can i install xbmc on this device by putting it on a sd card and plug it in to the unit?
asked by Shahram Peyman on January 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
yes you can, all you need to do is download xbmc .akp and put in on your SD card, and then you can install it right from the card...
Ves B. answered on January 29, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cant say yes or no for sure, but the device i got has the a10s. if the image you are using is made specifically for an a10 there is a good chance it wont work. also not sure if they will send you an a10 or a10s, but probably the s
Amazon Customer answered on January 26, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have no idea! I just googled "xbmc MK802II" and there's a ton of youtube videos out there of people doing it! Also, I know someone has gotten cyanogen updates to work on it. dude, google that stuff. People are doing all kinds of things with their MK802's. I mostly just watch movies on it, youtube, FB, stuff like that.
B. Torres answered on January 26, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can install xbmc on the device and run it as an app. you will need to download the .apk (not in the google play store) and sideload it. works well. I think they are working on a bootable xbmc, but i don't really know.
C. Draper answered on January 27, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
sideloading is when you download an app as a file and install it on a standalone basis. You get the app file for xbmc from here:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/android/xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc3-armeabi-v7a.apk

and download that" xbmc-12.0-Frodo_rc3-armeabi-v7a.apk" file somewhere on your MK802 computer, click on it and install it. You will need to check your "settings" section (probably in the security settings, sorry, I don't have my MK802 handy) to make sure you call install third party software (meaning not from google play or amazon app store). It should install and you can run the xbmc app. I tried it yesterday and worked well. Good luck.
C. Draper answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the answer is no. you cannot install anything but xbmc remote on your android mk802.
Eric Forrest answered on January 27, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product