Sony BDPS790 4K Upscaling 3D Wi-Fi Blu-ray Disc Player
Used & New from: $375.00
hi its work with old TV lik plasma and LCD tv ?
asked by Najat on December 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
If the TV has a HDMI input, yes
Harish answered on December 15, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In general, I don't see why not, BUT -- check the output specs on the Sony against the inputs on your TV. If your TV doesn't have an HDMI input, then you can't expect the higher screen resolutions that the Sony is capable of (e.g. 1080i and 1080p). And, of course, the '3D' feature won't work on an older TV. But even with just composite video, you would still benefit from the Sony's ability to stream media over a network -- both Internet and your home network. All of the streaming video and audio features will be available to you (Netflix, Amazon, Pandora, your own music and photos from your PC, etc.).

The bottom line is -- if you want to keep your 'older' TV and are willing to (perhaps) give up some of the Sony video features (upscaling), the Sony should work fine as a streaming device and a DVD player. However, I am not an expert, so please make sure the Sony will interface with your TV and will do all the things you want before you buy it!
SteveFl answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It should work fine
CWB answered on December 15, 2012

A
It has the old RCA hookups on the back I just checked
CWB answered on December 15, 2012

A
Every thing but 3D will work with an older flat screen once you have the right connectors
Brendan Bhagan answered on December 15, 2012

A
It is backwards compatible so will work like a regular DVD. Will play regular, blu ray and 3D DVD's. You can't run 3D unless you have a newer 3D TV, but any tv will show a regular or blu ray DVD.
GP answered on December 15, 2012

A
Well I don't remember if the Blue ray player has Component conections on it or not, but if your flat screen dose have then ,and the Sony BD player has them that would be the next best thing , being that means you would get 1080 I at least, not as good as 1080 P but still pretty dame good, I hope that helps you out
bill walker answered on December 15, 2012

A
Fantastic with either. Top Blu-ray player out there right now. Only one possible player better by a very small margin, the OPPO 103, at twice the price! Not that big a difference! Just make sure the TV set matches the Sony's Outputs: (Input/Output Specs)

HDMI Output(s) : 2 (Rear) Dual output for multiple output or AV seperation mode
Composite Video Output(s) : 1 (Rear)
Digital Audio Output(s) : 1 Optical (Rear); 1 Coxial (Rear)
Analog Audio 2ch Output(s) : 1 (Rear)
Ethernet Connection(s) : 1 (Rear)
USB Input(s) : 2 (1 Rear/ 1 Front)
p5browne answered on December 15, 2012

A
If the TV has a HDMI input, Yes.
Harish answered on December 15, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›