Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on September 4, 2009
I am training for a 50 mile ultra marathon and thought I'd try the Injinji socks for my long training runs. They have been great for stopping blisters but I already have a hole in the socks. I've done 2 long runs that took about 7 hours and 3 shorter runs that took 2-3 hours. Even for performance wear I expect a $12 pair of socks to last longer than a 12 pack of equivalently priced socks from Target. Good product that works but a major quality issue that doesn't match the price point.
1010 comments107 of 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2011
Last year I walked in the 39.3 mile Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (DC) and walked away with 20+ blisters on my feet. No matter how I prepped or bandaged my feet, blisters were inevitable. I purchased these socks for this year's walk (which occurred this past weekend) as I figured I had nothing to lose...Guess what?! After all 39.3 miles not a single blister!! Simply unbelievable! :)
11 comment41 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I originally bought a pair of Injinji Tetrasocks a couple of years ago to replace the thin silk liners that I wore under my heavy wool hiking socks while backpacking. I wasn't sure whether or not they would work at first. The company's marketing campaign at the time was pretty much geared toward long-distance runners, and the number of different types of socks they offered was very small. The ones I bought were a little too thick to use as liners (the company now offers an ultra-thin sock just for that purpose). But I decided to give them a try anyway, and I'm sure glad I did. They worked like a charm. Injinji's claims of eliminating blisters turned out to be absolutely true, at least in my case. Wearing them, I never got a blister while backpacking over very rugged terrain in the mountains of the Southwestern U.S.--something that I can't say about my old silk liners.

That experience led me to try them for everyday use. Having done so, I'm even more impressed, to the extent that I am now in the process of replacing ALL of my regular socks with Tetrasocks. They are very well-made, durable, comfortable, liberating and suitable for any and all uses--walking, running, lounging, traveling or just for warmth on cold winter nights. They come in three lengths--Micro, Mini-Crew and Crew. The Micros are REALLY short and the Crews are pretty long--I find the Mini-Crew to be just right.

Tetrasocks are an ingenious product that really does live up to the hype, and Injinji is constantly expanding the line. Business must be good. I recommend them highly.
0Comment35 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
I've bought multiple pairs of this sock, along with the one of the other lightweights that says injinji one the top of one foot instead of the ankle. I prefer them to regular socks, whether I'm wearing separated toe shoes or not.

Pros:They are comfortable, seem fairly durable, and dry pretty fast. Reduces friction between toes thus reducing problems like blisters. When my feet get sweaty, toes aren't slippery when they rub together. Did I mention dries pretty fast?

They make Vibram Fivefingers shoes fit more snug which could be a pro or con.

Cons: Much more expensive than normal socks, white seems to get dirtier easier. They take longer to put on and and take off, and I seem to have a tendency to lose them more often in the wash compared to other socks. The build quality is hit or miss. One pair has held up fine 1 1/2 years+ and counting, and another has a small hole on the stitching on the inside of the heel after like a month (hasn't spread but it's there.) I'm taking a star away for this because this sort of thing has happened on more than one sock.

Overall, a great sock. I really appreciate great socks, and am willing to pay extra to get them. I own other "expensive" poly sport socks such as Under Armor and the like, and I have to say that the injinji is the better choice. An increase in quality control would earn one more star. A better price would bring the 5th star. I do strongly recommend these socks, with the condition that consideration be given to the negatives that I've highlighted.
0Comment21 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 23, 2009
I studied reviews about Injinji online before I bought these to go on a strenuous 10 mile hike in the North Georgia Mountains - My first hike ever by the way. needed a sock that would help prevent blisters/pain as I have the world's most sensitive feet hands down! I get blisters even when walking.

Reviews were promising so...I got 2 pairs of socks, wasn't used to the "toes", so I wore them 2 days before the hike, just in case, to get a feel for them.

You must know - THESE ARE THE BEST DARN SOCKS!!! I wore my favorite KEEN hiking sandals - womens size 10.5 (usually wear size 10) my foot seemed to slide around a bit, these socks kept my feet warm yet cool, comfortable and cushioned (yes cushioned) and NO BLISTERS - NOT EVEN A HINT. They stay conformed to the shape of your foot and do not roll down. I wore the NUWOOL crew socks up the mountain and CoolMax mini crew socks back down the mountain. Best performance socks for the money and got lots of compliments from other!
on July 1, 2009
I have problems getting blisters on my fourth toes because they sort of curl underneath my middle toes when I run. This totally solved the problem! I had tried toe separators and athletic tape in a variety of different ways, but these socks did the trick. I've run in them several times and they're holding up really well.
on May 15, 2007
These are the best running socks out there, by far. Before using them, I constantly got blisters between my toes from running due to my toes rubbing together. I tried everything - anti-blister socks, anti-blister lubricants...but nothing worked. Injinji socks are the first real solution to preventing blisters between your toes and are an ingenious concept. They are also the highest quality toe socks out there. I highly recommend them.
on January 19, 2010
These work like a charm with my Vibram 5-Finger Sprint shoes. The pinky toes are a little long, but it makes no difference to my ability to slip them on under the Vibrams, so don't worry about a perfect toe fit.

I wore these recently while running with my Vibrams in 30-something degree weather. I never noticed any coldness in my feet, and normally, I'm quite sensitive to cold.
on January 21, 2010
Don't hesitate another minute to buy this sock if the price has you stuck! A solid running sock will cost this much and these socks are great. Perfect in regular shoes and a must for Vibrams. I ran a 50k in then with temps in low 20's. Feet stayed warm and no blisters. They do feel a bit weird at first but you quickly become used to them and they feel very comfortable!
I have purchased Injinji socks before and loved them, so my expectations were high. These socks lived up to my expectations. These socks are very comfortable. Size small fit my size 7.5 feet perfectly. They are original regular weight (not lightweight). I like black color that goes with everything. These socks feel like a very high quality product!

Size info for for small size: men shoe size 5-7.5, women shoe size 6-8.5

The socks reach about an inch above my ankle, they fit the toes very comfortably without loose material. I get blisters between my pinky and fourth toe when I walk, but I never get blisters when I wear these toe socks. They get even more comfortable after a couple of wearing as they seem to remember the shape to your toes.

I am attaching a photos showing the socks on my feet. I highly recommend these socks!
review image