Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more
Will this work if we on internet in Mexico and have wireless internet in USA on and a light plugged into belkin can we turn it on and off from iPad in
asked by Jerry Chancy on December 20, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Absolutely. I've turned things on and off from China.
Anthony Nicholls answered on December 20, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As long as it's online, you can control it from anywhere.
Patrick Finger answered on December 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I could see the switch online on my phone when I'm in Germany and also could turn the switch on/off via the cell phone network.
So I think it should work as you inquired.
C. Goebel answered on December 20, 2012

A
If you get the WeMo to work and stay working it should do just fine. But there have been a number of people who have not been able to make it work and some others who can not make it continue to work
T. Bohacek answered on December 20, 2012

A
Yeah this can work once you have access to your router outside your network that this device is connected to and you should be fine
Islandboii answered on December 20, 2012

A
As long as your home maintains its internet connection you can turn on/off from anywhere.
David Williams answered on December 21, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, but be sure to press refresh the button first (the small button on the top left with a circular arrow). This helps ensure that what you see on the display accurately reflects the state of the switches. I failed to do this a few times when I first purchased the Wemo and discovered I was turning the device 'on' instead of 'off' which I intended.

Consider making a 'rule' to avoid this (should you forget to refresh the button state); Program your lamp to turn on and off at specified times.
Pierce P. answered on January 3, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, you can definitely control it anytime, anywhere as long as the WeMo devices and your handheld is online.
Belkin answered on July 17, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product