Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 24, 2010 10:29:56 AM PDT
is smallville really going to end after season 10?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2010 7:43:55 PM PDT
Yes. It has been confirmed by the CW, Tom Welling and the show runners. But Clark will definitely be Superman by series end.

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 6:13:03 PM PDT
I don't know why they are ending it. It is such a popular show and is watched worldwide. They could keep it going for ages if they really wanted to. I wonder what else they will come up with to replace Smallville.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2010 2:32:45 AM PST
Koby Dill says:
Actually you are wrong. Viewership has dropped dramatically.

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 7:55:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2011 4:33:10 AM PDT
S. R. C. says:
After watching this season so far (even though I really love this show) it's time for it to come to an end.
The actors seem to be going through the motions (except for Erica (Lois) who is still "perky".
There is no real loving connection between Clark and Lois and the story lines are choppy. Also, hard to follow at times, possibly because they anxious to be done with it???!
Very disappointed so far. Was hoping that the writers wouldn't pull a "Lost" and fall flat.
It's been a great 10 years Smallville but I believe it IS time to head down the trail towards the sunset. Hopefully with Clark in his tights and cape.....with Lois in his arms. :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2010 11:01:28 PM PST
Lanny says:
I agree. It is time for the show to be over. However, it will be a big flop if they don't do a finale with the Clark flying in the cape with Lois.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 6:57:11 AM PST
S. R. C. says:
The shows in the beginning were spectacular...so much action and I applaud them for all their hard work over the years... I don't know how they did it...[claps heartily]. Thank you for 10 years of enjoyment. :) :) :) :)

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 10:59:34 PM PST
R. Lusk says:
Actually, she's not wrong. Ratings have risen dramatically for Smallville in the Friday night time slot.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 9:02:55 PM PDT
Smallville rocks!! When is the dvd going to be available for sale??

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 9:04:10 PM PDT
My sentiments exactly!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2011 6:36:00 PM PDT
There should be a Smallville movie spin off!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 9:53:33 PM PDT
Josh says:
You're right. It has dropped. After Michael Rosenbaum left the show seasons 8-10 really weren't as great. I am a huge fan of the show but the conflict between Clark and Lex reallly made the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2011 11:27:06 AM PDT
S. R. C. says:
right on Josh.... :) :) :)

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 5:23:02 AM PDT
kestergayle says:
All I can say is that I will really miss my weekly dose of my Tommy.
What is a girl to do?

Seriously, this show has been a wonderful, cinematic
telling of the coming of age mythology from the DC universe.
However, it will be fun to watch what these actors do next. Tom
Especially has both the acting chops and the charisma
to be a HUGE movie star. Move over, George Clooney!
So, thanks to everyone who made this show such a
success

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 6:11:03 AM PDT
i love the show, even though they took sooooo many liberties with it. (interesting how in one episode they draw attention to that fact) can't wait to see the last season, but yes it is time for it to end. its very frustrating after several years they're still trying to not say superman. i mean c'mon they went from saying red-blue blur (which sounds like a mouthful to constantly say) to saying the blur. its like they want to say it so badly, if you just smack them in the back of the head they'll finally blurt it out. anyway, enough of my rambling. can't wait for november.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2011 11:01:14 PM PDT
Shoot, Tom's charisma was levels above George Clooney's when Smallville first started, never mind by the time it ended. I'd put him up there with Antonio Banderas and Johnny Depp.

Actually, I think they threw the ugly ones back. I can't think of a single main character that didn't have a huge amount of charsima.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 2:40:39 AM PST
Eric Edwards says:
Kestergale I know what you mean. I'm going to miss my Ally-Cat and my Miss En-Durrance!! 8*( Now that we are hooked on the Hero(s) where can we at least catch re-runs of the show? This was one thing that me and my parents shared and my mom died halfway before the season ended and I tried not to cry during the finale.

?
O-3-<==|
L

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 4:09:56 PM PST
@James Yamalis: You could choose to look at the double episode "Finale" as a feature film in itself. ;) I certainly do sometimes. (Along with the Season 1 Pilot (with "Metamorphosis"), "Tempest" (with Season 2's "Vortex"), "Calling" (with "Exodus"), Season 3's "Exile" (with "Phoenix"), Season 4's "Commencement" (with Season 5's "Arrival"), Season 5's "Oracle" (with "Vessel" and Season 6's "Zod"), "Phantom" (with Season 7's "Bizarro"), Season 9's "Absolute Justice" and finally "Salvation" (with Season 10's "Lazarus".)) There you have all the Smallville movies you'll ever need. They are also really good episodes from the series' run.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Smallville: The Final Season
Smallville: The Final Season by Tom Welling (DVD - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (442)