Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System
Used & New from: $129.00
Why do I keep getting a black residue when I brew the coffee
asked by Victoria Leos on December 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I wonder if the black residue is there for all brands of coffee or just some. I would think it may have something to do with what the grind level is. That would be my thought.
Judy A Foster answered on December 24, 2012
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Victoria, we have had our Keurig B70 for about two months now. We have never experienced any black residue in our cups or anywhere else after we brew. You didn't say where the residue was...is it in your cup? Now when we use Swiss Miss Chocolate brew it does leave a residue in the bottom but that is easily corrected by just stirring the last of the mixture in your cup....don't know if that helps....David Elliott
Davo answered on December 24, 2012
Comments (4) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Where does the residue occur? If you use the reusable k cup for your coffee of choice sometimes their maybe a residue due to a hole in the mesh or overfilling the k cup with ground coffee.
Hytheries answered on December 24, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have never experienced a black residue; however, I don't brew the coffee - I use the K-cups. (Maybe check your cup holder - possibly it might have something in it.)
jean beardsley answered on December 24, 2012

A
Just a thought, are you using flavored coffees in your B70? I haven't seen any issues with the problem like you are describing. We've had our B70 for 8 months now, and the only time I see any type of residue is when we brew a flavored coffee, where the brew leaves behind a "ring" of residual flavoring in the coffee mug.
Ross D. Reed answered on December 24, 2012

A
Are you at a high elevation? I'm at 7000', so the pods are nearly bursting. If I don't puncture the pod by pressing it down on the bottom needle before lowering the mechanism, this happens to me.

Welcome to Keurig, where a cupful of problems goes hand-in-hand with a mug of coffee.
RJ in Santa Fe answered on December 24, 2012

A
Have had the same problem especially when using my own grind. The EZ-cup and EZ-cup paper filters takes care of it. The grind needs to be somewhere past standard and less than fine . That is an individual choice. Experimentation with your grinder will give you your answer. I don't have a residue problem with Kcups,just my personal grind. As stated previously,the EZ-cup system will take care of that. Paper filters seem to do the trick. Also, I use the Keurig water filters as recommended and the coffee tastes great! Stir well and enjoy!
PACKERS FAN answered on December 29, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›