is it an HDCP stripper?
asked by muhmee on June 18, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
It's not a HDCP stripper, more of a HDCP work-around. Using 2 of these boxes is allowing me to bypass the HDCP unit that was preventing me from sending a clean signal to two HDTVs. Using just one boxes resulted in one of the two HDTVs having a black and white image.
Jeremiah answered on June 18, 2013
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There are devices out there that *look* like this device which will strip out HDCP, but the one I currently own does NOT strip HDCP regularly. If the device is switched off and on again rapidly, it occasionally skips the signal check and passes the signal through, but there is no definitive way to get it to stay in that state.

I did find a device that works, and you can read about it here: http://mercianmedia.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/how-to-send-hdcp-encrypted-signals-to-non-hdcp-devices/
OTFD2010 answered on August 13, 2013
Comments (5) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am not sure if it is stripping HDCP (although I think it may be), but it allows me to use a Slingbox 500 using only an HDMI connection. Without placing this ViewHD device between my Tivo and the Slingbox, I had HDCP error messages on all of my copy protected channels and could view them only with a component connection.
Rangerfan answered on September 8, 2013
Comments (2) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It takes off copyright protection so you can record over hdmi.
Zach C. answered on December 8, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have no input to share regarding this question.
J. Jones answered on June 18, 2013
Comment | 3 of 36 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've never heard of an HDCP stripper. I actually have the 1X4 HDMI splitter.
Carl W answered on June 21, 2013
Comment | 0 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product