Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

So is it just me or do all three cover options suck?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2009 6:46:59 AM PDT
Ryan S. Hupp says:
Seriously, what was wrong with the original poster art? These have been Photoshopped within an inch of their lives and look awful.

Posted on Jul 9, 2009 9:46:05 AM PDT
compsciguy says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2009 5:38:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2009 5:38:51 PM PDT
Pixelriffic says:
I don't think the current selection of artwork fits the movie at all. It is horribly bland and uninspired. This movie is not a cheesy forgetable flick, but rather, a cult classic that people have been waiting for to get the dvd treatment for years and it deserves better artwork than the current selection of garbage. There was really nothing wrong with the original artwork. They should heed Anchor Bay's lead to go with Happy Birthday To Me's original artwork on the upcoming rerelease of that movie and do the same with this one.

Posted on Jul 19, 2009 10:06:38 PM PDT
Ian Allen 13 says:
I agree - these three movie covers are TERRIBLE. I would go with the original artwork and just update that a little - clean it up and there you go. What was someone thinking with these covers? Rediculous.

Posted on Sep 23, 2009 9:34:06 PM PDT
Jason Chan says:
They should have kept the original cover. These new ones are terrible. I am looking forward to the DVD release though.

Posted on Sep 26, 2009 3:50:54 PM PDT
what covers would you have chosen the one w/our hero and the girl in front of the sorority house w/the flame thrower or the one from the original VHS cover. I would have prefered the first one w/the flame thrower...I mean the cover they chose looks pretty cheesy and doesn't exactly "thrill me" but at least we have the release of the DVD w/extras, to bad Phantasm 2 (the best in the series) was bare bones, but I was looking for that release for a long time. and now we get Trick R Treat too. It's been a good few months for horror fans.Now I hope we get a release of Mindwarp (Fangoria's first flick w/Bruce Campbell and Angus Scrimm two legends in the horror genre....still bad cover or not I know everyone on this post will be "screaming like wild banshes" to get a copy of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2009 9:54:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2009 9:55:30 PM PDT
Jason Chan says:
I like the flamethrower one as well. The extras should be awesome. I just saw Trick R Treat, and I absolutely LOVED it! And I will definitely be screaming like a banshee when I get my hands on the Night of the Creeps DVD! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2009 2:16:14 AM PDT
Ace-of-Stars says:
@ Ryan S. : I WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE! One of the thngs I was hoping on with this first-ever release to DVD was a facsimile of the original poster art being used for the DVD cover art! But when I learned that they were going to allow "fans" to choose among 3 different cover designs WHICH DID NOT INCLUDE the original poster design, that should've told me right then & there that Dekker & company really did NOT care about the true "fans" of this movie! That suspicion was further confirmed when it was announced that the version of the film selected for the project would consist *ONLY* of the so-called "Director's Cut", and that the "Theatrical Version" would NOT be offered, either as a "dvd menu option" (a la "Terminator 2" and "clue") or as a separate DVD release; either option would have given the fans of the movie a *CHOICE*... but noooooo... they always think they know better than us! -- so they give us some crap :30 second snippet of the alternate ending as a "deleted scene"! As a result, this title is STILL not finding a home in my personal dvd library collection until we've been given the option of which "movie" some of us would rather see & own!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2009 1:09:43 AM PDT
Pixelriffic says:
"They" was the director himself. You should read the article with dekker on fearnet.com This is the version he originally wanted. The corporate studio big wigs, or "they" as you put it, wanted the zombie dog ending shot so they could end with a "boo, gotcha" moment that dekker was totally against but his hand was forced. Now he had the chance to go with the ending he had intended from the very beginning. Why wouldn't you support the director himself's actual peferred ending. I don't get your beef. You want the corporate cheap ending? I think the director knows best how to make his movie. The dumb zombie dog scene is included in the deleted scenes section where it belongs.

Posted on May 17, 2010 12:17:29 PM PDT
A. moczek says:
i agree the cover art is horriable. should have went with the orignal artwork. more people would have noticed it. but hey at least we got the movie with a full set features so it is no big deal

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2010 5:14:27 PM PDT
Ace-of-Stars says:
@FrenchFry: I know that! I knew that! ... AND I DON'T CARE! The fact of the matter is that *BOTH* versions of the movie were made, so *BOTH* versions of the movie SHOULD HAVE BEEN offered! If "they" could waste our time *PRETENDING* that we were really being valued as their customers by allowing "us" to "choose" a cover-art design (which DID NOT include the ORIGINAL poster art!), then "they" should've gone all the way and offered us a choice of which *VERSION* of the movie we wanted to own! Because of this cop-out, I'm seriously considering buying a BOOTLEG of the VHS version burned to DVD.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 10:52:02 AM PST
Arg! says:
Don't get me wrong guys, I usually always prefer the original artworks too, but at the end of the day, it's not THAT big a deal, and doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the film. This is a great film, and if you're not gonna buy it the Blu Ray/DVD just because it doesn't give you two film options, that's pretty sad. First things first, the theatrical ending is absolutely wretched (as anyone with half a brain should know), and aside from nostalgic factor of that being the ending you saw in theaters, I just cannot understand how people prefer that gimmicky tacked-on coda.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2012 8:58:26 PM PDT
I prefer the cover with the skeleton hand opening the door.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about