Does the 2nd install HAVE to be on a porrtable computer? I want to buy this for my office PC, but I'd like to install the second copy on my home PC, not on my laptop. Will the installation routine restrict me from doing this?
asked by John M. on June 12, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I have installed on two machines with no problem - both from the same location.
The discussions that I saw for Office 2007 indicate that no one had a problem installing on two machines regardless of location. Also - the Home and Student version allows installation on three machines.

The Agreement for Office 2007 says:
INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the "licensed device." A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device.
a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed device.
b. Portable Device. You may install another copy on a portable device for use by the single primary user of the licensed device.

I assume that it will be the same for Office 2010.

Good Luck
Amazon Customer answered on June 13, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My wife and I share a desktop pc with our own user accounts. Currently we use Office 2003 and have separate Outlook accounts. The licensing for 2010 is very confusing. I hope we can install a single license on our desktop, and still have two unique logins without having to purchase multiple licenses on a single computer. On our laptop, that we also share, it sounds like only one of us can have a valid license. Unless, I am totally misunderstanding Microsoft's definition of one user. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks.
LarryW answered on July 21, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
what does it mean by portable device? My laptop is my primary and I guess by nature it is "portable" and my desktop is stationary and secondary. Do they mean my desktop should be my primary install location?

Confused. Thanks for your help.
Christina Ann answered on June 22, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Doesn't matter Christina, you can install it in any order regardless of the fact if it's a primary or secondary i.e portable. Just as long as it's just on two PCs. Hope that helps.
Asim Naeem Qureshi answered on July 8, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why hasn't anyone fussed about Outlook being carved off of Office 2010 in Student edition? What a crock ! M$ rules the world, and everyone let them. Let me have WordPerfect any day.
Richard H. Howard-Smith answered on July 25, 2010
Comment | 3 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, John!
John M. answered on June 13, 2010
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I love WordPerfect! Reveal Codes is a great feature!
ShadyLady answered on May 5, 2012
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›