Why isn't this listed as compatible with iMacs?
asked by Lance Washington on January 22, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Yes the superdrive is compatible with iMACS through the USB drive. You can find out more through apple.com/support/iMACS.
Coach205 answered on January 22, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well I currently have a mac mini and it works, but here is where you can find more info out : http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MD564ZM/A?pqid=Q9XPHADUF7AD97D7J4HH7FX2DFD4PPH9X9UT99TATKCDUTTY7
B. Friesen answered on January 22, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To the best of my knowledge it IS listed as compatible with laptops like Mac Air. That is, machines WITHOUT a dvd drive. It IS a bit ambiguous, that's how I made the mistake myself when I wanted to use it with my MacBook Pro--not compatible.
Raymond J Lepper answered on January 22, 2013

A
I believe it is only supposed to be compatible with Mac computers that do not come with an installed disc drive already.... Mac Mini and MacBook Air come to mind...
daniel clark answered on January 22, 2013

A
I believe Raymond is correct... however, if you're willing to tinker it might be able to be made to work. Google it a bit and you should be able to find instructions for changing a .plist file which might allow it to work. It worked for me on a 13" MBP. I think this is what I used -- http://www.hardturm.ch/luz/2011/10/how-to-make-the-macbook-air-superdrive-work-with-any-mac/
darek jansen answered on January 22, 2013

A
My assumption to this question would be that the iMac has a Drive and they didn't make it for the iMac.
Nikki answered on January 23, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›