Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

just ordered but didn't get the final cut!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 92 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 30, 2009 7:51:13 PM PST
S. Choi says:
Well, I got the shipment of blade runner the final cut. The problem is that I did not get the final cut version of the disc. The disc 1 was the same as disc 5 (the workprint) although the disc surface stated that it was the final cut. Somebody should issue a recall.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2009 1:36:38 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 27, 2009 12:56:20 PM PDT]

Posted on Feb 9, 2009 11:53:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 9, 2009 11:55:01 PM PST
S. WANG says:
Hi, I too recently bought Blade Runner on Amazon and got this same problem (two versions of the Workprint where one of them was mislabeled as "Disc 1" Final Cut). I searched some websites and found a few links, http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=766 and http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/blade-runner-final-cut-blu-ray-1392.shtml

"NOTE: A small number of Blade Runner 5-Disc Ultimate Collector's Edition briefcase gift sets and Blade Runner 5-Disc Complete Collector's Editions in the Blu-ray format may contain an incorrect disc #5 labeled The Work Print. In some cases disc #5 does not have the work print content but rather the content of Blade Runner: The Final Cut, which is already included in the collector's set as disc #1. The only way to recognize the error is to play disc #5 and go to the Special Features page. If you see one commentary track by Paul M. Sammon, the disc is correct. If you see three commentary tracks, then they have an incorrect disc. To receive a correct replacement Blu-ray disc #5, please call Warner Home Video at 1-800-553-6937."

Note that this says that people were getting double prints of the Final Cut version (on Disc 1/Disc 5) and not the other way around like the problem I am having (2 copies of The Workprint copy). So I don't know what is going to happen when I call Warner Home Video tomorrow and whether they will replace the disc or not.

Posted on Feb 10, 2009 1:25:21 PM PST
Damon says:
So I get my 5 disc ultimate blu ray collection, I throw in disc 1 and I am watching, going, WOW this looks like CRAP. I realize they have put disc 5 on disc 1. So I have to call and get a NEW copy. DAMN, what ever happened to quality control. I have every version made, vhs, dvd, etc. SO I finally get a PS3 so I decide to upgrade now that Amazon.com has it for $24.99, $10 less then Target. It just sucks I have to wait and see the Final cut video quality for a few more days.

Posted on Feb 10, 2009 9:41:13 PM PST
I just received my copy of Blade Runner Five Disc edition for Blu Ray and have the exact same problem. My final cut disc is the workprint version. The picture was awful and I realized that was something was wrong. Hasn't this version been for a year? At least the theater editions have been remastered with pretty good visuals (at least compared to the workprint version).

Posted on Feb 12, 2009 8:17:24 PM PST
Hmmm.... Just received a replacement set and it also was missing the final cut disc.

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 7:55:48 AM PST
Same problem here, Disc 1 and 5 both workprints. Returned my original order only to get yet another with the same problem. I hope that the 3rd time around will be the last.

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 11:34:27 PM PST
I presume this is an issue with only the Blu Ray edition o the Ulimate Collector's Edition? I had bought the normal dvd version of the Ultimate Collector's Edition and all my discs are perfect ( or so I think). Disc 1 shows up as the Final Cut in the On Screen Menu and has 3 commentaries in the Features section, while Disc 5 Shows as Workprint in the On Screen menu and has only Paul M. Sammon's commentary on it in the Features section. I had bought the edition on 20th January 2009

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2009 2:01:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2009 2:01:45 PM PST
AH-1Z says:
I believe only the Blu-Ray and HD editions have five discs and the Workprint version; the SD Collector's edition has four discs and no Workprint, to the best of my knowledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2009 6:01:06 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 27, 2009 12:55:24 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 13, 2009 5:48:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 27, 2009 12:52:19 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 16, 2009 12:23:54 PM PDT
S. WANG says:
An update to my situation, I called WB support hotline the day after I posted in this thread (Feb 10th) and only NOW have I gotten the replacement disk (Either Fri-Sat Mar 13/14th) so over a whole month before I got the disc from them. Two weeks after the 10th I called them to ask about the disc and they said that I had not yet gotten it because they had shipped these discs out in bulk.

I guess I understand why they'd ship out in bulk but seeing how Warner Bros. is the one who made the mistake I don't understand why I as the customer have to pay for it by waiting a whole month to get the disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2009 10:02:59 AM PDT
Marcus A.D. says:
I've got the same problem... do you have the number for the WB support hotline?

Posted on Apr 10, 2009 10:12:56 AM PDT
S. WANG says:
1-800-553-6937

Posted on May 19, 2009 3:53:13 PM PDT
R. Baird says:
So has the problem been resolved, making it safe to buy from Amazon without having to turn around and order a replacement disk?

Posted on Jun 13, 2009 7:54:15 PM PDT
D. Pattison says:
I'm holding off on ordering this until I know the problem is fixed. Any word?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 10:41:20 AM PDT
Just bought one in a store and had the same issue so, I guess the problem continues.

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 6:58:41 PM PDT
Matt says:
Wow. Even from the store? Guess I'll stick with my HD-DVD version for now :(

Posted on Jul 4, 2009 6:20:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2009 9:37:56 AM PDT
I bought my Final Cut Blu Ray copy last Feb 17, 2009. When I read this thread, I understood why the first disc was so disappointing. I had thought that the director intended his Final Cut to look as crappy as the Workprint! I hope Warner Home Video can ship me the correct disc one asap! Thanks to all who posted the contact number to call!
Dante

Posted on Jul 8, 2009 7:36:05 PM PDT
IlliniGuy08 says:
Are there any updates to this problem? I purchased Blade Runner on BD at WBshop.com last week because of a B2G1 sale. Has anyone ordered this recently and received the correct final cut? Has anyone received a replacement disc from Warner?

Posted on Jul 17, 2009 10:21:33 AM PDT
Guess I'll wait another year to see if the problem work its way out of the circulation.

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 12:23:03 PM PDT
Well CRAP! I just ordered the Blu-Ray set from Amazon, it is already on the way, and NOW I stumble upon this topic. Ugh.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 1:37:24 AM PDT
Hi can somebody tell me what the subtitles are in this blu-Ray......

Posted on Jul 23, 2009 3:01:30 AM PDT
D. Williams says:
FWIW, I just received 5-disc Blu-ray set from Amazon, and discs 1 and 5 were correct.

Posted on Jul 25, 2009 11:56:18 AM PDT
Bort says:
I just received mine in the mail today, and discs 1 and 5 were correct for my set as well.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  72
Total posts:  92
Initial post:  Jan 30, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about