Customer Discussions > LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 forum

is it safe for kids?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 11, 2008 6:53:04 PM PST
Johnny C. says:
We are considering getting this game but I have no experience with online games and how safe they are for kids. Can someone online invite my kids into their pod...and then what happens? I see people have bought this game for their kids...is there a safe mode? A filter where you can only invite friends? Is this a featuer that has been discussed as Little Big Planet looks like a kids game but it sounds like tons of adults like it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2008 2:30:11 PM PST
MickeyJoe says:
Look for my review as I address the parental aspects.

People don't just show up in your "pod", they see you in a game level, and may ask to follow you. Unless you have a keyboard or bluetooth, it's not too easy to communicate. But, even so, if the worst of the worse is allowed to follow, you are still safe. If the child does not have the common sense to keep their information private, then that child should not be unmonitored in anything in their life. You can also block the person, or kick them from a game. But, that never happens. It's not just a game for kids, it's a game for everyone.

Your other option is to simply disconnect the internet from the unit as the game is fully playable without online access.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2008 5:00:08 PM PST
A. Ceffalio says:
Thanks for the information. That is what I was looking for.
Amber

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2008 8:05:34 PM PST
Joel Ford says:
Just as a side note, I've noticed that the Little Big Planet interface invites no fowl language or otherwise offensive communication. Online gaming in LBP consists of goofy romps through strange levels and the occasionally return to a user's pod for decorating, slapping, and making silly faces. Actual communication is minimal, usually.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 2:57:30 PM PDT
carpe diem says:
I stopped allowing my 9 year old to play while connected. Many places he ended up in were highly inaproppriate (death row? With electric chair?). I have seen curse words in several instances. People who were clearly adults were asking to follow/ join him and he was getting more messages from people that I don't know than I do in my own email. Makiing your own stuff might be interesting, but he always seemed to end up spending alot of time hanging out with others, just slapping them and getting slapped or hit on the head with something. Not a fan.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2008
Latest post:  Sep 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3
LittleBigPlanet - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (402)