Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2009 3:52:00 PM PST
Teach 5 says:
Any book suggestions?- I have a 9 year old boy who likes humor. He reads at about a 4th/5th grade level. He enjoyed the Wimpy Kid books, he liked the Roald Dahl books. Any suggestions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2009 8:47:34 AM PST
Book Mom says:
Try Sweet Farts by Raymond Bean. It's a silly title but a very smart book. My son and I laughed very hard through this one. The main character tries to cure the smell of farts for his 4th grade science fair project. I don't want to give away any funny moments but a real letter from Benjamin Franklin plays into the story and his grandmother is hysterical. Let me know what you think.

Posted on Jul 23, 2009 6:08:48 AM PDT
My nine year old son has a hard time staying focused on a book. He seems to like the style of the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid. If anyone else has suggestions of similar type books, please share.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2009 7:00:10 AM PDT
Joy Sill says:
My son likes Captain Underpants. He also likes Where the Sidewalk Ends, a Light in the Attic (Shel Silverstein). He loves Garfield Comic books. He also likes Bone Comic books (Jeff Smith). He also reads Hank Zipper's books and loves anything with a comic flare. Hope this helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 29, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (Paperback - 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,585)