5.0 out of 5 stars Love the protector, my case does not. (UPDATE 8-7-13)
Published 16 months ago by P. Reyes

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay.
For the money I paid, I am pleased with the screen protector, it does what it is supposed to and it looks good. It works very well with my OEM bumper and I haven't had any problems since.

Published 12 months ago by Jan Brablec

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the protector, my case does not. (UPDATE 8-7-13), August 6, 2013
Love the protector! Very seamless for the most part and it doesn't take away from the responsiveness of the screen. The only gripe I have is with my RingKe Fusion case which has a shallow lip along the sides and it gets cause underneath the protector and lifts up the screen enough to make it lose contact along the left hand side. So I have to find a case that has a deeper lip that will go over the edge of the protector.

Update:

Well, after 2 days, the screen saved my phone. Forgetting about the glass back, since I just bought this phone, I put it on the kitchen island, sitting on top of my new Nexus 7 which was at a slight angle in its case, and the phone slid right off and onto the tile floor, shattering the the protector, but keeping my phone unscathed. I attached a pic. Kinda sucks that I'm out $27 only 2 days in, but happy that my phone is safe. I wish that iLoome offered a big discount off of a second screen protector after your first one breaks, like Ghost Glass does. They offer you the second protector for $12 as opposed to the usual $25.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., December 28, 2013

The greatest problem I have with the protector is the adhesive. The protector collects dust on the sides and underneath with use, so if you want to get it off you're supposed to wash the protector with hot water and protect the adhesive. Honestly, that won't work. At any rate... If there was a way to clean it or to replace the adhesive I would give it five stars because this thing saved me a bunch of times.

It's the best protector on the market for the Nexus 4.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could use stronger adhesive., September 16, 2013
I bought this because I don't want to use a case with my Nexus, but don't want to risk cracking the screen.

My only critique is the adhesive used, maybe it's not thick enough for the side bezels, applying it with just your hands might leave some gaps open. If you don't get the adhesive to seal fully water and dirt can get in which is annoying, peeling it to clean the glass underneath can be a pain. What I did to help it seal better was to use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive to help it stick better and fully (Do not heat it up too much or you will risk damaging it).

I broke it in half when I was peeling it out even though I was being careful, if you need to peel it to reapply it for some reasons peel it very slowly and try not to bend it.

It also get small scratches from being in my pocket with keys, so it's not the most durable, but I can't complain too much since it does protect the screen below.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects, and keeps the glass "touch", August 28, 2013
I like this product, install is pretty straightforward, and cutouts for mic and sensors are near perfect. Couple of points to not though is that I have a weird, circular rainbow in the center. Also the protector is a little wider than the flat portion of the screen so it has an "edge" where the nexus 4 screen curves down it's not annoying or distracting and doesn't really impact swiping, but will create problems with cases. This also might the reason once installed dirt seems to still filters in as the edge may get lifted up slightly when being pulled in and out of our pocket. On original install there was absolutely no dust on the front facing camera portion of the screen protector, now there is...so something is allowing dust in.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cracking quickly after normal use / got return good customer service, August 15, 2013
No drops, no unusual impacts, it's just starting to crack. I'm not the type to write bad reviews but I'm disappointed. Prior to buying this protector, I had the touchscreen replaced for $150. I wanted to protect my investment so I bought this (not cheap compared to other protection products). So it's worrying me to see that it's already cracking, pretty fragile generally. And yes I put it on exactly as instructed. I'll contact them to see if I can get a replacement.

EDIT 9/6: They refunded promptly, customer service great. Perhaps there was something up with my particular item, I don't doubt the company generaly makes a good product. I wouldn't say "stay away" etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very brittle and does not protect well, January 23, 2014
Yes, Of course the glass is hard, but it is also brittle -- not to mention, it does not soften the impact.

1. It is very common for the glass to fly off after a small drop. The adhesive is not that great.
2. It is expensive, so one would have expect much better protection.
3. Two weeks into use, I drop my phone from about 3 feet. The cover was perfectly find, but my entire phone 's screen was completely shattered such that I would not use my phone. It caused me $100 to get a replacement screen in Singapore.
4. After repair, I placed the ScreenMate glass over the new screen. Now, it dropped from 2 feet. The lower right of the protector cracked without falling off. and many tiny bits of the hard glass was trapped between the cracked protector and the screen. I removed the cracked protector and my new mobile phone's screen was scratched by the tiny bits of glass.

Get a normal plastic screen protector. They absorb and soften impacts better. I have no issues since then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very suitable nexus4, January 21, 2014
Very suitable nexus4,Very good, clear, smooth,Love the protector! Very seamless for the most part and it doesn't take away from the responsiveness of the screen. And google bumper very fit. So I have to find a case that has a deeper lip that will go over the edge of the protector

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, January 14, 2014
Easy install, feels great and the protection is leaps better than the thin films. I don't think I'll ever go back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome screen protection make sure sensors will work with yours., December 16, 2013
Ryan Andrews (NEW MILFORD, CT, US) - See all my reviews
Did not have proximity sensor cut out so would not work with optimus g pro model. When I made a phone call screen would not turn back on. Had to wait for other party to hang up. Told seller he related to manufacturer and cheerfully refunded me. Very professional. Also stated he would reach out when fixed. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, September 2, 2013
Works like a charm.
Easy to install and you don't get problems with bubbles like other screen protectors and you hardly notice that it's on.
Though there is very little "edge" left on the sides after installing it, so some case protectors might not fit anymore.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›