How noisy is it? I live in a place where quiet is important. Some electric toothbrushes are too noisy for here. Never have used an oral irrigator yet
asked by KJ on October 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
vote
I don't have noise restrictions where I live, but I do love my quiet. This little machine is less noisy that the name brand I used previously, and works better. It is not as loud as my electric toothbrush. I think you'll be quite happy with it, and the times in the future when you don't use it, you'll miss it.
Jane B. Fitzwilliam answered on October 24, 2012

A
vote
This one has a little amount of noise, I would say it's not any louder than an electric toothbrush. It works great though I have no complaints with it at all - and it's great for travel.
Douglas answered on October 24, 2012

A
vote
The Panasonic oral irrigator has a pulsing sound. It is not noisy at all. It's just water that shoots in between your teeth at two different speeds to remove food particles. There is no buzzing or roaring-just water like water running from a faucet but only softer and pulsing in a narrow stream. Any operational tool will have some vibrating or pulsating sound but not to a point of irritation that I have found. I hope you find this helpful and, by the way, this does not make the noise of an electric toothbrush.
murcon answered on October 29, 2012

A
votes
Its not as loud as my electric toothbrush is
kimdawn6 answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
Its a great dental hygiene product and works well but it is not silent. Probably about as noisy as an electric toothbrush.
amazonfan answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
Not terribly noisy. It works well but the reservoir got moldy smelling after a while.
Scuba Mom answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
It is a lower pitch than the electric toothbrush I have--almost as loud, not quite though.
Nancy Abrams answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
Not as loud as an electric toothbrush, but the beauty of this product is that it is cordless so you are able to take it in the shower with you.
Wendy K. answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
The electric tooth brush has a vibrator but the oral irrigator works on pumping action. So the sound I would say is slightly milder. It's not exactly quite as you would say.
sat9999 answered on October 24, 2012

A
votes
When the motor starts there is a bit of a shrill sound to it. I use it often very early in the AM and the wife is a very light sleeper and has never been awakened by it. But it is a distinct sound to it.
J. Salmond answered on October 24, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›