BusinessSolutions Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Summer Twins All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Save on DIY Home Updates Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games

is it colored inside?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 21, 2010 2:42:50 AM PDT
Li Jing says:
Does it have the colore picture inside the book?

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 8:46:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2011 8:47:47 AM PDT
L. Pinho says:
You probably don't care anymore but yes it is. I got my copy from B&N and i wanted to see how other people responded to it. But so far I like it :)

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 8:47:57 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 23, 2011 8:48:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 4:27:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2012 4:59:42 PM PST
itsmi says:
hey, exactly the question came across my mind too reading all those comments! can u pls tell me which edition ur talking about there?
in specific, i'd like to know if it's colored pictures for the pocket edition. thanks!
ps. B&N has the paper edition whereas amazon has the pocket edition. debating which one to get now. any comment will be greatly appreciated.
less than $5 difference in the two editions: pocket edition is easier to carry around or to a trip but i read that the paperback edition is full-size and seem to have better paper/print quality.

ok, a bit googling and here's what i found:

pocket edition: 335 colour illustrations, 56 black and white illustrations
paperback: 376 colour illustrations, 64 black and white illustrations + 6 Foldouts

not sure why the difference. seems the paperback edition has more illustrations

Preface to the pocket edition

"The text itself remains identical to that of the sixteenth edition and all of the images illustrated there are included here. Only the very astute reader may notice that the small illustration 'sign-offs' that the author used previously at the end of each chapter, but did not refer to in his story, are missing from this edition as in this layout they would have served no purpose. "

‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 21, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Story of Art
The Story of Art by E. H. Gombrich (Paperback - Sept. 1995)
4.7 out of 5 stars (111)