ken burns' prohibition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2011 9:21:33 PM PDT
Any input on when this series will be available? thanks.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 4:12:35 PM PDT
According to Amazon you can pre order in regular or blu ray now, with a release on October 4. It is scheduled to air for the first time October 2nd to 4th. Which means the video hits the streets the day part 3 airs.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2011 6:33:57 PM PDT
Thanks for that Eric. Do you know what the running time of this production will be and if you have any 'inside' info on the 'episode themes'? Regards, Jud.

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 2:22:41 AM PDT
There are promo videos on the PBS site that will tell you that. As for running time, I heard 5 1/2 hours, though the listings for orders on the PBS page say 6. That makes sense 3 parts, 1 hour and 50 each (more likely than a full 2) IS 5 1/2. I preordered it here, as the PBS asking price is like 10 bucks more at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2011 5:24:57 PM PDT
Ok Thanks again Eric. I'll check out the PBS site.
Regards, Jud.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 4:23:07 PM PDT
Anytime, Jud. But preorder your copy here (better price as I type this and available for the free shipping deal all by its widdle self).

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 11:08:21 PM PDT
goblue56 says:
When it be offered as download from Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 5:17:10 PM PDT
Hi Eric- It's Jud again. Is the release date for 'Prohibition' still Oct.4? As for the Civil War- I prefer the 'old' way [ie., buying the DVD's rather than downloading] of watching his superlative documentaries. Just a thought- but it would be nice if he could make an entire series on: Gangs Of New York; Gangs Of Chicago etc. in the late 19th/early 20th Century- of which I have the books- fascinating reading. Anyway cheers, Jud.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 11, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Civil War: A Film by Ken Burns
The Civil War: A Film by Ken Burns by David McCullough (DVD - 2004)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (1,730)