Customer Discussions > JW Library forum

jw library - kindle,fire hd

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2013 10:15:23 AM PDT
Childbride says:
Calledthe WT. society. According go Amazon not compatible with kindle fire. Only ohones. Line busy at help desk for jwibrary. Left message with them.

Posted on Oct 10, 2013 4:19:55 PM PDT
js says:
The app that is currently on Amazon is for Android devices. They are working on a version for Kindle, but (like they said at the meeting) it is not ready yet. When it is ready, I'm sure it will be in the Kindle store... not in the Android app store.

I feel sorry for the people working at the help desk.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 4:00:48 PM PDT
Erika Jerry says:
I check every day several times a day hoping the app for the kindle will be ready.

Posted on Oct 11, 2013 6:02:03 PM PDT
We are thankful for the efforts of those working on the Kindle version!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2013 5:21:31 AM PDT
Erika Jerry says:
Indeed. Thankful and excited.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2013 12:54:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2013 1:04:15 PM PDT
DJack says:
You can add the app to your Kindle Fire by tranferring the file from your smartphone to your Kindle Fire by Bluetooth. Upload from ES File Explorer create a folder and you're all set. I have added to my Kindle Fire HD as well as several of my close friends and it works fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2013 2:03:33 PM PDT
Erika Jerry says:
Unfortunately I can't get it on my Nokia Lumia. Do you have any other suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013 6:28:41 PM PDT
Childbride says:
I am getting a smart phone. Can i contact you again for more help? A novice at such things.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 5:01:56 PM PDT
me too!! wish we had it now...

Posted on Oct 22, 2013 4:38:43 PM PDT
I had sideloaded JW library onto my mother's kindle fire hd this passed sunday. Just google "sideload jw library onto kindle fire." The instructions are very clear. Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2013 6:18:06 PM PDT
Erika Jerry says:
Thanks I'll look into it.

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 2:54:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2013 11:14:50 AM PDT
Cathlete says:
In case you missed it, I'm posting this here also (originally from the JW.Org Library discussion)...

I was able to sideload the .apk file version of the JW Library app onto my Kindle Fire HD & got it to work! The instructions are at this website:
http://daniel-mitchell.com/blog/jw-library-app-sideload-on-kindle/

Important: look for 2 gray boxes that say 'UPDATE:'
that's where the files are located to download the app for Kindle Fire. The 2nd gray box has the file for the resources (which include the 5 other bible translations plus a whole lot more)!

To complete the sideload:
Scroll down to the comments & look for the 2nd post by 'zandra on October 7, 2013 at 4:05 pm' for more instructions & then scroll down to the post by 'Daniel Mitchell on October 10, 2013 at 8:19 am' to finish the install.

Updates are also posted in comments.

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:57:24 PM PST
They just recently put the sign language version up for kindle because it showed up on my Kindle in the app store. That's a good sign because the regular JW is not on it yet for obvious reasons but you have every reason to be optimistic for the other to appear in Kindle store soon. I'm excited though I was impatient and have since gotten another Android based tablet to use the app. I cant wait until it comes to Kindle Fire! Keep checking everyday. :)

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 1:43:24 PM PST
maria says:
Maria Gutierrez: I too am anxious for it to be ready for my kindle fire. All in due time. Please let me know when its ready.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 4:03:04 PM PST
Ashley says:
So...is the regular JW Library not ready yet? Online Amazon says I have it...but it won't sync with my device. Plus there is a link on jw.org and the asl jw library is available. I did the whole side load thing...it messed up my tablet so I deleted it. I'm so confused.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2013 1:45:55 AM PST
P. Chandler says:
I too sideloaded the apk. My Kindle keeps forgetting content I have downloaded.

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 10:04:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2013 10:07:29 AM PST
candy says:
Be patient, we waited this long it will come in time. No need to sideload or break your kindle to get the app. We always get what we need and this is a want. It will work in your favor to have patience and a waiting attitude. I am very excited to all of this information at our fingertips.

Posted on Nov 18, 2013 1:39:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2013 1:42:08 PM PST
Mary Demas says:
Mary said:

What's going on Kindle? You can download JW Library on less expensive tablets, when I brought this device I thought it was the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2013 7:14:52 PM PST
bgeorgejr says:
Looking forward to this being available on KF HD!

Posted on Nov 22, 2013 11:56:55 PM PST
Ashley says:
for now I use my android phone if I need to look up a s scripture real quick..It's still awesome....We will appreciate it a whole lot when it finally downloads to our kindles!

Posted on Nov 29, 2013 7:54:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2013 7:54:48 PM PST
Reading Mom says:
I have JW Library loaded on my phone,but the screen is rather small. I hope a version to be used on Fire HD will be forthcoming. What an exciting tool to use on a tablet!

Posted on Nov 30, 2013 3:25:16 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2013 3:26:22 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2013 4:53:57 PM PST
Good reminder for all Pamela!

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 7:18:53 AM PST
It seems to be coming soon, this link at jw.org shows that they are planning to provide support for Kindle Fire tablets soon. http://www.jw.org/en/online-help/jw-library/android/

Posted on Dec 4, 2013 11:12:57 AM PST
Mandy Earley says:
I would really appreciate being able to have the JW app on my Kindle Fire!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  JW Library forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
JW Library
JW Library by Jehovah's Witnesses
4.9 out of 5 stars   (2,252)