Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 18, 2009 8:49:21 PM PDT
DNB says:
Just amazing how after 32 years his stage gestures and phenomenal playing has not changed ! I saw him July 17, 1977 at the Kingdome in Seattle

This is for me the greatest guitarist that exists.No one can even come close to him and I have seen almost all of the best.

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 6:02:54 PM PDT
glenrue says:
Definitely agree!!!

Posted on Apr 1, 2011 6:05:02 PM PDT
glenrue says:
where are the deleted scenes? there is a great one of Jimmy playing acoustic guitar...

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:36:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 12:38:56 AM PST
Hendrix will always remain the most innovative and skilled rock guitarist. Page is a brilliant, versatile player, but he doesn't top Hendrix. Regardless of who's music you like better, Hendrix brought the most to the table for rock guitar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:11:51 AM PST
DNB says:
It was very disappointing to listen to the new blu-ray Celebration Day as the sound was a complete disaster compared to say the blu-ray "Song remains the same". Also Jason Bonham was very unprofessional with his over worked skills as compared to Bonzo who had that deep very heavy rolling thunder type of sound. No wondeer Zep quite after Bonzo died.

Jimi was my fav but way too many drugs and alcohol

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:12:20 AM PST
DNB says:
Zep and Jimi

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 1:13:51 PM PST
DNB says: "Jimi was my fav but way too many drugs and alcohol"

At his peak, Page did just as much drugs and alcohol as Hendrix -- he was just lucky enough to survive the abuse, just as Keith Richards has done. It is well-known that Page was a heroin addict on Zeppelin's last tour of America in 1977, and have you ever seen the famous backstage Neal Preston photos that show Page (on the '75 Zeppelin US tour) slugging back a bottle of Jack Daniels with all his might ?

Some survived the common rock star excesses of the '60's and the '70's. Jimmy did. Jimi didn't.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 18, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions