Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 5, 2013
I will tell you the truth: I was brainwashed by HP and Canon. I truely thought that I had to buy OEM/company brand and patented ink so the printer would function like it was supposed to (no clogs, color quality, dry time, etc). I have thought that for years. So everytime I ran out of ink in a printer, in all honesty, I would go to Walmart and buy another one for 30 dollars. It makes plenty of sense, since ink from HP for color and black is equal if not greater than that price- for standard and not extra large capacity!! And Canon, wow, don't get me started. My printer has 5 cartridges, starting at $16.00 a piece, but up to 22.00 for the large black cartridge.

So, as soon as my Canon INSTANTLY stopped working when the ink ran out, I needed a quick fix and fast. Unfortunely, I didn't have much money to buy the Canon ink and have it shipped to me pronto. I chose INK4WORK and was expecting a mediocre product with mediocre shipping (was told 7-9 days, and my school cannot wait that long but I have no choice).

Okay, so I checked the mail today and to my surprise it was there, only a few days after ordering. I realize they shipped from Walnut, CA, and I live in Hemet, CA. But there was a holiday between my order (July 4th). I am overjoyous right now since it came just in time for my school work.

Opened the envelope, everything seemed there. I opened the printer to unload the old and upload the new. I did run into a slight problem, however, with the cartridges spilling ink EVERYWHERE when I opened the plastic deal on the bottom and peeling the sticker off of the top like the instructions showed me. Luckily I was in my paint/junk clothes or I would have been very furious if otherwise. I blame the weather affecting the cartridges because it has not been below 90* where I live in the past several weeks. It was 105 the other day. The heat caused pressure in the cartridges and the ink to spill out of the sponge on the bottom and all over the cartridges. It is inevitable this time of year and this place. If you live in a hot climate/the desert, WEAR GLOVES and OPEN OVER TRASH BAG AND PAPER TOWELS ON TOP OF THAT. You have been warned, my clothes and hands right now are witnesses to that.

Okay, so I replaced the old cartridges with the new ones after wiping the new ones down. My main issues were compatibility and color similarity, as well as dry time.

The printer instantly recognised these non-OEM cartridges, as if they were OEM, plug and play- great.

I compared old reports that I have printed from school with newly printed pages. Color is very similar in look/colors, so similar I cannot tell the difference- okay passed that test.

Dry time= Faster dry time than OEM/Canon ink. I did the notorious smudge test with the fingertip immediately after print. Ink did not smudge for me, it was dry, almost instantly.

I have read many reviews and listened to skeptics and have come to the conclusion that Canon and HP ink is a total SCAM and rip off. They make their money off of the ink they sell, and make a mediocre amount off of their printers. This product, besides the ink mishap, changed my mind and I will be buying from INK4WORK in the future when I run out of ink again. I am happy with the shipper, fair price, and the product.

Thank you!
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2013
The ink for my Mx922 had run out. I bought this printer for the features and the price (both good), but I usually buy a printer for its cheap generic ink. It looked like I was going to be stuck with name brand ink, but I waited a day or two and this and one other generic option became available. For just a few dollars more than the brand name cost on one ink tank, I could get all five. I was a little nervous when I replaced the blue blinking cartridge, but I needn't have been--these have the led to let you know (or at least to make you believe) they are communicating properly with the printer. So far, I've only used the blue, but it popped in like a name brand and it has so far played nice with the printer. The color reproduction is great--it looks as good as the name brand ink to me. I'll update this if additional ink tanks prove to be a problem. I wish these were even cheaper when I see the generic prices of ink for some of the other printers, but I can't really complain about the quality or function. So far, these have been a good purchase.
on August 3, 2013
Perfect.......worked at well as OEM ink at half the price. Will order again for sure!!

No issues with the printer stating that the cartridge was low like other re-man cartridges.

Very happy
on July 4, 2013
These are a great value item for your money. This product work great and would recommend anyone to try them.
on August 9, 2013
Fit well, arrived on time, well packaged.
my canon MG5420 recognized the ink.
However the print is not as true to color, when printing pictures.
Compared 2 of the same prints, one from another source, which matched my computer picture, perfectly, and then the one done with this ink, not the same.
If you aren't real picky about depth of color, and are not using to print pictures, this is a great buy.
on February 21, 2014
I was very disappointed in the quality of this product. When my husband tried to install the ink, it leaked very badly. Plus some of the cartridges did not have the needed clips to secure it into the printer.
I was hoping for the kind of performance other reviews received. But not this time.
I will not be buying this ink again.
on October 18, 2013
These appear to work as well as Canon cartridges at a fraction of the cost. I will purchase these again.
on April 21, 2014
I've tried other generic ink before with great success, however this one is terrible! I replaced the larger black ink cartridge and ink went everywhere - on the floor, on my hands, and on my shoes! I have no idea how much ink was lost or how many fewer copies will be printed because of this. Then about a month later I replaced the magenta cartridge and at first I thought all was ok, Then got an error message on the screen that the printer could not recognize the cartridge in the magenta slot. So now I'm stuck for two days until my "Cannon" ink cartridges arrive. Yes, they are a lot more expensive, but at least they work! I feel totally ripped off even if it's not a huge $ amount!
on June 24, 2015
Inexpensive set of ink which works just as well as the more expensive ones. Two issues to be aware of:
- there's no Gray color ink in the package
- there seems to be more of a tendency to leak ink during installation than with the name brand, but I've learned to avoid that by careful handling
on April 25, 2014
As other users' reviews have indicated, the ink will likely leak out as soon as you take off the plastic "keeper". And even though I was prepared for this to happen, I still got ink all over my fingers. Unfortunately the problems didn't stop there; the MG5420 printer informed me that it "does not recognize the cartridge". 3rd-party ink cartridges have had a bad reputation for years, and this one carries on that tradition. Amazon should discontinue offering this junk.