Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on August 3, 2013
Bought this after reading reviews and watching it in action on YouTube. Thought I would spend the money and get that glass-feel back and get rid of these "replace it every 3-6 month" screen protectors.

It arrived quickly and it was well-packaged in an eco-friendly manner. Included instructions and links to videos showing installation. I must say I have installed many, many screen protectors in my life, from wet-installation to dry-installation to whole phone wraps; so I had some experience going in.

I carefully removed my old screen protector, cleaned the Gorilla glass good with non-residue optic cleaner, blew it off with some compressed air, aligned it, and boom, this thing just fell on perfect, no bubbles, no dust, perfect fit and seal around the bezel of the phone. No oil-slick look like you get with an OtterBox Defender or equivalent integrated screen protector on the phone from time to time. Was blown away with the look, quality and fit of the protector. Really seemed to resist (or at least not attract fingerprints).

Now for the CONS...

The included aluminum home button "extension pad" was black...kind of didn't fit the cut out in the glass perfectly; and shouldn't it be blue to match the original?

It covers up the Samsung logo at the top. Honestly this wasn't a BAD thing, just made the phone look a little generic.

The little "touch response" dots. You can only see them when the phone is off and glare from a light is hitting the phone directly. Another thing I could live with.

Now for where things went BAD...

The touch response started out decent. Something I could definitely live with. Maybe a 10% loss of responsiveness. Over the period of a week, it got progressively worse. To the point I couldn't stand it. I'd say 25-35% of the responsiveness was gone, like swiping screen to screen or app drawer screens became impossible without making a concerted effort. And swiping the keyboard or pressing individual keys; forget it. I never sent so many mis-typed texts and emails before.

Scratch resistant, 9H hardness, yeah whatever. I would say if you dropped the phone and it kept the Gorilla glass intact, yeah. But general day-to-day usage, it being in my shirt pocket, it showed micro-scratches from where it rubbed up against a pen in my pocket. I could live with this because they didn't effect the visuals on the screen.

Now for the deal breaker. Less than a month after installation, no drops or impacts in my UAG case, it started to crack down the middle. It started as a small 1/4" crack that didn't appear to go all the way through the protector. Then it started to expand towards the speaker cut-out then down to the home button. When this happened, the screen response was reduced again, probably about 50-75% of regular screen protector. Not to mention the crack down the protector crippled the display.

Took some high-resolution pictures of the protector on the phone in the UAG case in it's last days and e-mailed them to support. Of course I got the run-around about it being out of warranty (I received it approximately a month before I actually installed it due to working tremendous overtime) but it was on the phone and in use less than 30 days. Then they told me the case installed was incompatible with the product and caused stress fracture. (I had mentioned I babied my phone since I bought it with a Otterbox Defender, but switched to the UAG case when I put the ScreenMate on and they stated the Otterbox was incompatible; a simple misunderstanding of what was on the phone during the ScreenMate's life).

Initially they offered me a 20% discount towards a new ScreenMate. No thanks. Obviously, reading the more recent reviews, there is some kind of manufacturing defect or production problem. Replace it with a solid part and I'm a customer for life.

After enough back and forth they finally offered to refund my $30, minus a 15% restocking fee. So I'm out $4.50 and lesson learned. Switched back to cheap, flimsy film screen protectors until they work out the kinks and make this a worthy product.

Bottom line, iloome, I loved your product. It had some minor knit picks I could live with; and one major flaw I couldn't. When you fix your production problems or revise the product I'd love to switch back.
on April 13, 2013
Oh my I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 ScreenMate Tempered Glass Screen Protector. I just read one of the reviews for this screen protector and I'm very shocked that the reviewer said their screen protector scratched, lol. My little sister didn't believe me when I said the screen protector is a "beast" because it doesn't scratch. I took out my keys and proceeded to scratch up and down on the screen of my cell phone and after I was done she couldn't tell that I touched the phone at all. She was definitely amazed. She's still hooked on Gorilla glass which is a joke but at least she knows now there are other options she can use. Now I will say you do get fingerprints all the time on the screen but I just use the little cloth that illoome gives you and the fingerprints are gone. I've dropped my phone several times and the screen protector protected my phone. I definitely would not trade this screen protector for any other brand. In fact my brother and my son and I all have the Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phones and I purchased the iloome ScreenMate Tempered Glass Screen Protector for all 3 phones based on a review I saw on Youtube. It's fantastic!! The price of the screen protector isn't cheap but what do you expect for buying tempered glass. It's a must for any cell phone.
on October 26, 2013
Review for the Note 3 Tempered Glass:

5/5 would recommend due to promised delivery release time (Pre-ordered and shipped on release day). Received product in 4 days after delivery. I failed to put it on correctly 2 times as I had not cleaned it right and had a smudge within the tempered glass.
After watching youtube videos of tempered glass, I was a believer and this was cheaper than the competition (Spigen, somehow they have lower ratings due to their CS) I said its 25 + tax, why not? and purchased it.

So far I love it even though I have like 2 dust particles (not on the screen thankfully) protecting it. It's smooth and i like having glass protecting glass, feels like its part of the phone unlike previous screen protectors. Would recommend to anyone getting this phone, must have protection. repleacement of glass is 200+ this is only 27 w/ tax. Insurance is... a scam in my opinion (200-300 cost of 2 years and deductible) as most replacement insurance claims are broken screen, this is worth it.
on August 7, 2013
I bought one of these screens and a few weeks later I dropped my phone. It broke the screenmate but not the screen. I bought a new one and put it on and will continue using it.
on May 28, 2013
I just finished installing this on my s3.Looks very appealing once installed, but im having problems with the sensitivity on the screen i have to press hard at times when swiping which is not good. I sometimes can't even swipe my password pattern either. Also it's not smudge proof at all, it's not even glass at least from what It feels like. I don't wouldn't bother putting this to a scratch test despite the ones i see on you tube. I would love it if i didn't have problems with the touch sensitivity. that is all. I give it 2 stars for looks only
on May 30, 2013
It's been 10 days today since I got and installed this product on my Samsung GS3. Since I've gotten it installed, I've dropped my phone a few times and I carry it around in my pocket with all the coins and keys and still looking good. It came in nicely packaged and not damaged. The glass itself was a little thick and was easy to install. Overall, I would recommend this product but with a disclaimer.

Even with good "performance" so far, I didn't give it a full 5 stars because of a couple of issues.

1. The glass is thick, and the edges are a bit sharp. The edge on the ear speaker is sharp too and can hurt your ear especially if you press your ear on it hard.
2. It's not really smudge proof..it smudges just like the regular screen.
3. Again, the thickness and size is somewhat of an issue with me but I kinda expected that before purchasing it. The screen doesn't cover the whole glass surface of the phone screen, leaving a lip which is a problem with my rubber case. The case lip just butt up against the edge of the protector and at times kind of "lifts" the edges. By doing so, touch sensitivity is diminished about 3/4" along the edge. This screen is perfect with the Otterbox case, tho, since I tried it with my wife's case, the silicone armor actually has enough lip to go over the screen protector.
4. I can't stand the glare on it. The other day I went out with it forgetting to adjust the backlight to full from minimum and I couldn't even see what's on the screen. I don't even know where to touch to unlock it, but when the backlight is on full, it's ok.

Again, the product is good on it's own. I would like to get a new case for my phone but no other manufacturer will accommodate the extended battery I have. My case is specifically made for the extended battery so I'm currently S.O.L. I will still recommend this product to others but make sure that if you have a silicone/rubberized casing, make sure that it goes over the lip just like on the Otterbox, or else you will have fitment or touch sensitivity issues. I will be purchasing this for my wife soon so that just shows that I do like it.

Pictures will be posted
review image review image review image
on March 28, 2013
Purchased the Screen Mate glass cover for my Galaxy S3 on March 25th and received my order on March 28th. Great service! The glass cover was very easy to put on my phone and took less than five minutes. My son purchased a Screen Mate for his iphone and told me about the product. Now I'm sharing the Screen Mate with everyone.
on July 8, 2013
I have messed up every screen protector on every phone i have had and believe me thats alot...this product was simple to install just follow directions you can actually hold it on the sides to make aligning it simple since its not a piece of film.No bubbles at all...woo hoo..first time for me.. as for finger prints and smudging well that is where the problem lies its horrible..im not hitting it with a hammer so i will just believe the 9h rating is good enough.. i looked it up and it says it can take a hammer strike once again not gonna do it...at $27.00 it seems a little pricey but its not its a forever product. So get this first time around and your done. I would most definitely buy it again. I reccomend..I HAVE EDITED MY REVIEW BECAUSE THE FINGER PRINTS AND SMUDGES ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN!!
on July 13, 2013
Until I watched TheAngelOfMusic and her review of the Samsung S3 Gorilla Glass, I had no idea just how at risk I was for breaking my S3 display. Well, one day, it happened to me. I accidentally dropped my S3 upside down - IN A CASE, by the way - and the screen shattered. I knew I had a gouge in the screen but never paid much attention to it. "It's Gorilla Glass," I told myself. It's indestructible.

NOT SO...

NOW, with the iLoome glass and it's 9-level hardness I have ZERO scuffs and scratches on my S3. LOVE THIS PRODUCT! It went on easily, takes little care, and performs as promised. If you own an S3, BUY THIS PRODUCT AND NEVER LOOK BACK.
on July 23, 2013
First there was a spec of dirt that was attached to the screen protector on the underside of the product. I figured it was on the top side and the dirt would be removed when I removed the protective stickers. I was wrong.

The dirt was underneath and when I applied the screen protector to the phone it became really obvious where the dirt was. I wanted a clean viewing surface and now there is a spec distracting me from videos. It isn't too bad in apps though since the spec is grey and many backgrounds are grey. It's annoying and it came with the protector out of the box.

As for the 9H surface hardness, I'm not sure. It came pre-scratched. On the top right hand corner of the device there is a scratch on the screen protector and I noticed it as I was applying it. Pretty funny that it came pre-scratched and pre-dirted.

As for feel, it feels pretty good. When I use the swipe keyboard I notice my fingers don't stick as much as the stock glass. My case still fits on my phone. The button works fine.