Customer Discussions > The Last of Us forum

I just ore-ordered this for $47 at Newegg.com

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 25, 2012 3:57:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2012 1:41:11 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
*EXPIRED*

Promo code: BTENDHE54 for $12 off + free shipping & no tax...

If Amazon can match or beat this I will cancel and buy from Amazon since I like their service better, but NY tax is 8% and it's still at $60.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:39:31 PM PDT
P. Artl says:
$47.99 is a little closer to $48 than it is to $47 just as an FYI.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 2:27:20 PM PDT
M. Brown says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 3:00:38 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
Troll much?

Well, for people who pay their own way in life, we like to save money when possible.
I saved roughly $20 over what it would have cost me here.

What does it matter when the release date is? Saving money is timeless.
Anyway, Newegg ships to me faster than Amazon. Usually in 2 business days. Not 3-7.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 9:20:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 28, 2012 9:21:21 PM PDT
M. Brown says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 1:31:45 AM PDT
Sekki1202 says:
Agreed. Thanks for the promo code got mine preordered.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 6:24:31 AM PDT
P. Artl says:
If money is tight I'd recommend actually knowing what you are paying for things. $47.99 is not $47.00 at all, and it still amazes me that the oldest pricing trick in the books still manages to fool people. You might as well just round it down to $40, then it sounds even better!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 1:34:57 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
Thanks for summing up my point exactly. And keep in mind it probably just seems like the most used word on the net because it's
always directed at you, and probably for good reason.

Attacking someone for sharing a money savings code is trolling in my book.
A non-trolling answer might be "Thanks for sharing, but it's not for me". not your answer "who cares?"
Anyway, I wasted enough time on this already... So enjoy spending more money or whatever you plan on doing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 1:40:47 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
Moot point as it's expired.

But...Trick? Who am I trying to trick? It's not like I work for NewEgg or even care if you buy the game.
It was an error and Amazon doesn't let you edit the title post. I guess I'm am optimist or something.

If you don't care about saving a substantial amount of money than what does 99 cents mean to you anyway.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 1:45:01 PM PDT
Sekki1202 says:
12 Dollars saved is 12 dollars towards another game in the future lol thats how I see it

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2012 2:08:10 PM PDT
M. Henzel says:
Exactly! Not a bad thing.

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 9:14:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 30, 2012 9:15:03 AM PDT
Ben Linus says:
Hey, u wanna save money, good for you. Thats why i shop here as well. There no pain in wanting them to match the price, especially if you shop here a lot anyway. And im sure this other guy has a valid point, he just hasn't gotten to it yet. You can save over ten bucks on a game=who cares? What an ignorant thing to say dude, sounds like mommy buys all ur games for you. If youre basing your opinion on a release date, then thats like saying oh im not excited about 'insert game here' because its not out yet. That makes little to no sense sir. You are indeed a TROLL

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:33:34 AM PDT
Tigs says:
Or you can just be patient and wait a little bit for the price to drop down even further.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 6:50:52 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Don't know how I missed this deal as I subscribe to Newegg. Please post again if another deal like this comes back! :)

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 8:09:09 AM PDT
Tigs says:
May Payne 3 for PS3 and Xbox now $40.00. See what I mean about waiting? It will probably become a greatest hit and drop even lower at some point.

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 8:18:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012 8:28:06 AM PDT
Waldo says:
If you want to wait that long! Normally "non blockbuster" games, I wait til price drops to around $40 bucks. But, a game like this I will bite at a price like Newegg has when on special.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:11:57 AM PDT
Dark Tech says:
How do you hear about these deals? I have a newegg account and they never tell me about these game deals. It would be nice to know about these deals as soon as they happen, but I always hear the news to late.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2012 9:14:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 22, 2012 11:30:41 AM PDT
Tigs says:
You may have an account but you need to sign up for the newsletter. I don't really use NewEgg that much anymore but I would imagine there is a little checkbox somewhere when completing an order or when signing up for an account. I am sure you can probably sign up for the newsletter directly on the site somewhere.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/Subscriptions.aspx

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012 7:55:08 PM PDT
slickdeals dot net will set you up for most all deals across the net or brick'n morter. Over the past few days Newegg has been having a save $10 off all pre-orders $39 and up on all platforms. Search on site "10OFFPREORDERPROMO" use promo: EMCNBNG58. Deal ends tonight (sunday, 8/5/12) I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012 6:07:51 PM PDT
Anony says:
its back, deals on all preorders, 12 dollars off:)

I use dealzon to find deals

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:47:06 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Sale at Newegg.com again $12 off all Pre-orders $49.99 & Up

Enter Promo Code: EMCJJNH48 at checkout!!!! Exp 11/04/12

Enjoy, in case anyone missed anything the other 4 or 5 times Newegg had this! ;)~

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:58:43 PM PST
Waldo says:
Here is the latest Trailer for The Last of Us.

http://kotaku.com/5966783/the-last-of-us-arrives-in-may

Releases: May 7, 2013

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:36:29 AM PST
Deadcell says:
Who cares. We're all aware by now that Newegg sells most games cheaper. When Newegg can get me the game on day one without charging me an arm and a leg, I'll consider it.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013 3:50:17 AM PST
Waldo says:
LOTS of people care, $12 saved is $12 saved! Not everyone waits by the mailbox on day one for a game. Most people have jobs, so waiting a day a two isn't a big deal.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2013 9:56:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 9:57:25 AM PST
M. Henzel says:
Exactly why I posted it to start.
Not all of us still live in our parent's basement and have unlimited funds for games with nothing to worry about but playing a game on launch day.

I can wait a few days... I've been known to even remain perfectly patient for weeks in order to save upwards of 50% off a new game.

Ok, maybe that was harsh...nah.

Anyway, I've had NewEgg shipments arrive faster than Amazon. Free shipping too and ZERO tax for people in NY.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last of Us forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us
The Last of Us by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (3,144)