Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (32GB, Deep Grey)
Used & New from: $219.99
Can I play Amazon instant video on the samsung note 10.1, and download books similar to Kindle fire?
asked by MikeM on August 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
If you use the stock browser that comes with it and have flash installed, you can watch Amazon Prime videos beautifully! I know because I have Prime and use it all the time. I think they must have updated the player or something because a while back I tried to watch Prime on my Galaxy 10.1 and it was horrible. Maybe the Note 10.1 has a better browser for Amazon Prime, but it works great.
Trikker1 answered on October 26, 2012
Comments (2) | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is a kindle app you can download. so books are no problem. I will let you know about Amazon instant video after I try it tonight!
Ali answered on September 4, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can download books and audible books using the kindle and audible apps, but there is currently no official way to watch the Amazon instant video on any android device. I'm really hoping this changes soon! I say there's no official way because there's no app for instant video on Android and it's not listed on the supported products by Amazon. That being said, I've been researching into this and read that if you go look for a download of Adobe flash (no longer available from Google Play, you have to download an old version and install yourself) and try to play from a web browser in desktop view with Flash installed, then you can get it to play instant videos in your browser while connected to the internet. You cannot download the videos and watch later (there's no Unbox app, which is required to download and watch later). Google Play does sell movies as an alternative.

Update--I can confirm that I was able to download the flash player apk file, install it on my device, launch the web browser in desktop view, and watch Amazon instant video in the browser. The quality was pretty good.
SirenPrincess answered on September 18, 2012
Comment (1) | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, see here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1774336 . Works with Firefox Beta and Flash 11.1.115.36, haven't tried Opera. Chrome doesn't support Flash. Install the Auto Full Screen Firefox add-on and you can watch videos in full screen without the nav bar.

Flash Archive, http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html . Choose 11.1.115.36.
ottodog answered on January 26, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Anyone having trouble playing videos on Amazon after the new software update?
M. West answered on February 19, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes to both.
mm answered on November 16, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
can I play amazon instant video on samsung note 8?
Amazon Customer answered on April 19, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
can i watch my amazon movies on my samsung note 2
Amazon Customer answered on August 11, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, both work very well. :-)
tjsfastcat answered on February 11, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product