Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event STEM Toys & Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 4, 2009 4:38:05 PM PST
john sanford prey books are they in order ? If so do you know the order I should read them in ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2009 9:51:36 AM PST
J. Ziemann says:
They are written in order, beginning with Rules of Prey, but reading them out of order will not compromise your enjoyment of this thrill-packed series.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2009 7:44:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 12, 2009 7:46:27 AM PDT
Katrina says:
I want to begin reading the Prey books and want to read them in Order---What is the order??

Posted on Aug 12, 2009 7:45:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 12, 2009 7:46:04 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2009 4:38:16 AM PDT
W. D. Baker says:
I tried this. I read the first 4 in order. Then skipped to a much later one. The stories are all about the same. I thought that the later one might be different with newer technology and Davenport being older. But it wasn't.
Sanford is a formula writer like Robert Parker. Which is to be expected when you write one or two books a year.

Anyway, to answer your question, you can get an in order list from Sanfords website.

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 6:38:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 23, 2009 6:40:04 PM PDT
Granma says:
Try to read the books in progression of date of publication. There is a plot progression for his personal life with Weather.

ps: I am finding his later books much harder to get into...the beginnings just seem slow and go on and on... :-(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2010 5:05:15 PM PST
Use this link to see them all in order, including cover photos:
http://www.amazon.com/quot-Prey-Order/lm/1N11ZH6I0CYRR
I read them out of order until I got my Kindle, then Amazon sent the remaining in order....love my Kindle

Posted on May 19, 2010 7:25:12 PM PDT
RCooper says:
I have found the Prey books to be excellent all through the series. Sandford has a solid style that never drags, in my opinion. Read them in order and prepare to feel a letdown once you have caught up to the current book and realize that you have to wait for the next one. By the way, Willaim Kent Krueger's Cork O'Connor series is another excellent set of books also linked to Minnesota.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2010 7:32:33 AM PDT
sniksnak says:
Here's the ordered list to all who are looking for it.

Rules of Prey
Shadow Prey
Eyes of Prey
Silent Prey
Winter Prey
Night Prey
Mind Prey
Sudden Prey
Secret Prey
Certain Prey
Easy Prey
Chosen Prey
Mortal Prey
Naked Prey
Hidden Prey
Broken Prey
Invisible Prey
Phantom Prey
Wicked Prey
Storm Prey
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jan 4, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Rules Of Prey
Rules Of Prey by John Sandford (Hardcover - 1990)
4.3 out of 5 stars (797)