Customer Discussions > Metroid Prime 3: Corruption forum

is this game for christians

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2007 3:19:28 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 26, 2008 1:39:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2007 4:22:24 PM PST
Yeah! The game is great, and I would recommend it to anyone, this game should probably be rated E10+ ;-D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2007 9:45:47 AM PST
Frank Kelley says:
You KILL things! Is this for Christians?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2007 3:11:03 PM PST
Ranger says:
um hello.... christian's kill...

one word... Crusades.

This game is cartooney. a 13 year old would love it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2008 9:22:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2008 9:22:38 AM PST
Fred says:
Yes. It is a first person shooter, but if you're fine with that, then it's OK. You shoot them, some die and fall over, others explode.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 10:14:16 AM PST
R. Brenner says:
If someone has to ask "Is this for christians" You probably just shouldn't buy it. Don't a get a wii, don't do anything other than read your bible, because that's what your good at.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 12:12:04 PM PST
C. BECKNELL says:
WOW. Was that really called for? I see nothing wrong with asking for input before buying a game for a child. Your input was not necessary or useful in any way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2008 1:22:04 PM PST
R. Brenner says:
If you read my post from above, does it sound to you like I care?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2008 4:32:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2008 4:33:04 AM PST
B.D. says:
Hey Will Bullard, the crusades are still going on? Could have swore they ended about 800 years ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2008 12:36:39 PM PST
J. Meyer says:
I would say that it really depends on what your moral limits are. If you are okay with your teenager playing a shooting game in a not-even-close to real world and not killing humanoids, than you are fine. Personally, I don't see an issue with it. It does not carry the same moral stigma that the Grand Theft Auto series carries.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2008 5:51:42 AM PST
video gamer says:
me too, i was wondering if this game is ok for a 10 year old. I have played lots of other games like this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2008 10:31:02 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 22, 2008 10:33:05 AM PST]

Posted on Apr 4, 2009 3:56:21 PM PDT
Vocaloid says:
"Is this game for Christian's". The majority of game released aren't christian games. If your asking about the "content" of the game, then yea. If you like shooting alien-like creatures and stuff in a sci-fi like world, that is. Read the content of the game and decide if it's the right one for you. It comes down to your personal taste and moral belief. As far as I know there's no huge amount of gore in this game, your just zapping stuff or shooting with a gun, or rolling into a ball. There's plenty of website available that go into the detail of games.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 1:42:29 AM PDT
Jack Napier says:
There's not any blood-saturated violence in this game; it's a Nintendo title after all. Secondly, you play the role of a bounty hunter whose job is to vanquish an evil alien menace. So in that sense, I'd say this game is about as anti-christian as a game where you kill Nazis.

Posted on Apr 14, 2009 9:43:58 AM PDT
Eric R. says:
Yep. Good for Christians. Doesn't have as much rape and incest as the Old Testament has, but what really does anymore?

Posted on May 21, 2009 2:03:59 PM PDT
the bible is 1000 times worse than this game and if you think ti isnt go read it and get back to me

Posted on Jun 22, 2009 7:36:55 AM PDT
D.B. says:
Hey, I'm a Christian! Yes, yes I am. I love this game. It's my favorite Wii game I have.(And I have alot!) It should be rated E10+, not T, though. When you shoot stuff, sometimes yellow blobs of gunk come out, but it isn't blood. Or they might explode, or dissinigrate. In one point in the game though, in Valhalla G.F.S., there are dead troooper bodies (in their trooper uniforms!) and if you scan them it tells how they died, and if you shoot them, they dissinigrate into black ash. Sometimes there are also some creepy alien carcasses that are the same, but they look pretty creepy, even to a 13 year old. But I think that this game is good okay for Christians, and it also has almost a Christian representation. Bassically there is corruption that can take over people, if they don't controll it. It's the same with sin. Sin can take control of you're life too, if you don't make effort to stop it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010 1:40:36 AM PDT
KF says:
Oh man that was an awesome reply! You could write for the Colbert Report!

Posted on May 3, 2010 9:19:29 AM PDT
Sam Marino says:
Just look at it this way, the bad guys are Satan and you use all your power to stop him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2010 5:51:04 PM PDT
Kari Regier says:
That was EXTREMELY un-called for. we're not as stupid as you think. and besides, we dont sit around reading our bibles all day!

Posted on Jun 13, 2010 5:54:42 PM PDT
Kari Regier says:
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!! are you crazy?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2010 6:18:45 PM PDT
Sam Marino says:
the bible is the best thing you can read, DENNIS.

Posted on Mar 8, 2011 3:21:29 AM PST
What does the statement "Is this for Christians" even mean? As opposed to "for Atheists, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, etc"? What would a game for those other, marginal people be like? If this is a question of violence, then do "games for atheists" revolve around being violent and immoral? Your question makes no sense unless you qualify it and explain what you're actually asking.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 7:23:52 PM PDT
Jigen says:
@Sam Marino: The bible is the best book you can read only if it's the only book you ever read.

Otherwise, welcome to http://amazon.com. Hundreds of thousands of books all better than the bible. For Christ's sake, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 8:32:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 19, 2013 8:33:39 AM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (191)