Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Songs of Summer Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by A. M. M. Arguello on September 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Paul_Buys_A_Lot answered on September 22, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi Erica,
If you already have the 18-55mm lens that came with the NEX, I would personally get the 55-210mm. You will have to wait, as it is not yet available (available for Pre-order), but I personally couldn't justify the $800 lens. It does goes down to 18mm, so it is more versatile in the fact that you don't have to change lenses between your 18-55 lens and 55-210. The 18-200mm is also pretty large compared to the 55-210mm. Hope that helps.
Paul
Paul_Buys_A_Lot answered on October 5, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hey A.M.M Arguello, I noticed in your initial post you mentioned you have the NEX-3 camera. I also noticed in your last post that you ordered the 55-210 mm zoom lense. Have you had a chance to use the 55-210 mm zoom lense with your NEX-3 yet? Have you had any problems? I only ask because on the sony website this lense does not list the NEX-3 as a compatible camera. However I think this has to do with the fact that the NEX-3 was technically a discontinued model when this lense was released. Any first hand experience you can provide would be much appreciated.
M. Weis answered on November 14, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
M. Weis answered on December 13, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello Paul, I have the Sony nex 5 camera and I need a lense with a higher zoom, which do you recommed??
the 350 dollar one or the 800 dollar one?? and what is the difference between the too??
Thanks
Erica Massenburg answered on October 3, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thanx a lot for your response! i already ordered the 55-210 mm lense, lets see when it arrives.
A. M. M. Arguello answered on October 9, 2011

A
I`m sorry I want to know when is thsi lense going to be released?? I`m so anxious! somebody knows?
A. M. M. Arguello answered on October 9, 2011

A
From what I just read they are shooting for an October release so it should be sometime in the next two to three weeks.
A. Kuempel answered on October 13, 2011

A
Kuempel, where did u find that info?? I haven't been able to find it...
thanx
A. M. M. Arguello answered on October 13, 2011

A
Here is a quote from DPreveiw:
"The new E-mount Telephoto zoom E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS (SEL55210) will be available this October for about $350. The new Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA (SEL24F18Z) and the E 50mm F1.8 OSS (SEL50F18) will each be available this December for about $1000 and $300, respectively."
Also if you google sony E mount wiki it shows "Sony E 4.5-6.3/55-210mm OSS (SEL-55210, VX9102) (from October 2011)"
A. Kuempel answered on October 13, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product