Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Entertainment Collectibles Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on March 8, 2011
I've Bought JadooTV 2 (HD) a while ago...and here's what I've noticed so far....
Equipment I'm using with Jadoo TV:
Pakistani/Indian channels are coming in okay. For few channels, quality is not acceptable but for the most channels quality is okay to sharp granted that I have a high tech HD Sony LCD Bravia XBR7 TV and I'm using Onkyo TX SR705 receiver (which converts most streaming videos/meda to 1080p or close to that quality) but still I think some of the channels quality is not acceptable. Resolution is also a little bit issue on a 40" LCD but can be manage in your TV settings and/or Jadoo TV box.
I think for the most part I am happy with JadooTV 2. One thing I have noticed if you connect to your wireless network it is slow and you will see more buffering prompts and if you connect with CAT5 network cable then you might not see that much of buffering messages. I don't have N router. I have a G Linksys wireless router but my Jadoo TV is connected to my router directly (Wired connection).
Price and Connection Speed:
I've bought my JadooTV 2 for $263.00 out the door from eBay and it worked out nicely.
My connection speed is 10Mbps (download speed) and I have a cable connection.
Setup and Customer Service Experience:
I have not had any customer service experience because setup was a piece of cake. All you have to do is register your Jadoo TV on their website and start using it right away. Not a complicated process. It is very easy and user friendly.
Movies and Other Media Quality:
I think Jadoo TV paid more attention to quantity verses quality. Any Bollywood movie you can think of, it has it but again quality is not that great. Few movies are okay quality but not great. I have tested few old releases like 3idiots thinking it is a couple of years old and Jadoo TV might offer an original print but I was disappointed and quality was VCD. New movies are not of a great quality either but it has all the new movies you can think of it like I have mentioned above. I would still be renting it on DVDs I usually don't like pirated movies anyways.
Bottom Line: Great buy but with a twist. You should/must have a high speed Internet connection (around 5-10Mbps download). Channels can go in and out on a daily to hourly basis. One minute you have a channel and the next minute it's gone but over all since they are so focused on quantity, I doubt that you will be bored. For the most part they have great selections of Pakistani/Indian channels.
Hope it helps!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2011
This comments for public awareness... do not buy this product. Since last two month there are no Indian or Pakistani channel working at all. Some dealer in Indian market, they are hiding this matter with customer and still selling this stuff to the innocent customer. Zee tv program already not working since last six month. Before you loose your $250 It was my duty to inform all Amazon customer. I have one but I can not see any channel on it. So many time I talked with the dealer, but he is not reply properly.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
Unless you are hungry for latest Indian/Pakistani/Afghani Movies/Shows and tolerate substandard picture quality, It is not worth it.

1- One time cost

1- No real tech support. So, do not buy extended tech support
2- Expect poor quality prints, gets worse (Pixelization) when dance/song is played.
3- often movie will suddenly stop and go back and have to restart from beginning. No resume option. FF and RW are not smooth.
3- Used to be able to login in Youtube to play your own stored Playlists. Since Youtube has changed its interface, Jadoo2TV has not updated its software and it fails to work. They are not in any hurry to fix it.
4- Many times, it will complain that service is down, Frequent buffering issues.
on February 8, 2011
This is one of the verst product which i ever purchase in my life... Its not work good at all. Keep awaya from this... Channels are flying like birds.. It means if there is one channel now after one min it is not there.. Give this money to some charity insted od buying these...
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
Waste of money. Stops working abruptly for months. Their technical team is of no help. For every issue the solution is to unplug-wait-plug the power source. And when that does not work, all they have to say to you is "sorry. We cannot do anything about it". A total rip off.
on September 30, 2011
I can't believe they are selling this stupid box for over 200 dollars. First of all, it supports a limited number of channels and on top of that, the connection to my internet is crap and I have 20mbps. You cannot go 1080p with this because non of the channels offer You that quality of a picture. You Shouldn't even bother with the customer support because they will not answer you. I tried to get in contact with them once and the guy could barely understand me and I could not understand what he was saying because of his super thick accent.

The most they should sell this product would be $50 because they used the cheapest materials to make this product.

I give a two thumbs down for being too overpriced and having the worst customer service for any product I have purchased.
on July 30, 2011
The box worked fine until it kept rebooting so I contacted the Jadoo support and followed all the steps that they told me including software upgrade and factory reset (both processes failed and they wont troubleshoot blaming hardware). So I ran Diagnostics that didn't show any hardware problems but jadoo support tried to convince me that since it was a hardware problem they can't be responsible for the bad software that's causing a reboot. They will not let me talk to their manager or help troubleshoot. It really was a bad experience. I am going to write a complain in consumer affairs as well. I suggest all to beaware.
on November 29, 2011
I bought this product hoping to see some Indian channels. There were very few channels and the quality and resolution is so poor you cannot watch them at all. I tried to contact the customer service it is virtually nonexistent. After many attempts i was able to get in touch with a person who was of no help at all and refused any type of refund. Don't buy it. Its a rip off.
on January 4, 2012
very poor quality picture. Lot of Indian channels are of very poor quality and some give an error message "not streaming at present. Will return momentarily" Dont wait for that moment to come or you will 90yrs old waiting. Forget HD.
Quality appears better on old TVs for some reason. But I do get to watch some channels for free/
I did watch one Telugu movie with minimal discomfort.
I would buy it if it was $50.00 not %250.00
on January 11, 2011
Got my Jadoo2 gizmo today. Setup was simple and went without any problem. However, by the night non of the channels that I added to my channels list was working. Called the support. Support told the server had crashed under load. Will not be available for another one hour. Haven't got a chance to look a lot of TV yet but so far the quality of the live channels looks below par. So far I have not been able to find even a single channel in HD.The picture for most of the channels is very granny and unclear.
So far all my tries to access the dramas and music from internet has also not been successful. May be when the server is back up I will have a better luck.