Does the book include the actual research and/or brain scans that show intelligence can be changed?
asked by Liz H. on June 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
No. It's not about changing intelligence itts about how are mindset affects our life. Inteigence I what it is, it is how we apply it. The smartest person ever, that doesn't believe in themselves will be less effective than someone else who has a different mindset.
Alice Francis answered on June 6, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
http://mindsetonline.com/ If I were you, I'd check out some sites and articles that give the basic idea of mindsets. That might help you see the bigger picture of this. It's about freeing ourselves from a paradigm that limits our growth and abilities to achieve. There's plenty of research supporting it, just not the type you're specifically asking about.
Amazon Customer answered on June 6, 2013

A
Hi Liz,
The book has numerous research citations, and I suspect that you could also email Dr. Dweck. I didn't see any brain scans in the book. I wonder, though, about your question. The book is not about changing intelligence, but about better using what you have, as I understand it. Also, I'm not aware of any brain scan research that has successfully measured changes in intelligence. Jim Grew
Jim Grew answered on June 7, 2013

A
The book refers to research but does not include brain scans. It is more a study of behavior than actual intelligence as tested by IQ. It describes two mindsets that are at opposite ends of the spectrum and expounds on how to teach, coach, and mentor these different mindsets. It studies how these mindsets operate in a business environment and the different approaches they take. As I mentioned earlier, it is more of a book on different types of behavior describing where each is coming from and projecting what their actuals will be like in dealing with events.
CHRISTOPHER J HENDERSON answered on June 8, 2013

A
Hi Liz, no the book does not "show" how intelligence can be changed but does give practical ideas and case studies. Hope that helps, Kindly forward any other questions you may have. Roy G
Roy Goodyear answered on June 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product