Good for juicing leafy greens? I'll want to be using all sorts of greens: kale, chard, lettuces, parsley, etc in this juicer. Can someone tell me about your experience with juicing greens in here?
thanks!
asked by Deena on February 9, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
When juicing greens, tightly wrap smaller greens (spinach, parsley) in larger greens (kale, chard) before putting in - this helps!
M. Stewart answered on January 4, 2012
Comment | 33 of 34 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In my experience this juicer isn't good for juicing greens. I was hoping to juice greens as well when I purchased the machine, but it doesn't get much juice out of them. It felt like a waste of money buying leafy greens that I could be eating and getting a tiny amount of green juice instead. Even if I just throw in kale and collard stems, sometimes it just knocks the stems off to the side, still whole, with no juice extraction at all. That said, it is good for juicing bok choy stems, celery, cucumbers, and other larger and sturdier green vegetables.
Lucerne07 answered on March 6, 2011
Comment | 24 of 25 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've never had a problem juicing greens. I usually juice kale, romaine lettuce, spinach and parsley. The pulp comes out almost dry. I've tried running the pulp through the juicer a second time just to see what would happen, and I hardly got anything else to come out, so I'm assuming all the juice was extracted.
Christine W answered on January 21, 2012
Comment (1) | 14 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Greens won't make a lot of juice by themselves, especially if you only use a few leaves. Pack the feed chute and you'll get good results. Follow up the greens with juicier celery, cucumbers, carrots and apples to wash all the healthy green into the juice pitcher.
R. W. Pochciol answered on October 19, 2013
Comment (1) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I juice leafy greens just put them in with celery and the celery will help. I juice everyday with leafy greens.
Debie Nervina answered on August 21, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This juicer is great for those types of leafy green veggies. I have tried them all with great results!
Mart answered on February 26, 2013
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried juicing greens once and that was enough. I felt the greens went to waste. They either didn't juice, or about 3 drops came out from a cup of spinach. This juicer is amazing for practically every other fruit or veggie. With use, you will learn which ones have the best return.
MK658 answered on February 26, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
To my concern, this Extractor is waisting greens. They end up just shredded in the waste basket, even so I try to impact them in the middle of two halves of an apple, but still, too much waste.
Marliese answered on January 9, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi, I know I'm a novice at this, but is there a machine that actually cuts the pulp very fine but leaves it in? I like my fiber any way I can get it...
Many thanks,
Judy A
J. Acereto answered on February 21, 2012
Comments (3) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can you juice cocnut?
Christina Salidis answered on December 2, 2012
Comment (1) | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product