Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Can I install this on my Windows XP computer and make it WIndows 7? How much space does it use? THanks!
asked by Catherine Emily on March 27, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Hi

Really depends on the age of your machine. This version is for system builders, meaning you'd have to wipe windows xp and install win7 fresh. This won't upgrade an existing windows installation.

If your machine is older than 4 years, I'd suggest a new machine.

The install took 15gb of my hard disk
antoniosk answered on March 27, 2013
Comments (2) | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Here's a link from microsoft on your question.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/system-requirements

Windows XP debuted in 2001. Microsoft Discontinued the OEM's for Windows XP in 2008. So at a glance without your system specs. I'd say your computer is at least 5 years old. Rather or not you can install it "I'd say you probably shouldn't unless you meet the recommended(not required) system requirements.
michael answered on March 27, 2013
Comment (1) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I agree with what A.Karantze said and make sure before you do this that you backup all of your important documents, pictures and music before wiping your system because once you wipe your system you can't get anything back. I hope this helps you with your decision
Rick Shearer answered on March 28, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 7, 2014 4:25:12 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product