iWork '09
$24.95
Add to cart
iwork vs microsoft word student&office for mac i have a question i am starting college in august and i would like to know do i really need to spend 130 on word when i can just buy iwork for a cheaper price what are the pros and cons of buying iwork please answer i plan to buy me a mac mini(already have a macbook) from here and i need to decided on iwork are Microsoft student&office addition before i buy...
asked by Amazon Customer on March 25, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I would highly recomend iWork because it cost less and you can do all the things that Microsoft Word does. Since you already have a macbook download the trial version of iWork. If you need further help with your decision watch some comparisons on YouTube. This was how I made up my mind to go with iWork. I realized the Microsoft Word program on Mac is not the same as it is on Windows. Since I'm going to be forced to learn a new program might as well go with iWork since it is affordable and seems to offer more options than Microsoft Word. Seriously look up the videos on YouTube you are going to be impressed with all the things you can do with iWork.
C.M. Writings answered on April 1, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
iWork still doesn't have an autosave feature, not even a temp working file folder, so if you're not great at saving everything constantly Office can save your term paper when some freak accident happens and you lose 4 pages of work the morning before it's due and its 5AM because you're using pages (yes I am still bitter). Looks cool, still not as good as office, final word.
A. Watling answered on April 1, 2010

A
While i am a huge fan of iwork's ease of use for every day personal documentation, and their report template is simply gorgeous, I have to recommend that you get the student version of office for the Mac. The world still uses ms office and it will be much easier for you in the long run to use office than to use iWork. I needed it on my own Mac in order to do bring some of my office work home with me. Plus office gives you the capability to cite work using the correct format, enter your source info and viola. Iwork makes you pay for an expensive citing software to unlock this feature (iwork 08 anyway). As much as i would like to, i can't recommend anything less than office for the Mac. Unless you want free then i recommend open office (open office.org).
G. Gibson answered on April 11, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product