Once you taste the cheeses inclued in this set, you will never buy regular cheese from the supermarket again...Welcome to gourmet cheese...simply one of the best cheeses in my opinion...highly recommended...
on June 9, 2007
I know I could never possibly afford a plane ticket to any country that may be a featured/sold item for a purchase through igourmet. So the next best possibility to experience this country would be a taste of the authenticity. I have never been disappointed in the quality and selection (cheese and teas). They may argue with my choice of wine (slightly chilled merlot) when I enjoy any luxury. Nevertheless, I ENJOY IT. You should too!
on September 27, 2007
Igourmet's Favorites is just as good as being in another country in person. Sampling the generous sized cheese's with a San Francisco sourdough and a glass of fabulous California wine, and never having to leave the comfort of my own home is the best. Go ahead and treat yourself to a pleasant worldly experience.
on November 22, 2008
I am not a cheese expert nor do I claim to be one so this kind of cheese is new to me. If you are not used to this kind of cheese you might have the same reaction I did and I guess since I am usually getting cheese that's found in the supermarket (like slices of Kraft cheese or a block of cheese) I found this cheese to be an acquired taste. At 1st I thought the cheese was awful but than I thought about it and the main reason I thought that was since I am not used to the taste it might not be pleasing at 1st. So I gave it a chance and over a few minutes I had found it to be great tasting and I wanted more and its the same way when someone eats it with me. Even though when I let someone else taste this cheese they usually have the same reaction I had when I ate it the 1st time and I understand why, so I explain why it probably doesn't cater to their taste. I have found its taste is still not for everyone so that's why I figure its more acquired if you are used to something else. I have found any of the cheeses that came to be relatively strong tasting and always leaveing an aftertaste and that is not always a bad thing. It was a nice way to taste the way different cheeses from different places vary. Now that I have the taste for gourmet cheese and its grown on me quite a bit I don't know if I can go back to normal supermarket cheese anymore.
on January 20, 2008
This was a gift to a friend who shared it during entertaining. She was delighted with the quality and selection.
on July 13, 2012
I have made purchases from igourmet hundreds of times (literally). My experience with igourmet has been excellent! I love their customer service. Your order will arrive in time and in brilliant condition. Go ahead and travel the culinary world from the comfort of your home!
on June 22, 2015
When the cheese arrived by mail they had melted. 4 round balls of cheese.The oil from the cheeses had leaked out and the wrapping was greasy and it took away the labeling so I had no idea which cheese was which.
However the cheese tasted good but there was absolutely no presentation. Might try when the weather is cold before ordering again.
on July 3, 2012
Pretty gouda stuff. One of the cheddar products we have tried to date. Nice packaging and arrived in very good condition. The cheeses may vary from sampler to sampler I don't know... Ours had gouda, roquefort, cheddar and what looks like swiss. We have tried the cheddar and it was very very good, quite sharp and tasty albeit a bit on the crumbly side. Trying the others a bit at a time as we go along. Great for sandwiches and mouse traps.
on March 2, 2014
We were not able to join our family for the holidays this past year, so we sent this sampler thinking kids, parents and grandparents would all enjoy it and they did. It went over so well I will probably order it again.