what is included with the camcorder? Must I also buy a helmet mount and memory card or do these things come with it?
asked by Mike on December 12, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
votes
The camera came with a flat surface rotating mount that I used on my helmet, a profile mount, and the USB cable. There was no memory card.
gwagon answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
Contours website specifies what comes in the box for each of their cameras. With the roam no memory card is included. There are a few mounts included that are suitable for a helmet
Steve answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
The camera came with helmet mounts even though it wasnt advertised on Amazon. You do need to buy a big memory card. The file sizes are big! But really good clarity however only to about 80 feet. We use it for helicopter operations and I can only just make out the fire fighters at the bottom of a 100' winch.
Mr. William Hollingsworth answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
It comes with a helmet mount, and a flat surface mount (car dash) that has a swivel base. USB cable is included, and securing lanyards. Flash memory is not included, but the Amazon brand micro SD cards are inexpensive enough. Other accessories that aren't included (but useful) are the handlebar mount, rollbar mount, and headband mount. Happy Action Camming to you!
Steveybee answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
Included with this camera is a surfboard mount, a flat surface (stick on) mount and a waterproof case for underwater filming. Yes you will have to purchase a helmet mount and yes you will have to purchase a micro SD chip to record onto. Helmet mount I found was about fifteen dollars and the micro SDHC (high Capacity) chip was from The big box store and was 32 GB for twenty fife dollars. Hope this helps.
Mike
Mountain Bike Mike answered on December 12, 2012

A
votes
the contourROAM watersports kit come with a surfboard mount wich is composed by two pices. a flat flexible base with 3M adhesive and a rotating mount 360 and 180 tilt. No memory card is included.
To use this camera on a helmet you must buy one of the mounts for helmets. there are diferent types of helmets therefore there are diferent types of mounts. helmets with open vents like bicycles and all close helmets like motorcicles and skating.
eddie answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
I received one right side profile mount and one flat surface mount that allows for 360' positioning. A lanyard was also included. There was no memory card included.
Hope this helps.
I hate math! answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
No memory card included, two sticky mounts included but they are for motorcycle helmet i think, because you need a big area to stick, they will not work for most bike (smaller) helmets
Alejandro G answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
It comes with a waterproof case and surfboard mount. Other mounts are available but additional as are the memory cards.
Sandra Smith answered on December 13, 2012

A
votes
No memory card with the camera, but it does have a few different helmet mounts. I was skeptical at first of how well they will stay on the helmet since they are adhesive mounts, but they've stayed strong and done so after a few notable tumbles. Get a large size card for the camera, because the files are very large.
Erika answered on December 13, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›