Is there a way to install Adobe Flash Player? I can't install adobe flash player on this android 2.2, anybody knows how?
asked by GJ of LB on September 2, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
vote
Sorry, D. Lewis, that is not correct. Adobe Flash Player works on most devices with Android 2.2. I have Adobe Flash Player 11.0 on my Samsung Infuse, and I am certain I had Flash on my LG Optimus V, also. You simply go to the Android Market and download it like any other app.
Raymond Perry answered on October 12, 2011

A
vote
^^Both are wrong but Raymond is "less" wrong. You can find workarounds like Skyfire app but this phone doesn't have the right chipset for Flash to run properly. From what I've heard it doesn't run very well on any phones currently but that's something for Adobe to work out.
G. Rubin answered on October 17, 2011

A
vote
Maybe I am totally misunderstanding the question. I have in my hand my Samsung Infuse 4G. It is running Froyo, Android 2.2.1. I installed Adobe Flash Player 10.2 or 10.3 from the standard Android Market when I got the phone a couple of months. It has since been updated to Adobe Flash Player 11.0. I am looking at in Settings>Applications>Manage Applications right now. If I go to the Android Market and go to Adobe Flash Player it tells me it is already installed. So it runs just fine on Android 2.2. I can't swear to it, but I thought I also loaded it on the LG Optimus V I had for a month or so just before I got the Infuse. BTW, I thought the Optimus and Virgin Mobile were a GREAT combination. The only reason I took the Optimus back got the Infuse was that my wife declared that we were staying with ATT. I may yet pick up another LG just for the wifi hotspot capability that can be activated using the Quick Settings app (Menu button>Customize>Hidden Settings).
Raymond Perry answered on October 17, 2011

A
votes
Officially, this phone doesn't have flash since it is an ARMv6 processor. If you go to the Android Market with this specific phone, flash will not show up. That said, if you go to the androidcentral.com forums, there are builds for Flash 10.2 and Flash 11 that will install and work on some sites (but others crash the phone).

I wouldn't buy this phone if flash is essential, but it can be made to work if you want to try it out or experiment. Other phones, such as the Motorola Triumph for VM do have supported Flash (available from the Android market).
Amazon Customer answered on December 7, 2011

A
votes
Flash is not meant for phones. It is for computers. It will never work. If there was flash it would lag ridiculously.
D. Lewis answered on September 15, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›