I'm interested in buying a SLR primarily for portrait photography for my own kids. Would you recommend this camera or a different model?
asked by Georgia Peach on June 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
This camera would be perfect for what you want it for reason being its small and near for a dslr and remember this model has the wifi capabilities for portrait now you can put your self in the picture :)
Phill Sharpe answered on June 2, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Either the D3200 or the D3100 would work well. They both have auto settings for portraits. I love my Nikon cameras!
CATHY L JONES answered on June 2, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes of course. This camera is the best in Nikon D series,but I don't reccomend with 18-55 lens.
Mihran answered on June 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I gave this to my daughter and she loves taking pictures of the kids! Quality is superb!
hitori answered on June 2, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Peach, for portraits you want to use a 70mm lens, or greater. I guess that it's just an odd thing about portraits and how the lens works and the shape of the face. Otherwise, the D3200 is a very nice light weight camera. I purchased two of them, for my daughters and they work well.
wgreen@rwparsons.com answered on June 4, 2013

A
This is great quality. I have blown up many photos taken from this camera and they look great. Easy to use. I definitely recommend this model.
redcellogirl answered on June 9, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›