5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my screen
I bought one of these screens and a few weeks later I dropped my phone. It broke the screenmate but not the screen. I bought a new one and put it on and will continue using it.
Published 15 months ago by Gary Riley

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine must have been defective; just OK otherwise
Bought this after reading reviews and watching it in action on YouTube. Thought I would spend the money and get that glass-feel back and get rid of these "replace it every 3-6 month" screen protectors.

Published 16 months ago by hitech

2.0 out of 5 stars Mine must have been defective; just OK otherwise, August 3, 2013
This review is from: iloome Samsung Galaxy S3(Blue) ScreenMate Real Tempered Glass 9H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating, including Blue Aluminum Home Button (Wireless Phone Accessory)

It arrived quickly and it was well-packaged in an eco-friendly manner. Included instructions and links to videos showing installation. I must say I have installed many, many screen protectors in my life, from wet-installation to dry-installation to whole phone wraps; so I had some experience going in.

I carefully removed my old screen protector, cleaned the Gorilla glass good with non-residue optic cleaner, blew it off with some compressed air, aligned it, and boom, this thing just fell on perfect, no bubbles, no dust, perfect fit and seal around the bezel of the phone. No oil-slick look like you get with an OtterBox Defender or equivalent integrated screen protector on the phone from time to time. Was blown away with the look, quality and fit of the protector. Really seemed to resist (or at least not attract fingerprints).

Now for the CONS...

The included aluminum home button "extension pad" was black...kind of didn't fit the cut out in the glass perfectly; and shouldn't it be blue to match the original?

It covers up the Samsung logo at the top. Honestly this wasn't a BAD thing, just made the phone look a little generic.

The little "touch response" dots. You can only see them when the phone is off and glare from a light is hitting the phone directly. Another thing I could live with.

Now for where things went BAD...

The touch response started out decent. Something I could definitely live with. Maybe a 10% loss of responsiveness. Over the period of a week, it got progressively worse. To the point I couldn't stand it. I'd say 25-35% of the responsiveness was gone, like swiping screen to screen or app drawer screens became impossible without making a concerted effort. And swiping the keyboard or pressing individual keys; forget it. I never sent so many mis-typed texts and emails before.

Scratch resistant, 9H hardness, yeah whatever. I would say if you dropped the phone and it kept the Gorilla glass intact, yeah. But general day-to-day usage, it being in my shirt pocket, it showed micro-scratches from where it rubbed up against a pen in my pocket. I could live with this because they didn't effect the visuals on the screen.

Now for the deal breaker. Less than a month after installation, no drops or impacts in my UAG case, it started to crack down the middle. It started as a small 1/4" crack that didn't appear to go all the way through the protector. Then it started to expand towards the speaker cut-out then down to the home button. When this happened, the screen response was reduced again, probably about 50-75% of regular screen protector. Not to mention the crack down the protector crippled the display.

Took some high-resolution pictures of the protector on the phone in the UAG case in it's last days and e-mailed them to support. Of course I got the run-around about it being out of warranty (I received it approximately a month before I actually installed it due to working tremendous overtime) but it was on the phone and in use less than 30 days. Then they told me the case installed was incompatible with the product and caused stress fracture. (I had mentioned I babied my phone since I bought it with a Otterbox Defender, but switched to the UAG case when I put the ScreenMate on and they stated the Otterbox was incompatible; a simple misunderstanding of what was on the phone during the ScreenMate's life).

Initially they offered me a 20% discount towards a new ScreenMate. No thanks. Obviously, reading the more recent reviews, there is some kind of manufacturing defect or production problem. Replace it with a solid part and I'm a customer for life.

After enough back and forth they finally offered to refund my $30, minus a 15% restocking fee. So I'm out $4.50 and lesson learned. Switched back to cheap, flimsy film screen protectors until they work out the kinks and make this a worthy product.

Bottom line, iloome, I loved your product. It had some minor knit picks I could live with; and one major flaw I couldn't. When you fix your production problems or revise the product I'd love to switch back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my screen, August 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Iloome Samsung Galaxy S3 blue tempered glass protector, April 13, 2013
Lenci (MARYLAND United States) - See all my reviews
Oh my I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 ScreenMate Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I just read one of the reviews for this screen protector and I'm very shocked that the reviewer said their screen protector scratched, lol. My little sister didn't believe me when I said the screen protector is a "beast" because it doesn't scratch. I took out my keys and proceeded to scratch up and down on the screen of my cell phone and after I was done she couldn't tell that I touched the phone at all. She was definitely amazed. She's still hooked on Gorilla glass which is a joke but at least she knows now there are other options she can use. Now I will say you do get fingerprints all the time on the screen but I just use the little cloth that illoome gives you and the fingerprints are gone. I've dropped my phone several times and the screen protector protected my phone. I definitely would not trade this screen protector for any other brand. In fact my brother and my son and I all have the Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phones and I purchased the iloome ScreenMate Tempered Glass Screen Protector for all 3 phones based on a review I saw on Youtube. It's fantastic!! The price of the screen protector isn't cheap but what do you expect for buying tempered glass. It's a must for any cell phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Note 3 Tempered Glass, October 26, 2013
Lee C. Hee (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Review for the Note 3 Tempered Glass:

5/5 would recommend due to promised delivery release time (Pre-ordered and shipped on release day). Received product in 4 days after delivery. I failed to put it on correctly 2 times as I had not cleaned it right and had a smudge within the tempered glass.
After watching youtube videos of tempered glass, I was a believer and this was cheaper than the competition (Spigen, somehow they have lower ratings due to their CS) I said its 25 + tax, why not? and purchased it.

So far I love it even though I have like 2 dust particles (not on the screen thankfully) protecting it. It's smooth and i like having glass protecting glass, feels like its part of the phone unlike previous screen protectors. Would recommend to anyone getting this phone, must have protection. repleacement of glass is 200+ this is only 27 w/ tax. Insurance is... a scam in my opinion (200-300 cost of 2 years and deductible) as most replacement insurance claims are broken screen, this is worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars TERIBLE COMPANY, August 28, 2013
Company wouldnt replace faulty product. instead offered me a $5.00 discount on my next purchase. Ive been a prime member for over 2 years, this is my first review, thought id share my experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars nothing like i though, May 28, 2013
I just finished installing this on my s3.Looks very appealing once installed, but im having problems with the sensitivity on the screen i have to press hard at times when swiping which is not good. I sometimes can't even swipe my password pattern either. Also it's not smudge proof at all, it's not even glass at least from what It feels like. I don't wouldn't bother putting this to a scratch test despite the ones i see on you tube. I would love it if i didn't have problems with the touch sensitivity. that is all. I give it 2 stars for looks only

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection!, March 28, 2013
Daryle t Boyd (Los Angeles, CA, US) - See all my reviews
Purchased the Screen Mate glass cover for my Galaxy S3 on March 25th and received my order on March 28th. Great service! The glass cover was very easy to put on my phone and took less than five minutes. My son purchased a Screen Mate for his iphone and told me about the product. Now I'm sharing the Screen Mate with everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware! Edges chip like crazy!, November 5, 2013
While it probably does what it is intended to do, keep your screen and LCD from breaking when you drop your phone, it probably won't last long enough for that to happen. The protector is not even close to flush with the phone. This wouldn't be such an issue if it were beveled, but it is not. If you have it in your pocket (or purse) it literally takes no time until the edges start chipping away. It took a week for my first chip. Not only is this frustrating, it looks terrible. If that wasn't enough, those chipped edges are sharp! I tried getting a replacement, but they don't believe in it, they'd rather you buy another for 20% off. I have had 6 separate locations of the edge chip. I thought putting a case on might help. Nope. It just put a small amount of pressure against the protector and now I have 2 splits across my screen. Really?! It looks like poop and I'm finally ripping it off. For nearly $30 it's a complete rip! It's bad enough that I would rather risk it and replace a screen or complete digitizer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great finger prints are terrible, July 8, 2013
I have messed up every screen protector on every phone i have had and believe me thats alot...this product was simple to install just follow directions you can actually hold it on the sides to make aligning it simple since its not a piece of film.No bubbles at all...woo hoo..first time for me.. as for finger prints and smudging well that is where the problem lies its horrible..im not hitting it with a hammer so i will just believe the 9h rating is good enough.. i looked it up and it says it can take a hammer strike once again not gonna do it...at $27.00 it seems a little pricey but its not its a forever product. So get this first time around and your done. I would most definitely buy it again. I reccomend..I HAVE EDITED MY REVIEW BECAUSE THE FINGER PRINTS AND SMUDGES ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW, September 11, 2014
Excellent Product (unfortunately they dont make anymore). Excellent Customer service. a month after getting my phone it took a dump. Needed to be replaced. Costco replaced it but they said they couldnt do anything about the 30 dollar screen protector and I just had to try an re-stick it on my new phone. Screen stuck fine but the home button lasted only a week. Emailed Iloom and they sent me a replacement home button (a discontinued profuct) for Free!!! they had an extra one lying around. Fast Forward 6 months and my daughter chucks my phone lands screen down. Shatters the screen (or so I thought). ILoom did its job. Screen protector peeled away (with not glas shards either) so reveal a perfectly in-tact screen. Would order again if still made. Will most defintely get when I get a new phone.

one small con: it does take a bit of getting used to with touching the screen it is just a tiny bit less responsive.