kevin conroy voice of batman?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 12, 2010 4:21:46 PM PDT
i really hope so.

Posted on May 31, 2010 8:32:24 PM PDT
S. Peterson says:
It's actually an actor by the name of Bruce Greenwood. If you watch the "behind the scenes" featurette on the "Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" DVD they actually interview him and give a small sample of his performance. Here's a link to the first part of the featurette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FNp3xdXsbY

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2010 1:02:44 PM PDT
I will add that he did a fantastic job as well. Am I the only person who thinks poor Kevin gets dragged into too many animated Batman flicks? Don't get me wrong, he is awesome, but not all animated features are alike. This can lead to things getting weird if the Batman from movie X sounding like a completely different Batman from movie Y especially if neither movie are in the same canon as each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2010 7:02:27 PM PDT
S. Peterson says:
I agree that a little variety is never a bad thing. Usually...lol. I mean, I wasn't a big fan of William Baldwin's Batman in "Crisis on Two Earths" but I did like Jeremy Sisto's portrayal i n "New Frontier". And it's not like we won't ever be seeing Conroy as Bats again. He'll be voicing him in the sequel to "Arkham Asylum" and most likely in future "Superman/Batman" animated features if they make more sequels from the comic series. We were lucky to grow up with Conroy as the Batman we grew to appreciate through the DCAU and a little change is never a bad thing. Usually...lol. But I'm very much looking forward to Bruce Greenwood's portrayal in "Under the Red Hood" next. Then Conroy again in "Apocalypse" in September.

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 7:29:22 PM PDT
I'm spoiled, I guess. Conroy can do "Bats" until he's an octegenarian...Well, he's already given us a glimpse of how he might sound as a more "mature" Bruce Wayne in "Batman: Beyond," now hasn't he? :>)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 12, 2010
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman: Under the Red Hood (Two-Disc Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition with Litho Cel)
Batman: Under the Red Hood (Two-Disc Amazon Exclusive Limited Edition with Litho Cel) by Bruce Greenwood (DVD - 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (449)