4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish mp3 player
Except for the battery life it's a good option. Original design, great sound and very portable.
Published on September 13, 2005 by Humberto P. Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mp3 player
With my phone, pda, wallet, keys took up most of my pockets' space, the iRiver N10 was just what I were looking for.

Published on May 19, 2005 by Bob

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish mp3 player, September 13, 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Good mp3 player, May 19, 2005
This review is from: iriver N10 512 MB Flash Portable MP3 player (Electronics)

I was on the verge of purchasing the Sony E507 when I came across a review of the iRiver N10 by total accident. Although the Sony has a much longer battery life (50 hours to 10 hours), I was immediately charmed by N10's necklace form factor, usb charge, and most of all the capability to use it as an ums device with the lastest firmware.

After 3 days of waiting (I ordered from Amazon with 2 days shipping), my first impression of the N10 was one of disappointment. The player is quite big (for a pendant), and it came in one of those "blister" packaging. It is made from shiny plastic which looks cool, but is very finger print prone. The OLED screen fills just a fraction of the mirror like front, and is off to one side, not centered. A major flaw of the screen is the fact that it is unreadable under daylight. In other words, the N10 becomes an Ipod Shuffle when one uses it outdoor. The necklace could had been designed with better materials so it wouldn't look like I'm wearing an electric cord around my neck. Another complaint dwells upon the stock earbuds. They come in only one size and is quite big, could be uncomfortable for people with small ears. With other players, this is not a major problem, but for the N10, since the earphones are part of the whole design, iRiver should had provided replaceable buds of various sizes.

Okay, enough of negative comments, there are quite a lot to like about the N10 too. Living up to iRiver's fame, the audio is excellent. The sound is very clean, accurate, and loud. Charging versus USB was a breeze, a little over one hour from full discharge. With the little adapter and the latest firmware upgrade, the N10 can be used as a USB flash drive. There are a lot of tweaks hidden in the menu (press and hold M to access the menu). The player looks very classy, one will not feel uncomfortable wearing it in a business environment (with your own necklace ofcourse).

I am going to award the iRiver N10 3 out of 5 stars. Subtract 2 stars for the screen, earbuds, and necklace material. This doesn't mean that I don't like the player, in fact I love it, it just that it could had been done better.

5.0 out of 5 stars 0_0... something that i have waited for ... for 7 months!!!, June 27, 2005
A Kid's Review
This review is from: iriver N10 512 MB Flash Portable MP3 player (Electronics)
haha ok.. yeah i'm not really 13 or under... but i'm sixteen... and believe me in my whole year in school... in my marketing class we had presentations to do... and i had my fair share of researching mp3 players... 0_0... not that i say that i'm a whiz at it.. i just did alot of research.. and though other mp3 players do seem tempting... like the sony e407 or e507... i still chose this one over all of it... the reason why is not only of its features.. but the fact that i can wear it on my neck... no i know the previous reviewer did have problems with the size of the actual player and such... but it doesn't look so bad... in Asia, the n10 comes in a variety of colors.. red and white.. not like its much of a difference but it still is really nice. This player also won best style of the year 2005. and it is an alarm clock too, and the displays that it has when its playing,it makes it the ideal player for a person that moves around alot because theres no headphone cord to tangle with anything like a headset and other things... ^_ ^ plus its awsome to listen to in school...

yeah i had my eyes on this mp3 player for quite some time... i listen to korean music so that was how i was introduced to it..

for pictures of the n10 and how it looks when people wear it go to

[...]

hopefully my review helped you!!

^_^ have a nice day

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 flaws...everything else is great, July 21, 2005
Thomas Lee "kmchipower" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iriver N10 512 MB Flash Portable MP3 player (Electronics)
Great sound. I love how the necklace keeps my pocket uncluttered and the wires untangled. A lot of options. Blah blah blah everything is great, except...

1. the player is shaky when it comes to playing vbr (variable bit rate) mp3s. Sometimes it plays them perfectly, sometimes you hear it struggling, and sometimes the song gets cut off.

2. you can't see anything on the screen on a bright sunny day.

3. the battery life is very mediocre.

i still recommend this player though. There are a lot of positives that I'm too lazy to list here.

Rate and Discover Movies