4.0 out of 5 stars Great ceramic mug
Published on February 24, 2011 by aMissingShu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good travel cup
Published on December 28, 2011 by Szu

4.0 out of 5 stars Great ceramic mug, February 24, 2011
This review is from: ijo On The GO 16-Ounce Porcelain Re-usable Travel mug, Silicon Sleeve (Kitchen)
I've been using this mug at work for the past month and it's been pretty good. Got some compliments too. Clearly not spill proof but offers the ability for me to microwave my drink if it gets cold. (I wouldn't microwave with the cap on). The silicone sleeve and non-slip base comes off if you need to do some thorough cleaning. The ceramic does not leave a smell or stain.

My lid has never popped off, which is most likely because I leave at least an inch from the top when filling it up with hot liquid. If necessary, a little leverage underneath the lid will release the twisting piece that moves so you can really clean between the crevices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good travel mug., July 31, 2012
Bought the two pack ijo porcelain travel mug set at competitor and must say it is a good value.

The porcelain is hefty and the lid does a great job at keeping liquids from spilling (I've never encountered the problems some users have had with the lids).

Keep it mind as this mug is not insulated it won't keep your hot liquids hot forever (although on my 30 minute commute to work it keeps my Tassimo coffee that I make from home hot enough).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good travel cup, December 28, 2011
Szu (Wilmington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this cup because I wanted to get rid of any plastic cups. The pros of this cup is that it has the rubber handle to keep your hands from over-heating if the cup is hot. It is pretty good (not amazing) at preventing spills with a lid that if seated well will work properly. The bottom has a donut shaped piece of plastic to stop sliding on counters, etc but that also collects water in the dishwasher (the plastic should cover the whole bottom instead). The only draw-back is not specific to this cup, but to the material is that it cools off relatively quickly - it is not insulating (it never claimed to be).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mug, December 5, 2011
I really love this mug and use it just about every day. I had been looking for a good ceramic travel mug for a while since I didn't like the idea of hot coffee in plastic and my metal mug made the coffee taste DISGUSTING. I like that the ceramic doesn't add it's own flavors to the coffee. I've had it for about 6 months now and it has held up to dishwashing well.

My only issues with it are the lid and the silicon sleeve. The sleeve isn't the best insulator against hot drinks and it can be too hot to hold one-handed without gloves on for the first few minutes. If you have two hands then you can alternate and hold by the bottom, but for those of you who might be riding a subway for a long time, it might get a little unbearable without extra insulation (extra sleeve/gloves/etc). I can handle it in my car well since I don't have to hold it the whole time.

The lid works fine when it's on and doesn't any flavor to the mix (like I've heard some of the silicon lids do) but if you want to take it off to drink at your desk be careful that you put the lid on a napkin or it will drip all over the place. There are so many crevices for liquid to hide on this lid that even when you think you got it all you'll probably still end up with a wet spot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lid Fits Perfect When Used Correctly, June 18, 2011
It's really nice to have a porcelain mug with a lid. The lid fits very snuggly if you're careful to make sure the rubber ring on the lid is in place otherwise it will pop out like other reviews noted. The only downside is the mug does get hot even through the silicone wrapper but at least you know when it's cool enough to drink!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this mug!, July 21, 2012
I cannot get the lid OFF! I do not understand how all of the others say the lid pops off. As a matter of fact I have removed the silicone ring from the lid and ONLY use it if I am traveling with the mug. I use this everyday as my primary coffee cup so double walled is not relevant - I do not have any regular ceramic, porcelain or the like coffee cups with double walls. I use the unsealed lid to help keep the beverage hot, but I do have have to occasionally microwave to hot it up, but I do that with other cups as well. This could have 5 stars, but I do not find much that is "perfect" - but did I say..."I love this mug"!

4.0 out of 5 stars Travels Great!, June 17, 2011
Except for the lid not being as tight as I would like to have it...the cup is great the travels great too.

2.0 out of 5 stars My mug leaks!, May 29, 2011
Took it out of the dishwasher and put coffee in and noticed there was coffee on the table not long after. There is a hairline crack at the bottom of the mug! Have to throw it away - have no idea how this happened as it says dishwasher safe
And it has not been dropped.

Good news.....my lid stays on! The lid is not tight but it doesn't pop off with hot coffee in mug.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality, but the lid?, January 30, 2011
The cup has some nice features. It's heavy like a mug, so it won't blow over when empty and it seats nicely in a car's cup holder. There are rubber grips on the base and sides and the removable lid has a rotating knob which seals off the sip opening.

While it seems like the cup was well engineered, there is one huge flaw that renders the cup almost useless for traveling:

The lid does not seal well at all. It's hard to imagine how the lid made it past QA testing. I bought four of these cups, so I know it's not a fluke. The lid comes with a silicone ring-flap to aid in the seal when pressing it on, but it hardly does the job at all. You should also note that if you inspect the lid's fit in the store and it seems tight enough, beware! When a hot beverage fills the cup, it expands (science!) and the top just pulls right off with no effort at all.
It's a shame because this would otherwise be a perfectly designed cup if only they could think of a good way to seal the plastic lid with the porcelain cup.

My fix: I wrapped electrical tape around the lid, tightly over where the silicone ring sits, to thicken that area until it fits snug when pressed in. You can also steal one of your kid's fatter Silly Bands to make a better O-ring for the seal. It's worth the extra effort because this cup is much better quality than the other reusable cups out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT double walled, July 7, 2011
This mug looks like a double-walled mug made by another company but is NOT double-walled. Mine came broken due to insufficient packaging so I could examine how it was made. It has single porcelain wall and therefore doesn't have the "thermos" effect of keeping your drink cold/hot while being comfortable to your hands.